• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] A GIANT compilation of musicians and their enneagram types.

Piercie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bands and Enneagram

Led Zeppelin

Page: 3w4 so/sx
Plant: 3w2 sx/so
Bonham: 7w6 so/sp
Paul Jones: 9w1 sx/sp

Pink Floyd

Waters: 4w3 sp/so
Gilmour: 9w8 so/sx
Barrett: 7w6 sx/so
Others: Unknown

Rolling Stones:

Mick: 3w2 sx/so
Keith: 4w3 sp/so
Watts: 9w1 sp/so
Wyman: 7w6 so/sx
Wood: 2w3 sx/sp
Jones: 9w8 sx/sp

Beatles:

Lennon: 9w8 so/sp
McCartney: 3w2 sx/so
Harrison: 4w3 sp/sx
Starr: 9w1 sp/so

N.W.A.

Dre: 8w9 sp/so
Cube: 3w2 so/sx
Eazy E: 7w8 sx/so
Ren: 4w3 sp/so

Radiohead:

Yorke: 3w4 sp/sx
J. Greenwood: 4w5 so/sx
O’Brien: 6w5 sp/so
Selway: 4w3 so/sx
C. Greenwood: 9w1 sp/so

Red Hot Chili Peppers:

Kiedis: 7w8 sx/so
Flea: 3w2 so/sx
Frusciante: 4w5 sx/sp
Smith: 7w6 so/sp
Klinghoffer: 3w4 so/sx

Nirvana:

Cobain: 4w3 sp/so
Grohl: 3w4 sx/so
Novoselic: 6w5 sp/so

GNR:

Rose: 3w2 sx/so
Slash: 4w3 sp/sx
Stradlin: 4w3 sp/so
Adler: 6w7 sp/so
McKagan: 9w1 sx/sp

The Who:

Daltrey: 3w4 so/sx
Townshend: 4w3 sp/so
Entwistle: 4w5 sp/so
Moon: 7w8 so/sx

AC/DC:

Johnson: 3w2 sx/so
Scott: 3w4 so/sp
A. Young: 3w2 so/sp
M. Young: 6w7 sp/sx
Rudd: 4w5 so/sp
Williams: 7w6 sp/so

Tenacious D:

Black: 3w2 so/sx
Gass: 7w6 sp/sx

Solo Artists:

Jimi Hendrix: 3w2 sx/so

Prince: 4w3 so/sx

Eric Clapton: 2w3 sx/so

Stevie Ray Vaughan: 6w7 so/sx

Florence: 4w3 sp/so

Natalie Merchant: 4w5 so/sp

Eminem: 3w4 sp/so

Taylor Swift: 3w2 so/sx

50 Cent: 8w7 so/sp

Lana Del Rey: 4w3 sx/sp

Carlos Santana: 7w6 sx/so

Madonna: 3w2 sx/so

Jeff Buckley: 4w3 sx/sp

B.B. King: 7w6 so/sx

Chuck Berry: 7w8 sp/sx

David Bowie: 4w3 sx/so

Rihanna: 3w2 sx/so

Jack Bruce: 6w5 so/sp

Ginger Baker: 7w6 sp/so

Jack White: 4w3 sp/sx

Chris Rock: 6w7 so/sx

George Carlin: 3w4 so/sp

Bo Burnham: 3w4 sp/so

Louis C.K: 3w2 so/sx

Fort Minor: 3w4 so/sp

NF: 3w4 so/sp

Billy Corgan: 4w3 sp/so

If you disagree with something I put, please say so and give a reason... I will change it if I believe it is different... Everyone has questions about what enneatype (And MBTI) these people are, so I decided to just make a big thiing, at least for enneagram... I may do MBTI later if I feel like it.

Also request new artists and I will add them to this post.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting stuff. I'd like to hear some reasons for these, would be really cool. Also, evaluating their MBTI as well could be fun ^.^ I'm mainly interested in how you're differentiating types within the 3-5 range.

Piercie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
3s and 5s could not be more different...

3s want attention, crave the spotlight... They act confident but are actually super insecure... A perfect example of a band where the 3 was prominent is Led Zeppelin. Page and Plant are both 3s, page being the "ZOSO, Alister Crowley, darker", more introspective side of 3, with plant being the shallow talent with a big heart. Also with their taste in women, and their relationships... Jimmy was the type to bang and bail, while plant stayed with his women for a long time. Page wrote "Heartbreaker" and "Living Loving Maid", plant wrote "Tangerine" and "All My Love". They both enjoyed the spotlight A LOT.

