User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: 2w1 vs 2w3

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    On the topic of 2s and uniqueness, I watched this clip the other day and now I think Ty Lee (acrobat girl) might be a 2w3. She's a clear ESFP tho
    I agree with thoughtlost on the typings, except I'm not so sure about Ty. I'm stuck on 2w3 and 3w2. She seems like someone who's more fixated on admiration than importance. In other words, I don't think she prioritizes being needed because I don't see much over involvement in other people's lives with her. She just wants to shine the brightest. It's been a while though, and I don't remember much of her character.

Also, I think Zuko is a disillusioned / disintegrating Fi-dom. I think he's a 4w5-6w5-8w9 combo (core 4 sp variant or 6). I've seen him typed as 6w5. He's one of those characters that make me question if I have 6w5 in my tritype over 5. If you're familiar with the final fantasy series, he's very similar to cloud > the ambivalence & melancholy.

...Have you watched Korra? What type was Asami? I thought healthy 2 or 4 originally. I ended up with 1w2 sx/sp.

--------
    I know I'm derailing somewhat, I don't care.
    Likes Chanaynay, magpie liked this post

Permabanned
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Fi

Is this a thread about Avatar now? I relate to Zuko hardcore and I'm a 41... something. Possibly 6?

Um, I related to him more when I was a teenager. I'm not that angsty now.
    Likes Chanaynay, Duffy liked this post

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    What are the key differences between the two (haha, get it - two)? How do they act, think, and react differently?

It would be really cool to have explanations other than "2w3s are extroverts, 2w1s are introverts," because I don't think that's necessarily true. I'm really interested in how they think and behave.
    2w1s tend to come across as more guarded and less aggressive than 2w3, with more of a 'good samaritan' vibe . A 1 wing will add a focus on being 'moral', whereas a 3 wing adds more focus on being a 'winner', successful and productive. The 2w3 is more of a 'star', and has a more obvious need for validation. 2w1 can seem, almost quiet and introverted, wanting to help others in the 'background'. They therefore tend to be more understated even though they are still extroverted and people-oriented. 2w3 would be overtly demonstrative and emotional, wanting to shine to be 'seen' more.
    Likes bundleofsunshine liked this post

Enneagram
    N/A

Back to 2s because I thought of something. Correct me if I am wrong about anything

Something I've seen about 2w3s is that they can be for something one moment and against it the next, all depending on whether they think they are receiving the appropriate attention that they want. For example, I know a 2w3 (I think she is) that will be really nice to someone's face and then if they don't show her the level of appreciation/admiration she would like, she'll trash talk them and call them out on their bad traits and stuff. Also, they won't stay very long in things they are not good at because they don't want the negative attention. For the unhealthy 2w3, negative attention is better than none though. Altogether, though, they want to be where they will be praised if their 3 wing is really strong.

Like, even socially, they are not their to be friends with everyone. If they realize they are not getting the attention they want from you they won't consider you a friend and won't be around you much or will barely talk to you. I have seen my friend be like this to some people.

Oh, and they don't like being subordinate to people. The same 2w3 friend doesn't like to join clubs because she hates taking instructions from others. She says she hates leadership positions, though. She's always talking about how people do a bad job and how she could do it better. She does that with her teachers too. Everyone is so incompetent to her. Like, one time, we were all planning a party for someone and she kept on going on and on about how incompetent we were being and she took charge eventually. Afterwards she was all "ugh, this party wouldn't have happened if I didn't do anything about it". ...She is really unhealthy, though. So I don't expect this to be the case for all 2w3s.
    You are so arbitrary.

Enneagram
    6w7

Thank you all for your information. Soon I will decide which one I am.
    6w7 // 2w3 // xxx

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w9 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    20,000 members and my thread gets no replies?
    I know how you feel. I have made several comments/posts and I almost always get ignored.
    INFP 1w9-6w5-4w3 so/sp | Neutral Good | Melancholic-Phlegmatic

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    285 so/sp

E2s give in order to recieve. What they give is largely dependent on their wing.

A 2w1 will give you everything you need. A 2w3 will give you everything you want. "Let me cook you dinner" vs "Let me buy you dessert". 2w1s are more likely to coddle while 2w3s are more likely to peacock. 2w1s are enablers while 2w3s are self destructive.

And I guess it's inflation, but damn it's hard to value my two cents
    As a kid I was idolizing millionaires and all the presidents

- Left at London
    Likes Yama liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w9 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Question - If somebody has 2w3 and 1w2 in their tritype, could they be mistaken for a 2w1?
    I'm only asking for one reason - people assume that because I'm not ostentatiously seeking success, and because I think about right and wrong, and because I value controlling my temper, that I'm a 2w1 - but I do seek success I just don't tell everybody, and I'd rather get acceptance than do the right thing.
    INFP 1w9-6w5-4w3 so/sp | Neutral Good | Melancholic-Phlegmatic

Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

2w1 - smother mother or lover
    2w3 - prince or princess charming
    Likes The Penguin liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram