• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Meyers Briggs Tests and The Enneagram – A Strong Correlation

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I'm not sure whether you understood what I meant or not, so to clarify, I mean that many people mistype themselves at one point or another. So just taking whatever type someone has listed as the actual type they may not be accurate.

I partially got your mistype point, but...

The few scientific part of MBTI and typology - the part that does make it further from typology and closer from at least "soft" science - are the evidence given by self-report tests. Science is done by empiricism (most types engaged on science are INTP, INTJ and ENTP, not Te doms or lots of sensors), regardless of typology, and today there is no real escape from that (although formulating hypothesis will require lots of theory).

So, it is what we got, and it isnt really bad. Could be better, but I dont think its bad. The results from here are not much different from eilamona and there is even a third and fourth one from independent sources I had looked in the past that in general are the same.

PS: I just mean an explanation, I know that you are far from being a chrloroquiner in this department.

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Makes sense. It's probably just my Te talking.