• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Am I a 1w2, or a 6w5

á´…eparted

passages
So first, hi. I've been away for a few weeks.

During my little break, I took the official paid enneagram test out of boredom. These are the results:

7KMCyzt.png

Oddly, it lead to me reading descrptions for 1, 3, and 6. From it... it seems like 6 fits better than 1, which bothers the CRAP out of me. Instead of rewriting my thoughts (cause I honestly can't gather them right now). I'll simply post what I wrote at the time and stored until I got back:

So I decided to take the official enneagram test (the paid one, $12) largely out of objective boredom late at night. As anyone would expect, it came out as type 1. The second highest was 8, followed by 6. From here I read about all three of those types as it recommended, and something interesting happened.

...I realized I might be a 6. Why? Because reading the description a lot of it seemed dead on for me, I'll make some quotes from various sections that are absolutely core tennants for who I am:

Before that though, all the below are quotes taken from this page: https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/personality-type-six-the-loyalist/The page on 1's can be found here, though I don't reference anything from it until the end: https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/personality-type-one-the-reformer/
I do not reference it, but here is the 1 vs. 6 page: https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/misidentifying-1-and-6/

"They often get others to like them by joking around and bantering, and through other forms of physical and social bonding. They want to find things about people that are familiar and that they can relate to—looking for common interests and experiences that would be the basis of trust. They tend to get nervous in situations in which they do not know where others stand—where there are too many unknowns, too many unfamiliar elements." -I get REALLY bothered by people where I don't know where they stand. People who purposefully hid their opinions/feelings and positions on issues? I can not get close with them. It renders me unable to read them, and I don't know how to approach or deal with them. I value openness too much.

"Sixes seem like highly organized and responsible people and can often resemble Ones. But the hidden problem is that Sixes are trying to calm their inner anxieties by trying to make their external world trouble-free and predictable." we have a winner. Nearly the entire point of me doing the things I do, is to indeed make the external world predictable, consistent, and problem free. It honestly strikes me as the simply rational thing to do, and it allows me to navigate the world. There isn't really a grand purpose. I mean, it's the right thing to do sure, but I don't get some sort of deep satifaction out of doing "the right thing" in this regard. That's simply what would be expected of me.

"Sixes can be confusing to others (and themselves) in relationships because they seem so changeable and unpredictable." I've been called confusing like this before, because my mood seems to turn on a dime. My mother used to say "there is a Hard-1 and a Hard-2, and it seems like every day it's a wild guess who will be there". Growing up, many teachers said this about me as well.

"In short, Sixes are seeking what psychologists call “optimal distance.” They want to keep their loved ones close enough so that they will not feel abandoned but not so close that they feel engulfed by the other person." - This has been a consistent theme with all of my close friendships. The thing is though, this is just confusing to me. I don't understand why I am this way. It just kinda is.

"Thus, Sixes are habitually on the lookout for potential disasters with the result that their minds are constantly agitated. Ultimately, this can leave them less prepared to deal with real problems because they are making themselves fearful imagining what could go wrong." - Basically yeah. My drive to stop all kinds of stuff is born of a "oh god this could go wrong I must put in all effort to make sure the outcome is good. MUST FIX. MUST BE DONE RIGHT.

"Sixes seldom trust their own minds, their own capacity to know, when they are in the grip of doubt." - Yes. I stop trusting my ability to figure things out when I feel things are no longer in my control or my ability to direct something. Thus, in the desparate desire to know and control, I appeal to something external to myself (often in a collective sense) because that is MUCH less likely to screw up.

"They do not want to be disturbed or bothered by loved ones—they feel that they have been working hard and they experience virtually any kind of interaction as another source of pressure. They will be pleasant one moment, but can suddenly become stubbornly resistant and shut down in the next if they feel that others are demanding something of them. At such times, Sixes become unavailable and passive-aggressive, not wanting to respond to others or to move out of comforting but numbing routines." - Yes, I do this flip-snap things easily. It's very "restrained", but nevertheless there. Auto-piloting helps me a ton.

