• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Does tritype order matter?

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=23222]senza tema[/MENTION] [MENTION=22109]Evee[/MENTION] [MENTION=4347]Virtual ghost[/MENTION]

How would someone differentiate their core from the rest then? Are there any reliable "markers" to look for?

I'm afraid I'm not the best person to ask, given that I had a very hard time identifying my core type. If there really were reliable markers, people would have an easier time typing themselves, I think. For me, it came about through reading and exploring until I found something that clicked in all respects and the fact that I had the very wonderful Starry to guide me through the process and explain to me distortions in my thinking that I couldn't see myself but which were more apparent to outsiders.

As far as order of fixes is concerned, the reason I think it may not be so important is because of my own experience, which is that 4 is clearly my primary type, especially in terms of fears, secret hopes and motivations (the behavioral descriptions don't fit that well, which is why I didn't initially think I was a 4) but my 7 and 1 fixes are roughly equal but opposite forces in my thinking. Being constantly happy and entertained is a very pressing force on my psyche but so is being proper and correct. I draw from either or both, depending on the situation.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I suspect that it does, much like instinctual variants - an sx/sp and sx/so can be quite different.

The difference here is not in the impact but in the difficulty of inquiry - the theory is still in diapers and it's going to take it longer to get to the point where it can explore those differences because it has a lot more ground to cover.

Interestingly... I think I have a near perfect case study for this: [MENTION=13377]pinkgraffiti[/MENTION] - if I remember right your a 784 while I am a 748. Is there anyone here who knows us both well enough to note critical differences that could be related to tritype fixes?

I dont think I ever said that. I have no idea which one is more developed in me, I think they are quite balanced, the 4 and the 8. For some reason tritype theory takes 1 number per" sub-ennegram" (mental, emotional, instinctual): I guess i manifest by mental state as 7, instinctual as 8, emotional as 4. You're basically asking whether im more instinctual than emotional, I think it depends on the situation, many external factors.