• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Seek and Find with Tritype 469

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
@me

@starcrash whoops [MENTION=19700]Anaximander[/MENTION]

And any other 469/649/946 whatever order you are. Come.

And anyone and everyone with a question to ask, a statement to make, or just looking for something to learn or some place to dive.

Come.

We are always looking for whatever it is you may be able to provide.

Always open, always.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is a new combination tritype I haven't explored too in-depth in the past. [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] suggested it along with ISFP. I usually take typoC members' typings of me with a grain of salt, but she has a way of peering inside of me.

I will start by replying to [MENTION=24643]Frosty[/MENTION] and continuing over the discussion from the mistype thread:

Yes same with me, everything. I think it is why I can come off sort of... Confusingly at times. And why I have a very difficult time being direct. Because I really just do not want to deal with absolutes-it is very hard for me to consider them to exist in the first place---everything starts and eds with a 'but what if this...' And a 'you have to include this alternative otherwise the idea is incomplete' so explaining things can be... Can cause a bit of stumbling. Partially uncertainty and insecurity... But it is hard to be 'secure' when you feel like you are grasping at some sort of awareness... But that it is always just a fraction out of reach-continuously moving so.

But yes... EVERYTHING.

It is why I refuse to proof-read. It would legitimately be hell for me, going through every point and watching and needing to expand further on it-adding more and more layers. Nothing would ever get done-nothing-ever- so I have had to learn to accept what I view as incomplete as complete. Was a bit of a perfectionist as a kid-now it is sort of a switch I turn on and-generally off. Painful all or nothings. Painful pseudo choosing. Detatchment becomes a necessity-until it cannot be anymore. Floating until forcefully seized. Like now. Dramatic sigh.

We need our own thread.

Im making it.

I agree with much of this. Not being direct is related to or maybe a result of my own tendency to second-guess and question my decisions, assumptions, etc. It makes me come off as indecisive and wishy-washy. It frustrates other people, which then frustrates me because I'm really not, I'm just weighing everything and accounting for the new scenarios that my brain continually generates. Very difficult for me to reach closure in that regard.

Except for proof-reading. I'm almost the opposite. I'll continually re-edit a post even once it's been up for days. I'm always seeing something in my old posts or writings that needs refining or rewording. Everything is a work in progress for me. At some point I just have to abandon things. It's why I have difficulty making music, because I get so hung up on trying to analyze a piece and re-edit it. My best experience making music was always just jamming and free-flowing with other musicians and seeing what came out of it--it forced me to just live in the moment and become one with the creation process, rather than stand outside of it like an architect. I miss my old band.

This could be more indicative of MBTI quirks than enneatype though. I've read INTPs have issues with this, particularly the part about reediting old posts. I'm not saying I think I'm an INTP, just noting an area where I might identify with Ti users. However, I won't make this a type me thread or take it off-topic from 469 discussions. Let us get back to that topic.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=24643]Frosty[/MENTION]: I like ISFP for you. My closest friend is ISFP 4w3, 6w7, 9w8 Sx/Sp... She rocks!

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
[MENTION=24643]Frosty[/MENTION]: I like ISFP for you. My closest friend is ISFP 4w3, 6w7, 9w8 Sx/Sp... She rocks!

Reply to anax later. But yeah... ISFP is a 'fun' one for me sort of. I mean, as in I see it as possible- a bit of a stretch-but interesting to envision myself as.

Unfortunately though-for all it may seem on here... My Se is fairly horrendous. I am probably one of the most unaware people irl that you will ever meet. Although, perhaps that is just 'the seeker' talking.

But I mean, shit going to do a 9 thing here and mention identification-partial merging- with the idealization of a character... Arya stark-an ISFP- has forged herself a pretty favorable soft spot in my heart. Girl is hella dynamic especially in contrast to her sister-I love it, sweet design really.

Enneagram for her I am less certain of- counterphobic 6 mayhaps- either that or has fallen from 9 to that... But really imo she has fallen to 3 so... 6 fits.

Anyways, derail- just saw this and thought it would be fairly light to answer while waiting for class to finally start.

Anyways anyways, as I said, back later.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
This is a new combination tritype I haven't explored too in-depth in the past. [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] suggested it along with ISFP. I usually take typoC members' typings of me with a grain of salt, but she has a way of peering inside of me.