"They seek consensus before moving ahead with their agendas and they want to feel that others are “with them,” backing them up." - I don't need to explain this. Like, yeah you all know.

"When more insecure, their suspiciousness may lead them to form in-groups and out-groups in the workplace or in other social or societal areas." YUP.

So yeah there you have it.The thing is, if I get right down to it, I do NOT want to be a 6. Period. Just as I do not want to be a 4. Just... no, ew, to both of them. I wonder if I have been blinded to 6 for so long because I just did not want to see myself as one.

The difficulity of all of this, is that when I read through 6, I was like "you know, I really don't think I have issues with trust, security, and all that stuff. The bulk buzzwords and condendsed descriptions just don't quite fit. Maybe I am not being honest though? Perhaps I am just not framed correctly on what security and trust is. Trust is something that is so implicit to me. I can figure out very quickly if I can trust someone or not. That's always been trivial. I also don't obsess over security, at least I don't think. That said, I tend to get needlessly paranoid over what people think of me and if they like me or not. Particularly if I can not tell/read what they are thinking with strong certainty or some sort of objective verification. I get bent out of shape if I can't. Ultimately, 6 sounds much more Fe/Ti, and sounds a lot like inferior Ti.

When I read about 1's, all of the details. It all seemed so Te/Fi, which I just couldn't relate to. Seeing the world and people as morally corrupt? Eh, I can't do anything about that. It's too large of an issue. The bulk statements and coverage of 1's fit me, but the details' less so. A lot of the 1 drives seem to elude to this sort of deep seeded gut emotion or feeling to "do right". I honestly don't have that. My drive to "do right" is basically an axiom. It's a core statement that I have taken, require of myself, because reasons. There isn't anything deep beyond it other than it's "right" and I will simply obey it. It's kinda robotic really. Granted, I do get upset and bent out of shape when things go wrong.

But when I read the 1 page (I don't wanna quote it all), when I look at the breif statement: "In brief, Ones want to be right, to strive higher and improve everything, to be consistent with their ideals, to justify themselves, and to be beyond criticism so as not to be condemned by anyone. Ones do not want to be proven wrong, to make mistakes, to allow sloppiness, to be with people they perceive as lazy or not serious, to be in chaos or in situations that seem out of control, or to be embarrassed by emotional display." That is me DEAD ON. The overview descriptions of 1's are right. The trouble is... my reasons of why that is dead on doesn't seem to come from the deep seated motivations of 1's.

In essence, I'm stuck between 6 and 1, because in different ways they both equally fit, I think. I'm arguing more for 6 here because everyone here already knows about how I see myself as a 1, so spending a lot of time on that is rather wasteful. It seems that I have much more neurotic behaviors of a 6, than I do as a 1, and enneagram appears to be more behavior based.

I ask for your feedback. I would like to settle this. Thanks!

And in some more irony... the reason I don't want to be a 6 is because to me, that feels like I am just a more broken, less desirable, less interesting, and just "worse".

But the bold DEAD on, if not moreso: "In brief, Sixes want to have security, to feel supported by others, to have certitude and reassurance, to test the attitudes of others toward them, to fight against anxiety and insecurity, and to have everything be predictable as a way of defending the self from threats from the environment. Sixes do not want to feel abandoned, to have uncertainty, to have contradictory expectations placed on them, to feel pressured, to have to accept new ideas rapidly, to work with people who they feel are not carrying their weight, or to have their security systems and beliefs questioned, especially by anyone they see as an outsider."

-----------------------------------

Any thoughts would be appreciated. [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] per me mentioning I would make a thread on this.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
6w5 would make sense for you.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So first, hi. I've been away for a few weeks.

During my little break, I took the official paid enneagram test out of boredom. These are the results:

7KMCyzt.png

Oddly, it lead to me reading descrptions for 1, 3, and 6. From it... it seems like 6 fits better than 1, which bothers the CRAP out of me. Instead of rewriting my thoughts (cause I honestly can't gather them right now). I'll simply post what I wrote at the time and stored until I got back:

So I decided to take the official enneagram test (the paid one, $12) largely out of objective boredom late at night. As anyone would expect, it came out as type 1. The second highest was 8, followed by 6. From here I read about all three of those types as it recommended, and something interesting happened.

...I realized I might be a 6. Why? Because reading the description a lot of it seemed dead on for me, I'll make some quotes from various sections that are absolutely core tennants for who I am:

Before that though, all the below are quotes taken from this page: https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/personality-type-six-the-loyalist/The page on 1's can be found here, though I don't reference anything from it until the end: https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/personality-type-one-the-reformer/
I do not reference it, but here is the 1 vs. 6 page: https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/misidentifying-1-and-6/

"They often get others to like them by joking around and bantering, and through other forms of physical and social bonding. They want to find things about people that are familiar and that they can relate to—looking for common interests and experiences that would be the basis of trust. They tend to get nervous in situations in which they do not know where others stand—where there are too many unknowns, too many unfamiliar elements." -I get REALLY bothered by people where I don't know where they stand. People who purposefully hid their opinions/feelings and positions on issues? I can not get close with them. It renders me unable to read them, and I don't know how to approach or deal with them. I value openness too much.

"Sixes seem like highly organized and responsible people and can often resemble Ones. But the hidden problem is that Sixes are trying to calm their inner anxieties by trying to make their external world trouble-free and predictable." we have a winner. Nearly the entire point of me doing the things I do, is to indeed make the external world predictable, consistent, and problem free. It honestly strikes me as the simply rational thing to do, and it allows me to navigate the world. There isn't really a grand purpose. I mean, it's the right thing to do sure, but I don't get some sort of deep satifaction out of doing "the right thing" in this regard. That's simply what would be expected of me.

"Sixes can be confusing to others (and themselves) in relationships because they seem so changeable and unpredictable." I've been called confusing like this before, because my mood seems to turn on a dime. My mother used to say "there is a Hard-1 and a Hard-2, and it seems like every day it's a wild guess who will be there". Growing up, many teachers said this about me as well.

"In short, Sixes are seeking what psychologists call “optimal distance.” They want to keep their loved ones close enough so that they will not feel abandoned but not so close that they feel engulfed by the other person." - This has been a consistent theme with all of my close friendships. The thing is though, this is just confusing to me. I don't understand why I am this way. It just kinda is.

"Thus, Sixes are habitually on the lookout for potential disasters with the result that their minds are constantly agitated. Ultimately, this can leave them less prepared to deal with real problems because they are making themselves fearful imagining what could go wrong." - Basically yeah. My drive to stop all kinds of stuff is born of a "oh god this could go wrong I must put in all effort to make sure the outcome is good. MUST FIX. MUST BE DONE RIGHT.

"Sixes seldom trust their own minds, their own capacity to know, when they are in the grip of doubt." - Yes. I stop trusting my ability to figure things out when I feel things are no longer in my control or my ability to direct something. Thus, in the desparate desire to know and control, I appeal to something external to myself (often in a collective sense) because that is MUCH less likely to screw up.

"They do not want to be disturbed or bothered by loved ones—they feel that they have been working hard and they experience virtually any kind of interaction as another source of pressure. They will be pleasant one moment, but can suddenly become stubbornly resistant and shut down in the next if they feel that others are demanding something of them. At such times, Sixes become unavailable and passive-aggressive, not wanting to respond to others or to move out of comforting but numbing routines." - Yes, I do this flip-snap things easily. It's very "restrained", but nevertheless there. Auto-piloting helps me a ton.

"They seek consensus before moving ahead with their agendas and they want to feel that others are “with them,” backing them up." - I don't need to explain this. Like, yeah you all know.

"When more insecure, their suspiciousness may lead them to form in-groups and out-groups in the workplace or in other social or societal areas." YUP.

