• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] 2w1 vs 2w3

Duffy

On the topic of 2s and uniqueness, I watched this clip the other day and now I think Ty Lee (acrobat girl) might be a 2w3. :thinking: She's a clear ESFP tho

I agree with thoughtlost on the typings, except I'm not so sure about Ty. I'm stuck on 2w3 and 3w2. She seems like someone who's more fixated on admiration than importance. In other words, I don't think she prioritizes being needed because I don't see much over involvement in other people's lives with her. She just wants to shine the brightest. It's been a while though, and I don't remember much of her character.

Also, I think Zuko is a disillusioned / disintegrating Fi-dom. I think he's a 4w5-6w5-8w9 combo (core 4 sp variant or 6). I've seen him typed as 6w5. He's one of those characters that make me question if I have 6w5 in my tritype over 5. If you're familiar with the final fantasy series, he's very similar to cloud > the ambivalence & melancholy.

...Have you watched Korra? What type was Asami? I thought healthy 2 or 4 originally. I ended up with 1w2 sx/sp.

--------
I know I'm derailing somewhat, I don't care. :laugh:

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is this a thread about Avatar now? I relate to Zuko hardcore and I'm a 41... something. Possibly 6?

Um, I related to him more when I was a teenager. I'm not that angsty now. :blush:

ARET45

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
What are the key differences between the two (haha, get it - two)? How do they act, think, and react differently?

It would be really cool to have explanations other than "2w3s are extroverts, 2w1s are introverts," because I don't think that's necessarily true. I'm really interested in how they think and behave.

2w1s tend to come across as more guarded and less aggressive than 2w3, with more of a 'good samaritan' vibe . A 1 wing will add a focus on being 'moral', whereas a 3 wing adds more focus on being a 'winner', successful and productive. The 2w3 is more of a 'star', and has a more obvious need for validation. 2w1 can seem, almost quiet and introverted, wanting to help others in the 'background'. They therefore tend to be more understated even though they are still extroverted and people-oriented. 2w3 would be overtly demonstrative and emotional, wanting to shine to be 'seen' more.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Back to 2s because I thought of something. Correct me if I am wrong about anything

Something I've seen about 2w3s is that they can be for something one moment and against it the next, all depending on whether they think they are receiving the appropriate attention that they want. For example, I know a 2w3 (I think she is) that will be really nice to someone's face and then if they don't show her the level of appreciation/admiration she would like, she'll trash talk them and call them out on their bad traits and stuff. Also, they won't stay very long in things they are not good at because they don't want the negative attention. For the unhealthy 2w3, negative attention is better than none though. Altogether, though, they want to be where they will be praised if their 3 wing is really strong.

Like, even socially, they are not their to be friends with everyone. If they realize they are not getting the attention they want from you they won't consider you a friend and won't be around you much or will barely talk to you. I have seen my friend be like this to some people.

Oh, and they don't like being subordinate to people. The same 2w3 friend doesn't like to join clubs because she hates taking instructions from others. She says she hates leadership positions, though. She's always talking about how people do a bad job and how she could do it better. She does that with her teachers too. Everyone is so incompetent to her. Like, one time, we were all planning a party for someone and she kept on going on and on about how incompetent we were being and she took charge eventually. Afterwards she was all "ugh, this party wouldn't have happened if I didn't do anything about it". ...She is really unhealthy, though. So I don't expect this to be the case for all 2w3s.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Thank you all for your information. Soon I will decide which one I am.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
E2s give in order to recieve. What they give is largely dependent on their wing.

A 2w1 will give you everything you need. A 2w3 will give you everything you want. "Let me cook you dinner" vs "Let me buy you dessert". 2w1s are more likely to coddle while 2w3s are more likely to peacock. 2w1s are enablers while 2w3s are self destructive.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Question - If somebody has 2w3 and 1w2 in their tritype, could they be mistaken for a 2w1?
I'm only asking for one reason - people assume that because I'm not ostentatiously seeking success, and because I think about right and wrong, and because I value controlling my temper, that I'm a 2w1 - but I do seek success I just don't tell everybody, and I'd rather get acceptance than do the right thing.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
2w1 - smother mother or lover
2w3 - prince or princess charming

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION]

Yes, but the statement doesn't say anything about 2w3s themselves - their fixation.