I will start by replying to [MENTION=24643]Frosty[/MENTION] and continuing over the discussion from the mistype thread:

I agree with much of this. Not being direct is related to or maybe a result of my own tendency to second-guess and question my decisions, assumptions, etc. It makes me come off as indecisive and wishy-washy. It frustrates other people, which then frustrates me because I'm really not, I'm just weighing everything and accounting for the new scenarios that my brain continually generates. Very difficult for me to reach closure in that regard.

Except for proof-reading. I'm almost the opposite. I'll continually re-edit a post even once it's been up for days. I'm always seeing something in my old posts or writings that needs refining or rewording. Everything is a work in progress for me. At some point I just have to abandon things. It's why I have difficulty making music, because I get so hung up on trying to analyze a piece and re-edit it. My best experience making music was always just jamming and free-flowing with other musicians and seeing what came out of it--it forced me to just live in the moment and become one with the creation process, rather than stand outside of it like an architect. I miss my old band.

This could be more indicative of MBTI quirks than enneatype though. I've read INTPs have issues with this, particularly the part about reediting old posts. I'm not saying I think I'm an INTP, just noting an area where I might identify with Ti users. However, I won't make this a type me thread or take it off-topic from 469 discussions. Let us get back to that topic.

Absolutely, and I hate coming off as wishy washy or insincere... But... Certainties in ANYTHING make me uncomfortable because they feel like absolute commitments... And I have a tendency to mentally-and practically- have a problem with them. I mean, I love to commit to certain things- but... Well... If a new door opens... Then I want to be able to also move towards and explore that. But yeah, makes me feel like absolute shit. Trying to work on that-at least in the practical and interpersonal sense- emotional stability *which is something I really really am hoping for* I pray will help with that.

And something that I have also noticed that is tied to this... I have a very very hard time explaining concepts to people. Tutoring. Had to do it quite a bit in highschool-teacher would call on me because I was doing 'well' to help someone who was struggling... And really-and maybe this sounds Se/Ni Ni/Se... But I could never ever put it well into words. I would try to explain from my perspective-which generally just... Was sort of internalized and sort of well... Clustered... And I would shoot out a bunch of different things-making assumptions that the person could follow... And then yeah-frusteration and more tongue tiedness when they could not. Because well... Unless I really sat and thought and went really slow and tried to keep it very clean... I was confusing... But I felt I HAD TO BE so they got EVeRYTHING! So they understood! But yeah. Just yeah- the tendency is there for me to fall into the assumption that everyone can think in some of my same ways... But really... Most people want more definitive-more cut and dry-IN EVERYTHING-than I am able to give them.

And this actually ties back to honesty too. I have a tendency to be really... To really try to be straightforwards about simple things-because the frusteration from above... Grr forbids me from being anything else... But this straightfowardness also... Well... I have to include EVERYThING when I say something-or the essence of everything-so I say it all-even stuff no one ever wants to hear... Because to leave something out would just be... Horrible. Awful. WRONG. Can get me into shit irl though-called mean and stuff-trouble with whoever i am being honest with-ect. But it comes from NEEDING to not leave anything out! To express anything and everything-well because if I express one thing then everything else-again potentially there-is also forcibly open.

And see, that is why I don't proofread too. Because either... It would just become too convoluted with me trying to include any and all possible truths... Or it would be incredibly vague. Neither really is... Anything better generally than my first draft. And I would drive myself crazy with perfectionism and just no... I mean... It would be-and I know myself on this-it would be me spending hours-to days- on something that I can get done 'better' in the eyes of those who matter *not me* in a matter of minutes.

And final thing, that brings me to school. Math, english, anything open ended-actually anything really, tests to papers... Either its blown open pages flying everywhere... Or one single lined page. Just in terms of turnout in anything. And that is figurative really for either being excessively(not in my opinion really...) But *sigh* frusteratingly in a vast majority of those I have come across- half the time it is 'fuck em' and the other half the time I just bend over and don't bother fighting and turn in what they want- which is just the bare bones of everything. Like they will say somethibg like describe the difference between an orange and a banana-and they will want to hear-they are different colors or something-but I will go off about time of season they are harvested-number of varieties- history-chemical compisition- ect... And apparently that's 'bad'. Very frusterating. Don't know how many times I have had to re-realize that the less time I put into something the better the results/my grade/would seem to be.

So ha. Anyways I guess long story short is... We are really 'overly complex' fuckers. And it is not always a good thing. And while that seems like I am complimenting us-and I mean I am if taken that way... And no denying there can be good and interesting to the self aspects about being a seeker- really... That is up in the air too.

And in my opinion [MENTION=25366]Chrysanthe[/MENTION] is a POSSIBLE seeker so I am going to call him here too.( might be [MENTION=13867]Dar[/MENTION]kmagician hard to keep up so many recent name changes)

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I test as this tritype, often. I don't relate to some of it. CP6, and all. I don't think I doubt myself as much as the profile states.

For me, it is more there are endless questions that have no answers (I don't expect answers) but give you some useful wisdom to put forward. That wisdom is always expanding because the questions don't end. I think seeking is getting always "warmer". Closer to the source but not necessarily needing closure.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
um yea this is my one

do i compare myself to some type descriptions now and report on the overlap?

i'm heaps anxious with a weak sense of self and i'm like heaps depressed. totes seeker in da enagrum

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

KitchenFly

@me

@starcrash whoops [MENTION=19700]Anaximander[/MENTION]

We are always looking for whatever it is you may be able to provide.

That is so true, at work a young woman approached me at the smoking spot, it was a cold morning she watched as I pulled out my tobacco and stated to open the packet to role a cigarette, have one of these she said, she offered a cigarette from her pack, I looked at her and and opened to see and feel her energy, withdrawn 4 with the security seeking of six and the union seeking energy of type 9. I gently responded I have some tobacco you keep yours I replied and she spoke, it's to cold to role have one of these. I took one to make her feel at ease and she sat beside me. I could sense she was mot quite comfortable within her own skin as often 18 - 24 year olds can be from time to time so I invited her to talk lightly via the warpath of my tone, she was new to the city and had come from a small country town I new by location only. I did not receptively interpret the pain that was so close to the surface that was able to be sense and felt. To read it would have only induced the tears and emotion politely withheld due to the context of purpose in being at the work place and the dutiful role expected from her self as a customer service attendant.

I looked at her and noted a rich red berth mark on her lip that seemed ruddy red inflamed as a colour from the pore chose of lipstick as if her self esteem and emotion disappointment conflicted her judgement and compelled her to over compensate in order to pronounce what hurt her within.

The light polite Impersonal conversation continued until my cigarette had been smoked and I politely said bye and left to retrench to work.

The next day I delivered some containers for suitcases to rest in as they traveled from checkin to baggage sorting section, she exercised her component 6 (field of concern, personal agenda) the middle of the three with the Tri Type function's.

I thought it was strange several days later that she had no interest in acknowledging me especially since I had seen her twice since our conversation at the smoking spot.

That got me thinking, I knew she was a 469 "but why" I wondered,. And then I realised she approached me because she had a need to know to seek knowledge how could I be so comfortable within my own skin and at ease while being so ugly and disfigured with cystic acne facial scarring.

So yes I agree with you 469 have primary focus that is related to, (Self (4) /self esteem security orientated (6) / and the gaining and retaining of a sense of freedom orientated peace inner and outward orientated), image (3) and the impression generated, cognitive orientated observation (5) by the other is, it seems, for most importance within for the 469's field of concern for the egoic mind of self.

kikimora

MBTI Type
--
Enneagram
I tend to be a bit more agressive (in my motivations not exactly the way I act) than typical 469 but there is no other tritype that fits equally well - oversensitive, self-doubting 469 seems to be the best option. :) Also I have some questions for 469s sx and so - where is the difference? How did you know your stacking? 469 is gentle and somehow repressed, so how being an sx work?

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My tritype is definetely 4, 6, and 9 in some order, but I'm not sure what the differences are between each of the orders. What exactly are they?

equinoxx

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some type of XNXP 964 here!

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Does anyone know the difference between 964, 469, and 946?

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For the last time, differences between 469, 946, and the others please?

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does anyone know the difference between 964, 469, and 946?

With the 9 first, the 946/964 is a 9, with all that entails. A 469 is a 4, with all that entails.

For a 964 or 946, 4 things are more distant. For a 469, 9 traits are more distant.

4's focus on unique identity. 9's don't have an identity, or see themselves as empty and personality is a construct.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I tend to be a bit more agressive (in my motivations not exactly the way I act) than typical 469 but there is no other tritype that fits equally well - oversensitive, self-doubting 469 seems to be the best option. :) Also I have some questions for 469s sx and so - where is the difference? How did you know your stacking? 469 is gentle and somehow repressed, so how being an sx work?
I'd imagine that they would be a little more aggressive than the average 469, but passion is more of an sx thing in general. Putting oneself into everything and everyone fully and seeking deep connections is pretty typical for sx types and it can work with 469 as well.