• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] New Enneagram Inventory (Experimental)

Starry

All of my x's were born of "it depends"

The only question I felt especially challenged by was the very last...

for question 25.) I am persuasive... I answered yes.
But for 64.) I am rarely persuasive, and I'm not good at negotiation. <-this is one of those...I am persuasive...but I suck at negotiation. Basically I'm persuading to not have to negotiate.

Edit: I don't know if you will catch this Mal but I answered 8.) in a way that doesn't reflect who I am. In no way am I ambitious...but I'm not laid back either when I have a stake in something. None of that makes me organized but if I care I care so idk

Last edited:

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Short explanations for some. Some conflict, but it makes sense in my mind... [MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION]

1. I prefer to follow my own approach. Y
2. I enjoy analyzing people. Y
3. I openly express feelings, or, I find it difficult to conceal my feelings. Y
4. I enjoy working with numbers. N
5. I am cautious when it comes to making decisions. Y
6. I believe the practical is more important than the theoretical. Y
7. I'm not the the type to follow convention. Y
8. I am not highly ambitious and prefer to take a more laid-back approach. Y
9. I am adaptable, I take a different approach to different people and situations. Y
10. I prefer routine over variety; repetitive work doesn't bother me. X - it depends
11. I don't like detailed tasks; I tend to be rather unorganized and unsystematic. Y
12. I prefer to make my own decisions. N (This sounds really pitiful but someone's gotta understand, right?
13. I am outspoken. N
14. I am modest. Y
15. Analyzing people is not important to me. N
16. I would rather spend my time being alone. Y
17. I am competitive and dislike losing. N
18. I enjoy being in charge. N
19. I critically evaluate information and focus upon errors. N
20. I am trusting, I see others as honest and reliable. Y
21. I am interested in theories and enjoy playing with abstract concepts. N
22. I generally feel awkward meeting new people. Y
23. I am highly ambitious and strive to achieve more. N
24. I don't like telling other people what to do. Y
25. I am good at persuading people. X - I don't know if I've even tried
26. I don't mind breaking rules and I dislike bureaucracy. Y - I don't mind it when it's necessary, but it makes me nervous and happy at the same time
27. I am innovative. N
28. I am talkative and enjoy being the center of attention. X - Who am I with?
29. I am thick-skinned and not easily offended. N
30. I like to be around other people. Y
31. I prefer to remain detached from other people's problems. N
32. I prefer to take a conventional approach to situations. N
33. I consult others before making most decisions. Y
34. I prefer variety over routine. Y
35. I dislike being the center of attention. X - Again, depends on who I'm with
36. I am helpful and supportive. Y
37. I don't like being pressured with extra things to do. Y
38. I find it difficult to unwind and relax. N
39. I take a long-term view and set goals for the future. Y
40. I am relatively free from worry. N
41. Opinions and feelings are more important to me than facts and numbers. Y
42. I like to keep busy and enjoy having lots of things to do. N
43. I prefer to just go along to get along. Y
44. I am wary of the intentions of others. N
45. I prefer to see deadlines as optional. Y
46. I am socially confident. N
47. I find it easy to relax. Y
48. I am decisive. N
49. I rarely display emotion. N
50. I am more focused on things that might go wrong. X - both optimist and pessimist
51. I tend to focus on the negative. X - little bit of both
52. I don't like competition, I just want to have fun. Y
53. I don't like to voice my own opinions. N
54. I am not very creative. N
55. I like to make my strengths and achievements known. Y
56. I don't change myself to adapt to various situations. N
57. I am sometimes too sensitive for my own good. Y
58. I don't waste a lot of time looking for errors. Y
59. I prefer to follow rules and regulations. Y
60. I always expect things to turn out well. X - more optimist vs pessimist
61. I am conscientious. N
62. I am methodical and like to focus on details. N
63. I am more interested in immediate goals in the here-and-now than the long-term future. Y
64. I am rarely persuasive, and I'm not good at negotiation. Y

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
On the “prefer” questions, I put N if I didn’t have a strong preference either way.
On the “and” questions, I put Y if at least one item applied.

I liked this inventory. It isn’t as easy to predict as others.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm back. I'll get to scoring these as soon as possible. I'm also working on rescoring ones that I already scored.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting idea. Here's mine:

On my second scoring I have 5w4 for your primary type. Your tritype came to 541. 5w4 4w5 8w7. 4s and 8s resonate well and so they have traits in common.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You scored 5w4.
Your tritype appears to be 5w4, 4w5, 8w9.

