• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Please help me: 7w8 or counterphobic 6

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Is that really how it goes? I'm a few years younger than that age the 6 wing anxiety is supposed to come, but I've already had it happen (and, like, back in middle school, too.). But it wasn't unexplainable... I was going through some shit. Am I destined to have another wave of it in a few years?

Starry

Is that really how it goes? I'm a few years younger than that age the 6 wing anxiety is supposed to come, but I've already had it happen (and, like, back in middle school, too.). But it wasn't unexplainable... I was going through some shit. Am I destined to have another wave of it in a few years?

Every single 7w6 has the same exact experience no matter what. <-No. But I don't know why all you bambinos even waste your time on sites like these because there are developmental reasons the MBTI is only meant for individuals over the age of 18...and many practitioners even think that's too young.

Every once and a while there is a younger member where their type seems fairly obvious...but you aren't one of them in my opinion. I like interacting with you...but admit to wanting to smack you just like they do in my culture to demonstrate affection...when I see you spending good time trying to solve the currently unsolvable.

And I tell you all of this out of the goodness of my heart because you don't even know how badly I would rather start freaking you out like I used to do with [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] ...by resurrecting the "Soon" meme.

5e1cc26b4c17bf59409b9a6279ac20ec.jpg

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13377]pinkgraffiti[/MENTION]
you get too defensive for 7. I'm going with cp6w7>4w?>1w2 Sx/So

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
While he avoids discomfort, he does nothing to diminish his anxiety by setting up safeguards like a phobic 6 would nor does he try to head anxiety off at the pass like a CP6 would.

So the anxiety isn't predominantly what is being avoided (phobic) or pre-emptively dealt with (CP) but the discomfort itself!
If you could expand more on this I would appreciate it. I am not sure about my ratio of c/cp.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you could expand more on this I would appreciate it. I am not sure about my ratio of c/cp.

Thanks. Well, I think everyone has overlapping c/cp qualities. Some people think cp is strictly a 6 in disintegration/unhealthy.

I personally don't think that. But knowing enneagram motivation really helps anyone integrate, imo.

Do you think it has to be one or the other? What are you confused about ratio wise?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks. Well, I think everyone has overlapping c/cp qualities. Some people think cp is strictly a 6 in disintegration/unhealthy.

I personally don't think that. But knowing enneagram motivation really helps anyone integrate, imo.

Do you think it has to be one or the other? What are you confused about ratio wise?

Well, this isn't my thread, but I have a lot of qualities of both. I really prefer not to classify myself because I think that is limiting; but if I could be, I would kind of like to know. I think all 6's are both most of the time- that's what makes us a 6, an inherent duality. We're always reacting to ourselves.