• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] My enneagram type doesn't exist?

ugamuga

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have taken an enneagram test multiple times, on different websites, and every time I get back that I'm Enneagram type 7 and 4. How is this possible if it supposedly doesn't exist lol :shrug:? I have linked my test results so I can get some input. Thanks :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-08-17-16-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-01-08-17-16-52.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 28

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well going by the rules of Enneagram, your Primary type would be 7, and since the wing must be next to it numerically the most probable nominee would be 6. Then following 7w6 would be 4w3 second in your tritype going by the same logic. Then third 9w1.

Your full tritype would be 7w6 4w3 9w1, which stereotypically would be the ENFP, but there's no need to argue that.

Unless...

the test is actually showing your result as 7w4... in which case screw that test to Hell and go read about Enneagram yourself (which you should be doing regardless because that's what a good typology theorist does!) =)

ugamuga

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well going by the rules of Enneagram, your Primary type would be 7, and since the wing must be next to it numerically the most probable nominee would be 6. Then following 7w6 would be 4w3 second in your tritype going by the same logic. Then third 9w1.

Your full tritype would be 7w6 4w3 9w1, which stereotypically would be the ENFP, but there's no need to argue that.

Unless...

the test is actually showing your result as 7w4... in which case screw that test to Hell and go read about Enneagram yourself (which you should be doing regardless because that's what a good typology theorist does!) =)

Thanks for your response :) I had it totally wrong lol I think it's because I was new to enneagram. I found out I'm 5w4, which pretty much has almost nothing to do with what I previously thought I was haha. I think the tests can be inaccurate, it's tough to find a good one. First I got what I said here, then 9w8, 4w3, then 5w4. I think I finally got it! But yeah I've always wondered if I was actually an Enfp, but I'm really not that extroverted. I have a hard time talking with people at first and never know what to say. Plus when I took a cognitive functions test I got more Fi than Ne. It was close though