On my second scoring I have 5w4 for your primary type. Your tritype came to 541. 5w4 4w5 8w7. 4s and 8s resonate well and so they have traits in common.

Thanks for doing this. I was thinking an 8 fix was unrealistic for me. 541 is what I type as now, but it's just a guess.

Do you think your reworking of the answer key will give more Type 2 results? What's missing or misleading in enneagram tests that Twos are harder to pin down?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here is mine. Thank you!

I adjusted the score key and came up with 5w4 again for you. Your tritype appears to be 5w4, 4w5, 8w7, but the scores for 8 and 1 were very close together. I would call it a possible 1w2 for the third leg of the tritype.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for doing this. I was thinking an 8 fix was unrealistic for me. 541 is what I type as now, but it's just a guess.

Do you think your reworking of the answer key will give more Type 2 results? What's missing or misleading in enneagram tests that Twos are harder to pin down?

I'll ask Russ, he should know.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
kk, let's play.

Where I use an X, it rarely represents an "I don't know" or "neither", but more often a "both". These are sharp spots, not foggy ones.

Rate of X's: 14%

After working over the score key I came up with a 4w5 for you this time. 6w5 is looking more like the second leg of your tritype. The third leg could be either 8w7 or 1w2.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This looked so interesting that I had to post and try it out for myself.

But before I do, [MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION], there are some questions where my behavior and thoughts/preferences are at odds. Is there a particularly way you would like those answered?

You should briefly explain your answers to those. That's a great question and not a point I had anticipated.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I like this idea a lot more than 1-to-1 test items.

You came out as the 8w7 type after I adjusted the score key. Your 9 score was the lowest. 3w4 and 7w8 were in your tritype.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't score any more tests tonight. I'll pick this up again in the morning.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
After working over the score key I came up with a 4w5 for you this time. 6w5 is looking more like the second leg of your tritype. The third leg could be either 8w7 or 1w2.
That's pretty good.

I've been disagreed with before about the wing of my 6 (and would be open to listening to the other side), and it's easy to see why I'd test that way - while 6w5 is not my core, it's on the right track. As for 1, I do have 1w2 listed currently. 8w7 is an association I'd find extremely unlikely in the same way as [MENTION=23222]senza tema[/MENTION], but new data is welcome.

Thanks for putting the time into these.

Re: data rational, I actually took the test with a calculator open in another tab, purposely trying to drive the X count specifically below 15% before submitting my answers. IDK why I do things like that. Note that I also marked "good with numbers" as N. :ninja:

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm interested in more work being done to validate the instinctuals as a real and objective form of typology. But they don't form any part of this particular test. As for your score, you came out as a 7w8. Your tritype is 784. Your second highest type with wing is 8w7. Maybe you can use instinctuals to find out why 7 was your highest score.

Quite! It actually speaks strongly that [MENTION=23222]senza tema[/MENTION] and I both scored 7+8 when we are really Sx 4's-- this makes total sense to me, even Naranjo said that Sx-4 is "8 like". The point is that an Sx 4 looks different than an So 4 or a Sp 4 (the same is true for other types as well). I find Instincts to be almost the most important aspect of Enneagram, and if not well understood, will lead to mistyping.

I don't see "typology" as a valid thing so we many differ here-- I see the Enneagram and all of it's original components as a tool for emotional/spiritual health. Tritype is not even close to original to the Enneagram, and has (in my opinion) been popularized to the detriment of the system as a whole. I wrote some on that topic here, if you are interested in my reasoning.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here goes..........

Last edited:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Re: data rational, I actually took the test with a calculator open in another tab, purposely trying to drive the X count specifically below 15% before submitting my answers. IDK why I do things like that. Note that I also marked "good with numbers" as N. :ninja:

I was 'good with numbers' in school and never had issues with math or the like, but put 'N' as well, because I don't live my life in a numbers way, or really enjoy any of it in terms of what I do day to day. But I can certainly do it. :shrug:

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cool idea; here's mine:

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
This is cool. I was doing well with almost no Xs then I got to a specific string of qs and Xs galore lol. The Xs are mostly, if not all, 'I don't know.' Thanks for offering your services :p

jakopic

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think I know my tritype and will give you feedback, after yours.