• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Meyers Briggs Tests and The Enneagram – A Strong Correlation

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Cos despite being INFP I do not nave a pronounced Fi. My dominant functions are actually Ne and Fe.

I think if you can't relate to being an Fi ego then it's more likely that you're not an Fi type. :thinking:

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel like I'm impossible! I'm literally the stereotypical INFP but I CANNOT relate to type 4 at all! Every time I do the enneagram test the results are always either 9w1, 2w1, 6w7, or 7w6. 4w5 is nothing like me!

I guess enneagram sort of correlates with cognitive functions more than MBTI? Cos despite being INFP I do not nave a pronounced Fi. My dominant functions are actually Ne and Fe.

I also have an INTJ friend whose enneagram is actually 1w2. According to the chart up there there are no type two INTJs?

If it helps, I was very confused about my enneagram until I realized I was a 5w4 since it has probably one of the most confusing descriptions of all the enneagram descriptions I've seen: the illogical thinker who takes the institutions head on by finding their own path of thought. Rather than being an extension of a 5, it's almost a corruption of a 5. It probably has something to do with my Ne being stronger than my Fi, since Ne would correlate to the synthesis you see in 5w4 rather than analysis you see described in a general 5. But to say that your Fe is stronger than your Fi is a bit odd. Someone else suggested taking a look at whether you're an INFP or not. I'm not saying this suggests you aren't an INFP, but Fe vs Fi complicating an enneagram does put the issue on the radar.

Kendrix

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lol the correlation between INTPs and 5 is like the single highest percentage lol.

Also good to know that my brother isn't the only INFP 9. It seems that the ones who hit the jackpots are, as usual, my second-youngest sister (INTJ 8)... surprisingly, our mom? (ENFP 9, but her head fix is probably still 7)

Very few extroverts are 8, I guess that's part of why I had her pegged as an ENTJ until she actually took the test. Or maybe it's just that nearly everyone looks extroverted compared to me.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
As an SFP 6, I think it definitely explains the counter phobic pull I felt, like I actually remember feeling the division of earnestly wishing I could just blindly obey...and just not being able to, and feeling it was a sadness or a tragedy than a liberation in many ways. I wonder how common this is among SP 6s...like wow I'm sorry I'm not an SJ, I'm really missing out on a consistency and peace of mind I could have had. I wonder if N 6s feel differently. ..like if they feel like they missed out on anything at all. The only thing I can compare it to is a gay person wishing they could have been straight. ..welp, here I am, I wanted to fit in, but my brain just doesn't, so fuck you.

I'm pretty sure I'm an SP too because I was always so book smart, I remember things almost in perfect factual reproduction, which is why I tested well and made decent grades. Kersey pointed out that ESFP and ISFP can excel at history because of this ability to memorize or relate current human experience to the physical past. It's not so much being good at pure abstraction, but that I'm intelligent enough as an adult to connect big concepts to present experience, I think that's probably IQ or education more than personality type...if anything I experience frustration with people trying to apply unrealistic theory to facts. Or else I'm an ISFP and is definitely tertiary Ni.

I do know on vegetarian forums I experience frustration with overly emotional types who make it only about the animals. ..I'm like 30 percent of the world's land, hello, rain forest destruction, global warming, health concerns...I tend to want to sell people it at an angle that makes sense to them, because there are so many angles, like more pragmatic and effecient...Se, ???

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Appreciate your efforts in supplying the forum with tasty offerings such as this [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION]. Useful!

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As an SFP 6, I think it definitely explains the counter phobic pull I felt, like I actually remember feeling the division of earnestly wishing I could just blindly obey...and just not being able to, and feeling it was a sadness or a tragedy than a liberation in many ways. I wonder how common this is among SP 6s...like wow I'm sorry I'm not an SJ, I'm really missing out on a consistency and peace of mind I could have had. I wonder if N 6s feel differently. ..like if they feel like they missed out on anything at all. The only thing I can compare it to is a gay person wishing they could have been straight. ..welp, here I am, I wanted to fit in, but my brain just doesn't, so fuck you.