So yeah there you have it.The thing is, if I get right down to it, I do NOT want to be a 6. Period. Just as I do not want to be a 4. Just... no, ew, to both of them. I wonder if I have been blinded to 6 for so long because I just did not want to see myself as one.

The difficulity of all of this, is that when I read through 6, I was like "you know, I really don't think I have issues with trust, security, and all that stuff. The bulk buzzwords and condendsed descriptions just don't quite fit. Maybe I am not being honest though? Perhaps I am just not framed correctly on what security and trust is. Trust is something that is so implicit to me. I can figure out very quickly if I can trust someone or not. That's always been trivial. I also don't obsess over security, at least I don't think. That said, I tend to get needlessly paranoid over what people think of me and if they like me or not. Particularly if I can not tell/read what they are thinking with strong certainty or some sort of objective verification. I get bent out of shape if I can't. Ultimately, 6 sounds much more Fe/Ti, and sounds a lot like inferior Ti.

When I read about 1's, all of the details. It all seemed so Te/Fi, which I just couldn't relate to. Seeing the world and people as morally corrupt? Eh, I can't do anything about that. It's too large of an issue. The bulk statements and coverage of 1's fit me, but the details' less so. A lot of the 1 drives seem to elude to this sort of deep seeded gut emotion or feeling to "do right". I honestly don't have that. My drive to "do right" is basically an axiom. It's a core statement that I have taken, require of myself, because reasons. There isn't anything deep beyond it other than it's "right" and I will simply obey it. It's kinda robotic really. Granted, I do get upset and bent out of shape when things go wrong.

But when I read the 1 page (I don't wanna quote it all), when I look at the breif statement: "In brief, Ones want to be right, to strive higher and improve everything, to be consistent with their ideals, to justify themselves, and to be beyond criticism so as not to be condemned by anyone. Ones do not want to be proven wrong, to make mistakes, to allow sloppiness, to be with people they perceive as lazy or not serious, to be in chaos or in situations that seem out of control, or to be embarrassed by emotional display." That is me DEAD ON. The overview descriptions of 1's are right. The trouble is... my reasons of why that is dead on doesn't seem to come from the deep seated motivations of 1's.

In essence, I'm stuck between 6 and 1, because in different ways they both equally fit, I think. I'm arguing more for 6 here because everyone here already knows about how I see myself as a 1, so spending a lot of time on that is rather wasteful. It seems that I have much more neurotic behaviors of a 6, than I do as a 1, and enneagram appears to be more behavior based.

I ask for your feedback. I would like to settle this. Thanks!

And in some more irony... the reason I don't want to be a 6 is because to me, that feels like I am just a more broken, less desirable, less interesting, and just "worse".

But the bold DEAD on, if not moreso: "In brief, Sixes want to have security, to feel supported by others, to have certitude and reassurance, to test the attitudes of others toward them, to fight against anxiety and insecurity, and to have everything be predictable as a way of defending the self from threats from the environment. Sixes do not want to feel abandoned, to have uncertainty, to have contradictory expectations placed on them, to feel pressured, to have to accept new ideas rapidly, to work with people who they feel are not carrying their weight, or to have their security systems and beliefs questioned, especially by anyone they see as an outsider."

-----------------------------------

Any thoughts would be appreciated. [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] per me mentioning I would make a thread on this.

I think you just had your 6 "awakening". No one likes the description but if you got a punch to the gut feeling when reading that, then you are a 6. Welcome. Lol.

Honestly, knowing I was a 6 helped me chill out immensly. I understood where/why I reacted to things the way I did. Why I was not "consistent" (big aha!).

I really have seen that 9 integration because I know where things come from and it actually is freeing once you get used to realizing you feed from a fear base (having never remembered an actual feeling of fear before - was enlightening to say the least). But it makes sense.

My mom is a 1 (ISTJ) and we are similar but she is so much more committed to her ideals. Where I am and always strive to be balanced (skeptical) in my views, even if I favor them.

We don't drink the kool-aid, so to speak.

