• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] The 9w1 versus the 9w8

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i am internally critical primarily... it is easier for me to find something to change about myself or my actions to improve a situation than it is to get anyone to even acknowledge what the actual problem is... sure, i can find where someone is fucking up (i try to channel that into useful advice), but it is a waste of time and energy... however there are endless rabbit holes in which i find how i contributed to their failure or failed to contribute to their success... there is always something if you dig... there is Always something... sometimes i'll become frustrated and manipulate a situation to cause the other person to do as i think they should... that doesn't always work out, but i am nearly never called out on it, even when i am willing to make myself "the bad guy" to shake a person out of their destructive cycles... when it is my cycle it results in more internal criticism than action... probably because on some level i am more interested in punishing myself than actually improving my experience...

post script:

i am 9w1...

Tomb1

9w1: Purposeful-Leisurely Gestalt
9w8: Tough/Contrarian-Leisurely Gestalt

A Primer On The Core Gestalts For Each E-Type And More

Type 9: The Leisurely Gestalt
Core Strategy: Seeking support and offering support
Core Distortion: This point on the enneagram has no built-in distortion.
Area of Fixation: Merging
Core Action Set: Seeing things form multiple perspectives, having a disregard for black and white thinking and reflexively finding unity in conflicting stances.
DSM Correlate: Dependent Personality Disorder
Core trap: Going with the flow and staying merged with the agenda of others
Core Vulnerability: Separation.
Core weakness: Inner clarity.
Core Passion: Sloth. The passion of sloth is akin to self-forgetfulness, going on autopilot, falling asleep to one’s will, so to speak.
9w8s have a natural social charisma they use to reach their own objectives but also to make friends and help others reach their own goals; alliance-building. 9w1s have a more emotionally unexpressive and solemn manner, are capable of seeing reality without pretensions to mask it with and bear through these weighty concerns with one's nose to the grindstone. 9w1s are also critical and more drawn towards constant debate, but, in contrast to 1w9s, are just as sharp and unsparing on themselves.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ahh so if I'm 9w8 I might have no issues being aggressive or assertive but go back to chill state easily?
how about 9w8sx would they be even more aggressive?

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ahh so if I'm 9w8 I might have no issues being aggressive or assertive but go back to chill state easily?
how about 9w8sx would they be even more aggressive?

Yes. I can be extremely aggressive, when needed. I might be completely relaxed, merge into the background, when, suddenly, boom.

In college once, I lived at a place with six of us in the apartment. 4 of the 6 were long term friends with each other, the other was the younger brother of one of the 4. Another one of the 4was a 386 who was bigger than me who liked to play dominance games with others. One of these games was grabbing guys by their genitals and squeezing until they said mercy. He didn't try it on me until the end of the school year. I was on guard and ready, as I could tell he kept wanting to establish his dominance over me.

On that day he made his move, I punched him in the face and he went down. I kicked him once or twice after that, and then left the apartment.

And reverted to e9 calmness. We never talked about it among ourselves after that and just went back to normal, but the rest of the guys seemed to defer to me more the next several weeks.

So, yeah, when the calmness breaks, this e9w8sx turns instantly into a very dangerous and powerful person that no one wants to mess with under any circumstances.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ahh yeah I relate to that in a way. Cool. Thank you.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I couldnt even read through those differences completely because of how horribly wrong they are. Dude, you cant make people that cookie cutter and expect it to fit. This is why typology is a rabbit hole. This is not reality.