User Tag List

First 210111213 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENFp None

I think the correlations show a big problem with Enneagram that the typing gets corrupted by MBTI type and particular characteristics of given MBTI type or group of types override the results of core motivations.

For example type 1 description is corrupted by being based on SJ types.

4 is just a bag where FP types get thrown in because they of feelings.

I used to think I'm a 4 for like a decade before I discovered core motivations of types.
    DESPAIR
    Likes Boogie man liked this post

Lovin' the numbers. They evidence significant correlation between Enneagram and MBTI types.

MBTI
    ZNTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILE

So if I am actually typed correctly this time now with combo INTP and 7, I am in the 1%. I wasn't expecting it to be that low. Almost as low as INTP 2s which looks like pretty much don't exist.

Inactive For A Bit RadicalDoubt's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    ESI Se

Quote Originally Posted by lunalum View Post
    So if I am actually typed correctly this time now with combo INTP and 7, I am in the 1%. I wasn't expecting it to be that low. Almost as low as INTP 2s which looks like pretty much don't exist.
    It is pretty low, but quite honestly in terms of actually test results, the traditional INTP "archetype" has a heavy skew to 5 purely due to the overlap between Ti and 5 descriptions. I'd imagine if test results were more accurately distributed, INTP 7 would probably be a little bit more common (as the Ti dom types by theory alone seem to lean towards the head types; I'd imagine it's probably still pretty low, but maybe 5x that of type 2 in reality at least).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    478 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Nice data! I am shocked that there are not more XNFJ 1s. But, the data doesn't lie.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    478 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Rodent View Post
    I think the correlations show a big problem with Enneagram that the typing gets corrupted by MBTI type and particular characteristics of given MBTI type or group of types override the results of core motivations. For example type 1 description is corrupted by being based on SJ types. 4 is just a bag where FP types get thrown in because they of feelings. I used to think I'm a 4 for like a decade before I discovered core motivations of types.
    I can see how Type 1 descriptions seem like they describe XSXJ types, particularly XSTJs. Same with type 4s and XXFP types. There are many stereotypes on the different enneagram types.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfalcon8 View Post
    Nice data! I am shocked that there are not more XNFJ 1s. But, the data doesn't lie.
    Except that this assumes people have given correct data on their types. That's assuming a lot.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    478 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

The facts are the facts. Yes, the data sources on MBTI and Enneagram correlations vary. There is a lack of standardization with the data, so there will be a few differences.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    478 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bundleofsunshine View Post
    Data is mostly useless because so many people mistype. ESFJs are mostly 6w7s not 2s, ESTJs are mostly 6w7s not 8s, ISTJs are mostly 6w5s not 1s, ISFPs are mostly 9s not 4s and INFJs are probably mostly 1s not 4s. - - - Updated - - - ESFJ but most ESFJs are 6w7s like I said above.
    Where is your evidence?

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfalcon8 View Post
    The facts are the facts. Yes, the data sources on MBTI and Enneagram correlations vary. There is a lack of standardization with the data, so there will be a few differences.
    I'm not sure whether you understood what I meant or not, so to clarify, I mean that many people mistype themselves at one point or another. So just taking whatever type someone has listed as the actual type they may not be accurate.