• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] INFJ with Enneagram Type 2?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFJs are actually quite commonly 4s, but I think it might be possible for an INFJ with good developed Fe to be a type 2. Though I'd except this type for ENFJ if I go by stereotypes.

I wonder if I really am an ENFJ. I've had at least two or three people on this website who thinks so. I've already made a thread twice, trying to get people to type me, and they seem convinced that I am an introvert, but then my intense need for intimacy with others may have influenced some people to think that I am an ENFJ. This is really hard!

I wonder if it is possible for people to type me just by facial recognition alone. I know this sort of thing exists- that a person's facial characteristics is influenced by their MBTI type.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
I wonder if I really am an ENFJ. I've had at least two or three people on this website who thinks so. I've already made a thread twice, trying to get people to type me, and they seem convinced that I am an introvert, but then my intense need for intimacy with others may have influenced some people to think that I am an ENFJ. This is really hard!

I wonder if it is possible for people to type me just by facial recognition alone. I know this sort of thing exists- that a person's facial characteristics is influenced by their MBTI type.

Have you tried watching video's of types you feel a connection with to observe the people's facial expressions? I did this when considering 4w5 and it's part of what cemented it for me.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Need for intimacy with others is closely related to sx instinct and doesn't really relate to introversion or extroversion.

Visual typing is pure bs imo.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Have you tried watching video's of types you feel a connection with to observe the people's facial expressions? I did this when considering 4w5 and it's part of what cemented it for me.

I am trying. Its so hard, though. I mean, what if I am biased by my own face? How do I even know what I look like if I can't exactly watch myself? The only way to do that is if I make a video of myself like many people do when they want others to analyze + type them.

I could maybe do that, even though I don't feel so hot in front of a camera. :p What do you think?

Need for intimacy with others is closely related to sx instinct and doesn't really relate to introversion or extroversion.

Visual typing is pure bs imo.

How do you know, though? There seems to be a lot of connections between facial distinctions and their types. It's not pure science, but I am convinced that it just might work.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Yes, I think that would be effective if you are comfortable :)

I got the input of a few friends who were watching with me. Even though they didn't have an interest in the topic, it was clear to them who was most similar to myself in verbal/physical expression.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
in my version of the typing system, 2w1 = isfj. i have seen infj 1w9 and 9w1 (along with 4w5 and 5w4). 2w3 and 3w2 = esfj (along with 1w2). 1w2 includes the whole boatload of exxj types. a lot of so/sp types, cognitive extrovert or not, are more likely to identify as introverts.

meanwhile, 2s, 7s, and 9s sometimes tend to mistype, based on positivity, inclusivity, assumption of good in others, desire to constantly feel good with others.

i also think isfjs can get a bad wrap. isfjs can be highly literate and gifted communicators. one of the best writers in my class is an isfj. they can range a lot, from deeply spiritual to, weirdly enough, some of the best coaches in professional sports (see: steve kerr). Fe, more broadly, tends to appreciate voice a whole lot.

Starry

in my version of the typing system, 2w1 = isfj. i have seen infj 1w9 and 9w1 (along with 4w5 and 5w4). 2w3 and 3w2 = esfj (along with 1w2). 1w2 includes the whole boatload of exxj types. a lot of so/sp types, cognitive extrovert or not, are more likely to identify as introverts.

meanwhile, 2s, 7s, and 9s sometimes tend to mistype, based on positivity, inclusivity, assumption of good in others, desire to constantly feel good with others.

i also think isfjs can get a bad wrap. isfjs can be highly literate and gifted communicators. one of the best writers in my class is an isfj. they can range a lot, from deeply spiritual to, weirdly enough, some of the best coaches in professional sports (see: steve kerr). Fe, more broadly, tends to appreciate voice a whole lot.

I've said this a couple of times on the site but I honestly believe many of the supposed INFP and INFJ classical novelists, etc. are ISFJ.

(also...sorry if this is off-topic...well it's not really...but my Mom tests ENFJ and I feel strongly she is 2w1...but what would be more probable in your system if you don't mind...)

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've said this a couple of times on the site but I honestly believe many of the supposed INFP and INFJ classical novelists, etc. are ISFJ.

this could be. i think 9w1 infjs are often a bit more grounded in characters and story than some of the 4w5/5w4. we are looking harder for something unknown. so there could be a combination of many things. i can't think of many novelists off-hand. more poets. nfps seem to have more of a novelizing sense, but there are so many different types of novels that it's hard for me to generalize too much.

(also...sorry if this is off-topic...well it's not really...but my Mom tests ENFJ and I feel strongly she is 2w1...but what would be more probable in your system if you don't mind...)

i mean, i would be less likely to type by committing to 2w1 vs 1w2 unless it was really clear to me. i'd take this sense and then start to test in other ways, like finding resonances with examples that could help lateralize a pattern to draw out or clarify, or explore instinctual energies and cognitive functions. for me, typing is kind of like sudoku rather than a story. there really is no foundation but the context as a whole. i find interactive cues to generally be the most helpful, followed by physical cues including eye movement, voice, posture, style, walk, handwriting, affectations and gestures, etc.

Starry

this could be. i think 9w1 infjs are often a bit more grounded in characters and story than some of the 4w5/5w4. we are looking harder for something unknown. so there could be a combination of many things. i can't think of many novelists off-hand. more poets. nfps seem to have more of a novelizing sense, but there are so many different types of novels that it's hard for me to generalize too much.

I see 9s as the "true writers" as well...I mean, not to put words into your mouth but what you said with regards to being more grounded in characters and story... maybe more of a willingness to sit and see a story through...to let the story become what it wants to be without the compulsion to gut the whole thing and return to perpetual seeking because it wasn't perfect or I felt funny on that day or seeking is the real point...er maybe that's just how 4 manifests in me. But I appreciate your words because it is an important claim I'm saying and I should be more specific in my meaning.

i mean, i would be less likely to type by committing to 2w1 vs 1w2 unless it was really clear to me. i'd take this sense and then start to test in other ways, like finding resonances with examples that could help lateralize a pattern to draw out or clarify, or explore instinctual energies and cognitive functions. for me, typing is kind of like sudoku rather than a story. there really is no foundation but the context as a whole. i find interactive cues to generally be the most helpful, followed by physical cues including eye movement, voice, posture, style, walk, handwriting, affectations and gestures, etc.

I'm might bother you with a photo of my mom. (thank you)

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just want to thank everybody for replying. I think I need to think some more about my enneagram and my tritypes some more. It may be possible that I am not so much as a type 2 as I am just going through a quarter life crisis of some sort that makes me think I am. I might even start all over again and see where I end up. Maybe I'll give myself a breather this weekend, stay off the forum in that time, and just write down everything I think and feel during those two days and see how it looks like in terms of my temperament and cognitive functions. I hope I make sense.

Anyhow, thanks again. :)

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
I just want to thank everybody for replying. I think I need to think some more about my enneagram and my tritypes some more. It may be possible that I am not so much as a type 2 as I am just going through a quarter life crisis of some sort that makes me think I am. I might even start all over again and see where I end up. Maybe I'll give myself a breather this weekend, stay off the forum in that time, and just write down everything I think and feel during those two days and see how it looks like in terms of my temperament and cognitive functions. I hope I make sense.

Anyhow, thanks again. :)

This is the resource recommended to me - that I said I would send later. Hope you find it as enlightening an aid as I did :hug:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/239698153/Tritype-Booklet-PDF