• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Please help me to determine my tritype?

shanix

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Results from
http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/evaltest.php

You are most likely a type 7.

Your wings seem to be balanced.

Type 7 - 9.7
Type 9 - 8.4
Type 4 - 7.4
Type 6 - 5.4
Type 8 - 5.4

Wing 7w8 - 12.4
Wing 7w6 - 12.4
Wing 9w8 - 11.1
Wing 6w7 - 10.3
Wing 8w7 - 10.3
Wing 8w9 - 9.6
Wing 9w1 - 8.9
Wing 4w5 - 8.9
Wing 4w3 - 7.8
Wing 6w5 - 6.9

anastasiaromanova

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why are you so sure you're Seven-leading and not Nine-leading? You don't feel it's necessary to tell Seven 'stories' about yourself or about how these stats interfaced with your perceptions, or to offer any head analysis at all. Rather you feel comfortable relying on a bunch of impersonal stats to tell you who you are, so to say, if we would only tell you what they're telling you--stats that weren't EVEN carried down by Moses from Mount Sinai. That seems rather 9ishly "I'm nobody". And it also seems to be a big 9 avoidance of what is essential. How could people possibly know enough about you to help you with the subtleties of tritype with only 13 posts?

It also implies a VERY strong orientation toward authority, which is NOT a 7 stance at all. But it is a default 9 stance, in that any point of view presented can be the authority of the moment. That's where 9 and 6 merge as attachment types, while frustrated 7, always running and skipping about, is markedly authority-neutral.

But don't take ME as an authority here. But don't not either. I could be completely wrong. You could be expecting people to tell you who you are based on nothing out of 7 carelessness because you're doing 19 things at once too. There may have been a long follow-up post with all kinds of details that got lost in the cyber-ether. You could be testing us, doing an experiment...there could be some other reason why you expect to get something from nothing and are removing yourself completely as a variable in the equation that is supposedly about your own identity.

Anyway, so there's the paradox: you ask for something impossible--to be typed (trityped) based on NOTHING essential. And that is IMPOSSIBLE. But BECAUSE it is impossible, it suggests 9-leading. To me. Thus, mistyping of main type for starters.

Please, by all means. challenge me. Tell us why you're a Seven and then one way or the other you'll definitely be offering something relevant toward accomplishing the task at hand.

anastasiaromanova

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
PS These tests notoriously, and I mean NOTORIOUSLY, mistype 9s.

And also 6s.

anastasiaromanova

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Enneagram chart

Pick one from each Center (Gut, Heart, Head) that you relate to most and read more about those types to validate. I personally recommend https://oceanmoonshine9.wordpress.com/ for Step 2.

Pick one from each center from the list given? Why limit it to that? And how "validate" through any particular source without knowing which ones to choose first? If the person has to validate, how do they know what to choose? Wouldn't the reading come first before the picking and shouldn't there be multiple sources?

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Pick one from each center from the list given? Why limit it to that?
That is the definition of a tritype.

And how "validate" through any particular source without knowing which ones to choose first? If the person has to validate, how do they know what to choose? Wouldn't the reading come first before the picking and shouldn't there be multiple sources?
Pick for a starting point. Read to confirm or reject it. If rejected, go back to step 1.

Don't recall saying OP couldn't/shouldn't use multiple sources.

anastasiaromanova

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That is the definition of a tritype.

Pick for a starting point. Read to confirm or reject it. If rejected, go back to step 1.

Don't recall saying OP couldn't/shouldn't use multiple sources.

I meant should OP pick from the list of possibilities offered as arbitrary results of one inherently flawed test--as they ALL are. It was really intended more as a rhetorical question. I guess you didn't read my first post to OP if you relally think I need to know what a tritype is.

The second point was more a questioning of 'validation'. The entire body of knowledge is a work in progress; as such no true validation exists, neither in single nor in multiple sources.

But OP, by submitting the results as an absolute, wherein the 'right tritype' will definitely be revealed if only the 'right way' to read the list is known--as in, what are my instructions now?--suggests a serious misunderstanding about this. I want to dispel it. So no, you didn't say the OP shouldn't use multiple sources but you did strongly imply that ocean-moonshine, one source, COULD validate a full tritype.

I don't agree, and I don't want OP to internalize that because OP gave no information about him?self, so I suspect--though I don't know, of course--that OP needs to learn to look to OP for inner authority, and thus "validation" in the deeper sense.

I could be wrong, of course. Like I said, OP could just be, say, one very carefree--and very very careless--scattered Seven.

Or a very rigid, rule-bound Six, for that matter.

Or perhaps something else.

Who knows? It's a process.

But thank you for explaining that tritype means three.

anastasiaromanova

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ps I have a very close friend who is a 9w8-6w7-4w5 sx/sp. She has OFTEN typed on tests as a 5 and NEVER typed as not 5-leading and she DEFINITELY doesn't have 5 in her tritype. She's just an idiosyncratic, extreme introvert, social last 9.

But of COURSE she thought by all the descriptions that she HAD to either be a Five or at least 'have' 5. What she 'has' is social last 4w5. Alas.And this kind of thing is common in idiosyncratic 9s. But for her to explore avarice as a core problem would lead NOWHERE. But as a 9 she COULD have gone nowhere FOREVER.

I have a friend who's a 6w5-3w2-9w8 soc/sx with serious abandonment issues and an attachment disorder who ALWAYS tests with a 4-fix and sometimes as a 4. He is as Threeish as the day is long. This is also common. Unhealthy IF Sixes are more Fourish than many Fours.

And also, if OP is really a beginner, ithere are pluses and minuses to even getting into full tritype with wings so early. But since it appears the deed has already been done, then it also must be added that...

Seriously attempting a full tritype without stacking is practically meaningless. Which is by the way why the Fauvres make so many mistakes.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I meant should OP pick from the list of possibilities offered as arbitrary results of one inherently flawed test--as they ALL are. It was really intended more as a rhetorical question. I guess you didn't read my first post to OP if you relally think I need to know what a tritype is.

Nope.

The second point was more a questioning of 'validation'. The entire body of knowledge is a work in progress; as such no true validation exists, neither in single nor in multiple sources.

But OP, by submitting the results as an absolute, wherein the 'right tritype' will definitely be revealed if only the 'right way' to read the list is known--as in, what are my instructions now?--suggests a serious misunderstanding about this. I want to dispel it. So no, you didn't say the OP shouldn't use multiple sources but you did strongly imply that ocean-moonshine, one source, COULD validate a full tritype.

I don't agree, and I don't want OP to internalize that because OP gave no information about him?self, so I suspect--though I don't know, of course--that OP needs to learn to look to OP for inner authority, and thus "validation" in the deeper sense.

I could be wrong, of course. Like I said, OP could just be one very carefree--and very very careless--lazy Seven.

You appear to be inferring a lot of intent from a very offhand post.

I work with the assumption that typology is an inherently subjective study and that information exchanged about it should be viewed through that lens. I apologize for not elaborating on something I thought of as obvious.

But thank you for explaining that tritype means three.
You are welcome. I'm glad to have been chosen to absorb your frustration and I'm sure the OP appreciates your concern as well.

anastasiaromanova

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nope.

You appear to be inferring a lot of intent from a very offhand post.

I work with the assumption that typology is an inherently subjective study and that information exchanged about it should be viewed through that lens. I apologize for not elaborating on something I thought of as obvious.

You are welcome. I'm glad to have been chosen to absorb your frustration and I'm sure the OP appreciates your concern as well.

If you meant inferring intent from the OP's post, I wasn't. I was setting up a possible scenario for OP to address that would give information so the tritype could actually be discussed in community.

You came along and told OP to go read things and I asked you a couple of questions about that and you explained to me what tritype was. So yes, I do. I have a problem with that level of off-handedness.

If you meant inferring intent from YOUR Post, it was your LACK of intent, as in intentionality, that was the problem. But I do agree with you that you and I have nothing to offer each other here. OP can make up his? own mind.

anastasiaromanova

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, scratch that, Sinclair.. Point well-taken about the double-frustration. With or without the "like", I was going to go pretty deep with that. So there was something in it for me.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Results from
http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/evaltest.php

You are most likely a type 7.

Your wings seem to be balanced.

Type 7 - 9.7
Type 9 - 8.4
Type 4 - 7.4
Type 6 - 5.4
Type 8 - 5.4

Wing 7w8 - 12.4
Wing 7w6 - 12.4
Wing 9w8 - 11.1
Wing 6w7 - 10.3
Wing 8w7 - 10.3
Wing 8w9 - 9.6
Wing 9w1 - 8.9
Wing 4w5 - 8.9
Wing 4w3 - 7.8
Wing 6w5 - 6.9

Towards the test you are 7w8, 9w8, 4w5.
The only problem is in the fact that tests often can't be trusted.