But when we do - we are lost we commit far stronger than a one will and that is why we don't. We are deeply afraid of how deeply we can believe or commit to something. It is why loyalty holds such sway with 6's. Loyalty we can give. Commitment is harder. 1's are the opposite.

á´…eparted

passages
I'm still not convinced I am a 6. I still heavily identify with the tennants of 1. It's more that the behaviors here are what I am identifying with. Hence, I am posting which behaviors I saw in myself, and am cross checking with how others see me. I didn't make it clear in the post, but the whole issues of "security and trust" really never cross my mind. I'm also not "fear" based, at least I don't think?

I also identify with the integrationf of 1 -> 7, much more than 6 -> 9. Integrating to 9 isn't even slightly appealing and goes against how I operate and who I am. That's not how I "chill", if that makes sense.

EDIT: Another issue is I have Asperger's syndrome. It's well contained/controlled, but that definitely colors this, and in order to determine type you sort of need to "clear" mental ailments to get an accurate picture. Much in the way that depression can make people see themselves as 4's wrongly. The more I think about it, the more I see that a lot of the 6 stuff I seem to identify with strongly links with that. Meaning; social navigation requires me to analyze precedent heavily.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm. Ok. Have you looked at 6w7? I say that because the parts of 6 that you say are dead on are what makes a 6 a 6.

EDIT: Just saw your edit. Hmm. I don't know, dude. Good luck finding what you need. If you have any more questions about 6's, feel free to ask.

á´…eparted

passages
Hmm. Ok. Have you looked at 6w7? I say that because the parts of 6 that you say are dead on are what makes a 6 a 6.

EDIT: Just saw your edit. Hmm. I don't know, dude. Good luck finding what you need. If you have any more questions about 6's, feel free to ask.

I feel like I am too controlled and analytical to be 6w7, but I won't discount it. Let me frame it two ways.

The ways in which I identify as a 1, come from a 6ish prospective. Meaning, I want to do right by ways of having strong backing, precedent, and support behind it.

The ways in which I identify as a 6, come from a 1ish prospective. Meaning, I want to feel secure and safe by seeking perfection, and removing all forms of error and wrongs.

They conflict, so it's a matter of which wins out. I am disinclined to take external behaviors as a main tool for pinning type down, which is what I am drawing from here. I also didn't propose the ways in which I identify with 1 since people here generally know me quite well and that would be like preaching to the choir.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can see both for you, no doubt. And I wouldn't doubt that you have both in your tritype. Perhaps you can go about it that way? :thinking:
You know, figure out which enneagram type you use as a default to solve solutions and which one would be the next choice? For that matter...what do you identify more with as a core emotion - anger or anxiety?

I personally did the same, because people kept telling me I was a 9 instead of a 4. And, contrary to you, I very much looked up to 9's, so I *wanted* to be one. I finally figured out however that I use 9 to navigate big groups, when more mellow approaches and practical navigation is warranted - in essence, when 4 fails (as it is more focused in an introverted way and often too intense for navigating big groups, iow, when 4 strategies of dealing with life fail). 4, however regrettable at times, is still my default of navigating the world, though. And the shame is definitely my main trigger, unfortunately.

One thing that stood out to me though:

:laugh: As a 4, I can tell you - this is a 4 stress point if I ever saw one :devil:

It would explain why you wouldn't ever want to be a 4 :D

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm still going with 1, for now, for a few reasons:

1) Fe vs. Te (as you mentioned)
2) Many of the things you relate to about the 6 description are spot on for me as well, and I don't even have a 6 trifix
3) Having met you in person, and being your close friend, I think I can safely say that you integrate to 7 and disintegrate to 4
4) It's a consistent trend, that you deny the e1 things about yourself because they don't mesh with how you want to come across. It's to the point that when you tell me you don't relate to an e1 thing, I think to myself "Oh, he will later".

