User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ili Ni

i am internally critical primarily... it is easier for me to find something to change about myself or my actions to improve a situation than it is to get anyone to even acknowledge what the actual problem is... sure, i can find where someone is fucking up (i try to channel that into useful advice), but it is a waste of time and energy... however there are endless rabbit holes in which i find how i contributed to their failure or failed to contribute to their success... there is always something if you dig... there is Always something... sometimes i'll become frustrated and manipulate a situation to cause the other person to do as i think they should... that doesn't always work out, but i am nearly never called out on it, even when i am willing to make myself "the bad guy" to shake a person out of their destructive cycles... when it is my cycle it results in more internal criticism than action... probably because on some level i am more interested in punishing myself than actually improving my experience...

post script:

i am 9w1...
    A man said to the universe:
    “Sir, I exist!”
    “However,” replied the universe,
    “The fact has not created in me
    A sense of obligation."

"A lot of people want to go out there, help people, and save the world. Sadly, half the time they can't even help themselves."

9w1: Purposeful-Leisurely Gestalt
    9w8: Tough/Contrarian-Leisurely Gestalt

A Primer On The Core Gestalts For Each E-Type And More

Type 9: The Leisurely Gestalt
    Core Strategy: Seeking support and offering support
    Core Distortion: This point on the enneagram has no built-in distortion.
    Area of Fixation: Merging
    Core Action Set: Seeing things form multiple perspectives, having a disregard for black and white thinking and reflexively finding unity in conflicting stances.
    DSM Correlate: Dependent Personality Disorder
    Core trap: Going with the flow and staying merged with the agenda of others
    Core Vulnerability: Separation.
    Core weakness: Inner clarity.
    Core Passion: Sloth. The passion of sloth is akin to self-forgetfulness, going on autopilot, falling asleep to one’s will, so to speak.
    9w8s have a natural social charisma they use to reach their own objectives but also to make friends and help others reach their own goals; alliance-building. 9w1s have a more emotionally unexpressive and solemn manner, are capable of seeing reality without pretensions to mask it with and bear through these weighty concerns with one's nose to the grindstone. 9w1s are also critical and more drawn towards constant debate, but, in contrast to 1w9s, are just as sharp and unsparing on themselves.
    Click here for my 2500+ Enneagram Type List to type yourself and others with. It's the only valid breakdown for every enneagram type, wing and stack.

Click here for the only valid visual typing model of stackings on earth and socionics.
    Click here for enneagram type descriptions as a supplement to the only valid breakdown for every type, wing and stack.
    Click here for my typings of 100+ fictional exemplars and here for my typings of 90+ typology central members.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb1 View Post
    9w1: Purposeful-Leisurely Gestalt
    9w8: Tough/Contrarian-Leisurely Gestalt

A Primer On The Core Gestalts For Each E-Type And More
    I find your writings interesting, despite the response you seem to be getting on here, could you go more in-depth on what you mean by each two gestalts? My second strongest type is 9w1 so I am just curious
    EII | INFP
    4w5-9w1-6w5 sx/so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Ahh so if I'm 9w8 I might have no issues being aggressive or assertive but go back to chill state easily?
    how about 9w8sx would they be even more aggressive?

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    Ahh so if I'm 9w8 I might have no issues being aggressive or assertive but go back to chill state easily?
    how about 9w8sx would they be even more aggressive?
    Yes. I can be extremely aggressive, when needed. I might be completely relaxed, merge into the background, when, suddenly, boom.

In college once, I lived at a place with six of us in the apartment. 4 of the 6 were long term friends with each other, the other was the younger brother of one of the 4. Another one of the 4was a 386 who was bigger than me who liked to play dominance games with others. One of these games was grabbing guys by their genitals and squeezing until they said mercy. He didn't try it on me until the end of the school year. I was on guard and ready, as I could tell he kept wanting to establish his dominance over me.

On that day he made his move, I punched him in the face and he went down. I kicked him once or twice after that, and then left the apartment.

And reverted to e9 calmness. We never talked about it among ourselves after that and just went back to normal, but the rest of the guys seemed to defer to me more the next several weeks.

So, yeah, when the calmness breaks, this e9w8sx turns instantly into a very dangerous and powerful person that no one wants to mess with under any circumstances.
    “Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“It is clear that thought is not free if the profession of certain opinions makes it impossible to earn a living. It is clear also that thought is not free if all the arguments on one side of a controversy are perpetually presented as attractively as possible, while the arguments on the other side can only be discovered by diligent search.”

― Bertrand Russell, Sceptical Essays
    Likes Luminous liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Ahh yeah I relate to that in a way. Cool. Thank you.
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    945 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I couldnt even read through those differences completely because of how horribly wrong they are. Dude, you cant make people that cookie cutter and expect it to fit. This is why typology is a rabbit hole. This is not reality.