• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] what m I really?

aqua-soul

MBTI Type
ENFP
I associate more with the straight up 4 description so accurately it's almost scary. I have been typed as a ENFP but the description isn't all that fitting. As your typical angsty teenager I'm having a little social and emotional trouble at school, which clouds my judgement at times. I've been told 4s are quite rare and many people inaccurately type themselves as 4s, especially if they are depressed or having issues.

I cannot tell if I'm truly a 4 or just being an emotional teenager.

does anyone know how to correctly identify one's self?

Gawain

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't really know what to tell you, but my gut says if you're questioning it, you're probably not a four. Take that with a grain of salt, 'cause I'm not a professional.

Here's what I do know: My life. When I was a teenager, it felt to me like all the adults in my life were trivializing my problems. When I told them that, their reaction was that of course I felt that way, all teenagers do. I tried to explain that this was different, and of course they didn't listen. Now, here's the kicker... In my case, it wasn't "being a teenager" that was the problem. Either that, or I'm still that immature at 30. But my coworkers seem shocked at how immature my mom is, and they seem to think I'm pretty mature for my age, despite my shortcomings. So I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I wasn't the one being immature most of the time I was young either.

My family suffers from a lack of empathy. Not just with me, with everyone. From the time I was 5 years old, I can remember asking innocent questions and not understanding why I got told to stop being a smartass. I figured out pretty early on that I was either going to have to find a way to explain myself in a way they could understand, or just deal with the fallout when they would inevitably misconstrue everything I did or said. It's still the same. I don't try to rebel. I don't set out "to be my own person". I just do what I was told I was supposed to 1) obey the golden rule and 2) follow my heart. And somehow that's all I need to do for others to tell me I'm "a character", unique, a rebel, and all sorts of 4 things I'm not trying to be. I even dress conservatively and have no visible tattoos nor piercings. But apparently I stick out anyway. Not that I'm complaining. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I were normal. And that's pretty much the best way I can sum up the difference between being a 4 amd being an angsty teen.

dog

MBTI Type
infp
i dont even understand the enneagrams-yet...but i know for myself, that its much easier judging someone by a series of behaviours over the years instead of a just a test or a description (though i like descriptions better. tests are good but sometimes they just arent that consistent). . . as you gain more experiences you'll be get even more confident of who you are (not that you cant now, if you had the right "counselor"). . be patient?

DoctorTypo

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
You could be an ENTP. ENTPs and ENFPs can mistype cause of the first and last functions.

Enneagram 1 is critical and wants to be good/right
Enneagram 2 is helpful and wants to be appreciated
Enneagram 3 is achieving and wants to be valuable
Enneagram 4 is unique and wants to be authentic
Enneagram 5 is truth seeking and wants complete understanding
Enneagram 6 is loyal and wants to be supported
Enneagram 7 is energetic and wants to be content and have fun
Enneagram 8 is aggressive and wants to protect themself
Enneagram 9 is peaceful and wants to be completely peaceful and undisturbed

Here's a trick, pick two types one after the other that you relate to most. One of them is probably your primary and the second is the wing.
In my case I relate to 9 the most followed by 8.

ImaFour

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
From the user-name you've selected, and what you've written, I'd say you may indeed be a Four. But looking at the photo you've chosen, I doubt you're a Four. Perhaps these disparate elements are an accurate reflection of your inner confusion?
Just the quick first impressions of a Four. I'm not any kind of an expert, so feel free to disregard.