4s want to be authentic and real. They are cynical, extremely dark, and sometimes self-harm. They are often psychedelic and EXTREMELY musically adept. Perfect example of a band that revolved around the 4 is Radiohead. Jonny Greenwood, the back of the room mastermind behind all of their music, the tortured genius who writes complex music because he believes that's what he was put here for... Then you get Phil Selway, the talented drummer who also has quite the solo career (Where he can be the frontman and show off the 3)... His solo music is psychedelic and wonderful btw... Then there's Thom Yorke... He takes all the credit and is full of himself, yet he too is a champion musician and writes deep, dark lyrics... (Hail to the Thief is full of sick lyrics)...

5s observe others and learn their techniques... They are supportive, but don't want to be at the front of any effort... Often technical geniuses but can't improvise because of anxiety and basic fear of what other people think... Almost no 5s are professional musicians... You might find a 5 wing once in a while, but even those are like "Oh wait what does he do for the band again?" Example: John Entwistle: A great bassist, but doesnt really crave the spotlight... My dad, a die hard who fan, didn't notice going to a who concert in 2003 that J. Entwistle wasnt there (He had died a year ago) I told him after the concert he was like :(

To be fair, my dad has no emotional depth (3w2 ESTP)

I can tell you a few of their MBTIs if you ask specifically... I dont wanna do another whole page like this...

Page is probs an ENTP, Greenwood an ISTP.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But I'm a musician, and relate strongly to all three of these enneagram types. I had myself pegged as a 4w5, but recently read a piece about the difference between 4w5 and 5w4 and decided that 5w4 was more accurate. However, I don't exhibit any of these aspects you're mentioning such as 5: supportive, doesn't want to be at front of effort. I believe that 5 is most fitting for me but I don't have this heartbreaking anxiety you speak of. I'm the leader when it comes to most efforts, but I'm not a shithead leader either. 4: I can be cynical at times, sure, but my main understanding/affinity towards the type 4 is that it's about being a unique, uncontrolled individual. It's all about being true to oneself and finding purpose introspectively. This is also something I think strongly reflects in my work, however, upon reading a 4w5 vs. 5w4 analysis, it made it clear that 4s are more interested in the mode (in this case music) being expressive of themselves, while 5s were more interested in what it was they were expressing affecting the listener accurately. 3 also fits because I generally bursting with confidence, have no trouble being the center of attention(though it may be a little scary, just like for anyone), and am definitely a performer, but not as a foremost characteristic; I had also considered 4w3 an option.

I don't imagine it's possible, what you've said about few 5's being professional musicians. In my experience, most of the musicians I highly regard and listen to regularly are considered NTPs, and some NFPs. You must know of the band Rush? 2/3 of the components of that band are generally seen as INTPs, which would also suggest that they are enneagram 5s, most likely. If you look at bands like Pink Floyd, Muse, Porcupine Tree, Radiohead, there are hints of xNxP everywhere.

Boogie man

Da Voodoo
MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
Plant: 3w2 sx/so
7w8

Lennon: 9w8 so/sp
6w5

Cobain: 4w3 sp/so
4w5 or 5w4 probably

Grohl: 3w4 sx/so
7w8

Rose: 3w2 sx/so
4w3 maybe, 468 tritype very likely

Slash: 4w3 sp/sx
9w8

Black: 3w2 so/sx
7w6

Jimi Hendrix: 3w2 sx/so
9w8

Eminem: 3w4 sp/so
As 6 as they come.

David Bowie: 4w3 sx/so
3w4 sx/sp

Rihanna: 3w2 sx/so
9w8...

George Carlin: 3w4 so/sp
How can he be anything but 6??

Louis C.K: 3w2 so/sx
6w7

I'm probably missing some, because I'm skimming and there's many I don't know.
But do I really need to give a reason for most of these? Really? I don't understand most of your typings here.

EonsInTheNight

MBTI Type
INFP
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Kurt Cobain: 4w5 The shame, jealousy and self-idealization as a tortured artist, even if he claimed not to, it's quite clearly he saw himself like this. Too little care for his image to be 4w3.

Eminem: 6 cf. Great example of 6 insecurities with counter-phobic aggression.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Kurt Cobain: 4w5 (actually maybe 4w3 he was lazy but really ambitious). Probably 459 tritype.
Eddie Vedder: 9w8 sx/sp, 974 or 964
Layne Staley: 4w5 sp/sx 458 (?)
Chris Cornell: no idea, but somebody should type him
Dave Grohl: 7w6 sx/so 729
Paul McCartney: 7w6 748 so/sx
John Lennon: 4w3 478 sx/so
Mick Jagger: 3w4 378 so/sx
James Hetfield: 8w7 826 sp/sx
Taylor Momsen: 4w3 sx/so 478
Amy Lee: 4w5 459 sp/sx
Lzzy Hale: 7w8 739 sx/sp
Patti Smith: 4w3 478 sx/so