I laughed. This is very CP and very 6.

6's are somewhat J'ish in characteristics and it comes out in testing a lot if you equate conscientious, reliability, foresight with an MBTI function. Which is incorrect. Surface, yes but motivations are different. Those buzz words work more for Enneagram typing that MBTI, IMO. Because when you break down MBTI types, that would mean that P's are never organized, a mess, etc. but that isn't P verses J. P and J are more about how you prefer to make decisions.

I don't think I am explaining this well. *shrugs*

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Don't you hate on my boo Mitt! Don't you dare!

On another note this is pretty spot on for me. My Se is pretty strong and my enneagram is definitely 378, all of which correlate.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I laughed. This is very CP and very 6.

6's are somewhat J'ish in characteristics and it comes out in testing a lot if you equate conscientious, reliability, foresight with an MBTI function. Which is incorrect. Surface, yes but motivations are different. Those buzz words work more for Enneagram typing that MBTI, IMO. Because when you break down MBTI types, that would mean that P's are never organized, a mess, etc. but that isn't P verses J. P and J are more about how you prefer to make decisions.

I don't think I am explaining this well. *shrugs*

You're doing fine! :)

MBTI is how you think, Enneagram is how you react. You can be totally a P, having a general approach of keeping decision options open, but have an Enneagram type that makes you react very decisively in certain cases. In Marm's case, being a counterphobic 6 makes her react more "judgmentally" than you'd usually expect. In my case, being an INTJ 9, I have a much more relaxed attitude than the typical INTJ. I'm still really "judgy", but as a 9 I tend to avoid any conflicts that I deem unproductive (which is MOST of them).

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're doing fine! :)

MBTI is how you think, Enneagram is how you react.

I really love this statement. Really boils them both down to their essences.

Finding Enneagram made MBTI make more sense. I should say, it gave it more dimension and I have more confidence in them working together to form a better whole.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I really love this statement. Really boils them both down to their essences.

Finding Enneagram made MBTI make more sense. I should say, it gave it more dimension and I have more confidence in them working together to form a better whole.

Yeah, I think they're "orthogonal" personality typologies. The Big Five (Five Factor Model, etc.) maps to both, sort of. Four of the factors more or less correlate with MBTI. The fifth, Neuroticism, is a simplified dichotomy version of Enneagram, where a neurotic type correlates with disintegration in Enneagram, and a calm type correlates with integration in Enneagram. Enneagram is kind of the "Technicolor (TM)" version of Neuroticism, highlighting many different flavors of being neurotic.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like it. I'm a fan of empirical stuff. "The data says a thing."

Agreed. The data is often more telling then just jumping to precocious conclusions (though you do have to interpret the data intelligently, too)
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION], this is very interesting.

I'm still not sure of being 4w5 or 5w4, though INTJ is more common amongst fives, I don't think I can rule out four at this point, since 6 percent of INTJ on here are fours, and thats not nothing.

Duffy

I'm still not sure of being 4w5 or 5w4, though INTJ is more common amongst fives, I don't think I can rule out four at this point, since 6 percent of INTJ on here are fours, and thats not nothing.

Statistics can be such boolshit.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Statistics can be such boolshit.

Really, thats a bold statement. Statistics are only bullshit when you don't know how to interpret or use them correctly. Sure they don't tell the whole story, but nothing ever does.

However, the part of my post you quoted doesn't deal with statistics, it deals with probablity, based on statistics.

Duffy

Statistics are only bullshit when you don't know how to interpret or use them correctly. Sure they don't tell the whole story, but nothing ever does.

Yes, which is why I phrased it the way I did.

However, the part of my post you quoted doesn't deal with statistics, it deals with probablity, based on statistics.

Ah, my bad. Let me rephrase. Probablity (?), based on statistics, is boolshit.

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seriously, who are these 5% ENFP who are 3! I thought it was my unevolved ESTJ shadow (call her Mr. Hyde though she is a female like myself) that was screwing up my results....