I should also mention per [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] 's above quote that even as a strong 1, I probably see anxiety as more of a core emotion than anger. Anger, in my experience, is VERY frequently a more palatable cover for another emotion. There's a hint of this in the 1 description that Hard quoted: e1 wants to be perfect to become immune to criticism. Not that this is the entire point of 1 perfectionism. But it's a HUGE part of it, and completely unrelated to anger.

Also per Amargith's post: I mistyped as a 6 for a while, and my initial reaction to being typed as one was an e4 disintegration spiral. Speaking as someone who is obsessed with being "strong" and "courageous" to the point of testing as an e8 every single time, I was NOT happy with the idea that my core emotion was anxiety. (Yes I know this seems to contradict my above paragraph, but I still think e1 should include anger as its core. But with the understanding that anger usually has something underneath it.)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I think you just scared yourself because you finally fully realized that you have a tritype. (the tritype with 6 fix)

This is exactly why I like tritype, since it gives individuals more layers and it can define them on much deeper level than just core type. In other words it is possible to define that you have quite the number of e6 traits even if you are not really a 6.

Relating to your fixes is something completely normal, that is exactly why they are your fixes.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think you just scared yourself because you finally fully realized that you have a tritype. (a tritype with 6 fix)

This is exactly why I like tritype, since it gives individuals more layers and it can define them on much deeper level than just core type. In other words it is possible to define that you have quite a number of e6 traits even if you are not really a 6.

Relating to your fixes is something completely normal, that is exactly why they are your fixes.
^ This!!

á´…eparted

passages
I'm still going with 1, for now, for a few reasons:

1) Fe vs. Te (as you mentioned)
2) Many of the things you relate to about the 6 description are spot on for me as well, and I don't even have a 6 trifix
3) Having met you in person, and being your close friend, I think I can safely say that you integrate to 7 and disintegrate to 4
4) It's a consistent trend, that you deny the e1 things about yourself because they don't mesh with how you want to come across. It's to the point that when you tell me you don't relate to an e1 thing, I think to myself "Oh, he will later".

I should also mention per [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] 's above quote that even as a strong 1, I probably see anxiety as more of a core emotion than anger. Anger, in my experience, is VERY frequently a more palatable cover for another emotion. There's a hint of this in the 1 description that Hard quoted: e1 wants to be perfect to become immune to criticism. Not that this is the entire point of 1 perfectionism. But it's a HUGE part of it, and completely unrelated to anger.

Also per Amargith's post: I mistyped as a 6 for a while, and my initial reaction to being typed as one was an e4 disintegration spiral. Speaking as someone who is obsessed with being "strong" and "courageous" to the point of testing as an e8 every single time, I was NOT happy with the idea that my core emotion was anxiety. (Yes I know this seems to contradict my above paragraph, but I still think e1 should include anger as its core. But with the understanding that anger usually has something underneath it.)

I'm actually somewhat surprised to hear you relate to a bunch of the 6 stuff that I did, as I have always assumed you didn't relate to 6 at all. Needless to say it's reassuring to hear you say that. I also value your opinion a ton because you have met me in person. In regards to the integration and disintegrate part, that is important too. While I sort of relate to a disintegrate to 3 notion (the whole work your ass off when faced with adversity) but it's mostly a learned skill. Most of the time I just fall apart. I HATE that that happens, and I have gone to great lengths to put a stop to that, but ultimately that's what I do.

Anxiety is more of an emotion for me than anger, even though I have come to realize that I am basically perma-angry. Still, you're absolutely spot on that it's a cover for other stuff.

And this...

e1 wants to be perfect to become immune to criticism.

Ah, yup. Bingo. 100%. The thing is I was reading the 6 description and it seemed like (as written) that was their goal, which confused me. I would go insofar as to say I am obsessed with being strong, but it's damn important that I not be weak, which is a portion of being ineffective, which is something I can't tolerate. If I feel ineffective it absolutely crushes me.