"If I'm extraordinary (can include being funny / unique), then I won't be rejected." ~2w3
"If I'm funny and charming, then I won't pose a threat / will be accepted." ~6w7

^In a nutshell, this is how I think the two types can be confused for one another.

How would that work for a 6w5? :thinking:

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ignore my last post on here. It was when I didn't know what I was talking about since 2w1s are often stereotyped wrongly as being most people's mothers.
Click on this attachment, guys. View attachment 19193

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
2w3s are more street oriented and 2w1s have a more stuck up status quote vibe about them.
2w3s are more prone to be more talkative and give more advice than 2w1s. 2w1s dispay a more chilled,serious vibe and a bit more old-fashion and both are kill joys

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just made a thorough version of the differences between the two. The issue is that the 2w3 descriptions often sound like mistyped 3w2 ExFJ women. 2w3's aren't going to be more selfish than a 2w1 because they have a 3 wing. They are however going to seem aggressive compared to the 2w1.

huysjd.jpg

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If anyone is still wondering which wing they are.

2w1 - The Reforming Helper.
Seeks to be needed+pure.
Vices: pride+wrath.
Fixations: flattery+resentment.
Defense Mechanisms: repression+reaction formation.
Stress Mode: 8w4 (the misunderstood aggressor)
A double complaint type.

''The personality types corresponding to Karen Horney’s Compliant strategy are the One, Two and Six. These types are generally industrious, principled and conscientious. It’s worth mentioning here that the word compliant doesn’t necessarily mean that these types are compliant to those around them, but rather to their over-developed superegos. Each of these types responds to problems, threats and obstacles by conforming to an internalized set of rules, ideals or codes of conduct. In other words, they feel there is no free lunch and put a significant amount of pressure on themselves to measure up. They feel they must earn the right to have their needs met and these needs are defined by the Triad they fall into: One is in the Belly Triad meaning they will attempt to earn their right to autonomy and self-governance through being above reproach; Two is in the Heart Triad meaning that they will attempt to earn their right to recognition and value through being good, likable, and indispensable to others; and Six is in the Head Triad meaning they will attempt to earn their right to stability and security through vigilance and following (or defying) the rules. All three types feel their sense of self most keenly when they’re moving toward others and/or the flow of life. For the Compliant types, the affect is “I get what I need by being cooperative and dutiful to my ideals.”

2w3 - The Achieving Helper.
Seeks to be needed+envied.
Vices: pride+deceit.
Fixations: flattery+vanity.
Defense Mechanisms: repression+identification.
Stress Mode: 8w9 (the apathetic aggressor)
A complaint type with an aggressive wing.

''The personality types corresponding to Karen Horney’s Aggressive strategy are the Three, Seven and Eight. All three are generally bold and energetic and respond to problems, threats and obstacles by expanding and reinforcing egoic boundaries. In other words, they see the world as offering up that which they need and their personal philosophy tends to be that the best things come to those who actively go after them. Therefore, they will assert themselves and demand that their needs be met. These needs are defined by the Triad they fall into: Three is in the Heart Triad meaning that they will be ambitious and compete for recognition and value; Seven is in the Head Triad meaning there will be some confusion around what is truly a need and what is a want, but whatever the case, they will urgently pursue them so as to avoid the anxiety of not getting their needs met; and Eight is in the Belly Triad meaning they will invoke boundaries to protect themselves, their loved ones and their property as well as to enforce their autonomy and personal will. All three types feel their sense of self most keenly when they’re moving against others, and sometimes even the flow of life. For the Aggressive types, the affect is “life will not go the way I want it to unless I apply my will and make it happen.”

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
2w1s seem to be a lot more stoic more focus and less reactive than 2w3s.
2w3s seem more fun and have a lot of energy.
Both of them can come across as fake but for different.
2w1s might have a holier than thou personality and 2w3s are not going to be able to acknowledge their mistakes