• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Is it possible for tri-types to be mistaken for an entirely different tri-type?

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
When people go undergrowth for their ennegram, it's possible to take qualities for anothor tri-type. For instance, type 7s under growth start to look like type 5s. I wonder if it's possibe for tri-types to appear like an entirely different tri-type assuming all of their wings are undergrowth at the same time.

For example, 7w8,8w7,3w4 may look like 5,2,6.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I definitely looked like a 6 during my first year of college, but really it was just disintegration--it's clear to me now that I'm definitely a 9.

So yes, I think so. If someone is in a really unhealthy state, it may be harder to type them because they may look more like their disintegrated type.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah. I'm 749 but 748 is a lot more 'me'. I still have 9 over 8, though.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes sort of...your type does NOT change because it comes from childhood issues (no one is perfect, enneagram unlike MBTI or Kersey is about what's wrong with you, not your strengths) ...but people under stress or integrated start to look more like other types by casual observation. I have been told that my gut fix is more likely 1w2, than 8w9, but I fit 4-6-8 "truth teller" tritype, and I do become an eerily calm or dominant leader as my last resort, especially under extreme circumstances I actually comfort people who are falling apart, etc or take charge, I get this from my type 8 step grandmother who is ironically the person who made me so angry but demonstrated female strength as a positive angle...but because my heart fix is 4w3, I probably look like a very principled, self assured 1 when I'm calm and "rational" about my ethical views .

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm 728 but I guess I appear 729ish...I think 8 is an extremely skewed type though so when someone identifies with 8 even as a fix rather than a core type people expect you to act abrasively. I think it has more to do with motivations and relation to one's environment. I'm sure plenty of people are mistaken for different tritypes because of the prototypes people have created in their head for certain core types/tritypes

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think 4-5-9 is a common mistype for many self-typed INxPs, regardless of their actual tritype.

I self-typed as 4-5-(9) for a really long time whereas I'm actually (4)-7-1 (I believe.) I confused a strong 5 wing and my academic inclinations with a 5-fix and mistyped 7's brand of positive outlook for 9's. The main reason I started to question 459 was because, introverted as I am, I didn't think I was withdrawn enough to be triple withdrawn.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm 728 but I guess I appear 729ish...I think 8 is an extremely skewed type though so when someone identifies with 8 even as a fix rather than a core type people expect you to act abrasively. I think it has more to do with motivations and relation to one's environment. I'm sure plenty of people are mistaken for different tritypes because of the prototypes people have created in their head for certain core types/tritypes

It's because of the gut types, 8s are the most cognizant of being angry, while 9s deny it the most. ..I think that'd be why people expect 8 to be abrasive. I think I'm honestly more abrasive when I'm fearful and reactive as a 6, going into 8 mode actually feels different to me. I don't feel afraid, and it really is under circumstances that more explicitly require action rather than thought. Of course 8s can have angry rages, but if it's a core type and the person is reasonably balanced they just come across as a leader, often one who takes up a lot of physical space, but not necessarily meanly. 1s can actually be very "mean" in a petty way, like nit pick you to death.