On further reflection, the stuff that happened before I left the forums for a few weeks was... kinda a textbook 1 -> 4 thing, wasn't it? :doh:

I guess cause I am somewhat of a mess right now due to other things, it's just hard for me to sift through it all and I am hyper-sensitive to potential flaws.

I think you just scared yourself because you finally fully realized that you have a tritype. (the tritype with 6 fix)

This is exactly why I like tritype, since it gives individuals more layers and it can define them on much deeper level than just core type. In other words it is possible to define that you have quite the number of e6 traits even if you are not really a 6.

This would make sense. Perhaps I have a stronger link to 6 fixation than I give it credit for cause, well, I don't exactly like it. What's interesting is a lot of 3 fixation stuff I felt I did not like within me, appear to be 6 material.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I bolded the parts I relate to:

The first, I can't explain. The second I think is universal for anyone who isn't sx-first. The third is my 2 wing.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm actually somewhat surprised to hear you relate to a bunch of the 6 stuff that I did, as I have always assumed you didn't relate to 6 at all. Needless to say it's reassuring to hear you say that. I also value your opinion a ton because you have met me in person. In regards to the integration and disintegrate part, that is important too. While I sort of relate to a disintegrate to 3 notion (the whole work your ass off when faced with adversity) but it's mostly a learned skill. Most of the time I just fall apart. I HATE that that happens, and I have gone to great lengths to put a stop to that, but ultimately that's what I do.
Ha -- I do the same thing. Doesn't help that I also go into INFP shadow mode. So there's lots of self-pitying angst there.

Anxiety is more of an emotion for me than anger, even though I have come to realize that I am basically perma-angry. Still, you're absolutely spot on that it's a cover for other stuff.
That, in the end, is why I'm okay with e1 being an anger type. (Why can't I remember the actual name for that, besides gut center type? Ugh.) Most of the time I feel fairly stoic and calm and focused, but the anger is omnipresent, whether it's in view or not. I can tap into it easily, whenever I want to.
And this...

Ah, yup. Bingo. 100%. The thing is I was reading the 6 description and it seemed like (as written) that was their goal, which confused me. I would go insofar as to say I am obsessed with being strong, but it's damn important that I not be weak, which is a portion of being ineffective, which is something I can't tolerate. If I feel ineffective it absolutely crushes me.
Yep. Same.

On further reflection, the stuff that happened before I left the forums for a few weeks was... kinda a textbook 1 -> 4 thing, wasn't it? :doh:
:laugh: Yes it was.

I guess cause I am somewhat of a mess right now due to other things, it's just hard for me to sift through it all and I am hyper-sensitive to potential flaws.
I really know how that feels. Though in fairness, sometimes the best time to think through this stuff is when you're in the midst of it.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This would make sense. Perhaps I have a stronger link to 6 fixation than I give it credit for cause, well, I don't exactly like it. What's interesting is a lot of 3 fixation stuff I felt I did not like within me, appear to be 6 material.

3 and 6 are often very similar people, the only real difference is how they rationalize their behavior.

In my opinion the whole anti 6 thing is little bit overblown since only nagative traits of the type are publicly presented. Healthy 6 element in a person is pretty good at noticing BS, keeping things undercontrol, is good at setting priorities and preserving resources. I know people that do not relate to e6 at all and therefore they hit every bump that is on their life road.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most of the time I just fall apart. I HATE that that happens, and I have gone to great lengths to put a stop to that, but ultimately that's what I do.

:hi: Hellooooo typical 4 break down due to fantasy life not matching reality and crumbling under the need to be awesome and perfect!

How are you today? And how is Mrs. Inner Judge? :happy2:

Mwahahahahah....:phantom:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:hi: Hellooooo typical 4 break down due to fantasy life not matching reality and crumbling under the need to be awesome and perfect!

THE INNER JUDGE IS AS DARK AS THE DEPTHS OF THEIR SOUUUULLLLLL.

(as is typical, especially on a Monday)

á´…eparted

passages

IT'S DARK AND COLD IN HERE. SHUT THE DAMN DOOR THE LIGHT BURNS.