• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Extroverted type 4s, as rare as they seem?

Raspberry_rain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just wondering if I have many fellow extroverted type 4s out there. It seems to be almost entirely INFP, ISFP, INFJ. For me it took a long time to decide that I was really a 4 because whenever I test, I always get 2w3 and 4w3 with maybe a one point difference either direction. I eventually decided that I was a 4w3 because the description fits me to the letter and always has. I think I'm different than most though, because as an ENFP I have A LOT of focus on others, hence the equally high score on 2w3. So my questions are is anyone else on here an extroverted 4? What about an extroverted 4 that isn't an ENFP, I've found that we seem to be the only extroverts included at all, possibly because we're the most introverted? And last but not least, why do you think this type seems to draw certain MBTI types specifically? Particularly introverts over extroverts.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
4 is one of the common types(not the most common tho) for ENFPs, i dont think its common with other E types tho.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know other ENFPs that type as enneagram 4, 4 goes well with Fi that ENFPs use as their second function and aslo goes along with the intuitive part of the persobality well as fours are among the highest rated on intuition.

Tomb1

Raspberry_rain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have a look into Temperament States:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/63490-temp.html

a medium or high temperament 4 lays the pretext for that introverted 4 typing themselves extrovert. They are still introverts you see.

Also check out this google doc done by a member at Stackemup, Skyboy. He focuses on low temp 7, but includes stuff about temp states:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ALVqPSKJAFxze-67ZIElwQ6iGaxxtP6QkbyLVbnxJm0/pub

I see nothing in here to indicate that type 4s have to be introverts.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think 4 (excluding ISFPs) is almost entirely an NF type. So I think it wouldn't be surprising to see an ENFP 4 or an ENFJ 4. Putting aside the many self-typed ENFP 4s running around here, I think [MENTION=1456]Domino[/MENTION] was an ENFJ 4. Come baaack. :cry: They're most likely going to be 4w3 though.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think 4 (excluding ISFPs) is almost entirely an NF type. So I think it wouldn't be surprising to see an ENFP 4 or an ENFJ 4. Putting aside the many self-typed ENFP 4s running around here, I think [MENTION=1456]Domino[/MENTION] was an ENFJ 4. Come baaack. :cry: They're most likely going to be 4w3 though.

>thinks 4w5
>thinks INTP

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

I could see a few INTJs going the way of 4. Probably not common though.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Only as rare as you want them to be. ;0

á´…eparted

passages
I wouldn't call 4 rare, nor would I call any particular type rare. I think introverted 4's are more common, but that doesn't make extroverted 4's rare.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do think introverted 4s are more common. It seems extroverted 4s just walk that line of ambiversion. 4w3 can have moments where they appear very extroverted and then have to disappear because they have exhausted themselves. I often feel like a compulsive extrovert. It's a rather unpleasant oil and water mix with a 4...needs emulsification.

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm an ESTP, yet I have a rather large dose of 4 in my system.

How does this work? Well...whenever I do something that leads to a negative reaction from others, I often have to stop, think and reflect for a while before I feel ready to face the world again. I have to consider what I did to elicit such a negative reaction, and then work on avoiding that in the future so that I don't receive such a negative reaction again.

So basically, I'm an ESTP that reflects a lot and is prone to doubting herself. But I also have traits of an 8w7 whenever I'm NOT being a 4w5, so...yeah.

utmostrose

MBTI Type
enfj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp
Im a 4w3 enfj here. I dont come across too many other 4w3s period, it seems most are 4w5. I think that even most enfjs who are 4s are 4w5s.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I chose 4w3 because 4w5 was too introverted for me. As in, I could definitely see an extrovert 4w3.