• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] You know you're a type 9 when...

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
When you're perceived as typically being unemotional and chill* because...
1) You "numb out" to emotions due to low willingness to experience anything that disturbs your inner harmony
2) Enneagram / Big 5 overlap statistics state that 9s generally have quite low neuroticism
(albeit personally, mine's likely about average).
*If you're stressed then people start seeing you lose your mind and crack apart with a lot of anxieties finally at times, but other times they find you dissociated and unable to face anything, just numb to the point where you can't answer certain questions (especially about yourself; how you feel, what you think, etc.) and just say "I don't know."

When your friends start to worry when you seem a little too carefree, but it's hard not to lie and say "I'm fine" if they ask because...
1) Sometimes if you didn't then you'd have to admit you're not okay to yourself, too...and you don't want to face anything because it throws you off that inner equilibrium, you lose your sense of inner peace by thinking about the shit going on in your life. Your struggle is basically accepting the fact that you have to break down in order to break through, you can't play ostrich with the mountain, you've got to climb it.
2) You are unintrusive and don't want to bother anyone with your problems (9s don't want to deal with their own or anyone else's problems, and also have low assertiveness; they don't assert their own needs, they're passive).

When you aren't sure why or how most others get as emotional as they do, especially in the anger department
and when they do it sometimes triggers an "I'm not here, I don't exist" response where you don't want to disturb the waters and probably get out of the way. If you can't literally remove yourself, you probably tune it out and disconnect from it or go along with it like it's an NPC that forces you to "talk" to them and you're just hitting that Enter key repeatedly until all the chat bubbles are gone and you can move your character away from it. Why? Because anger makes for fragile harmony, so it seems threatening...and you probably don't want to deal with it anyways.

When you are capable of seeming to be outwardly participating but are (secretly) inwardly detached as hell, unable to be fazed;
withdrawn inside yourself, locked inside an inner sanctum as if your true existence resides in some other unseen and impenetrable layer of reality. This is especially the case in Soc IV 9s.

When you relate to attachment triad in the way it applies to 9s specifically
which is in the sense that 9s attach themselves to the external to form their sense of identity; mirroring others, going along with them, blending, adapting, and forsaking yourself in conformity to whatever will maintain good relations with them, and whatever will kick the conflict to the curb...and you fear a loss of closeness to them if you do otherwise.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
-When you troll people to avoid real conflict

-When you drink 5 cups of coffee and it has no effect on you

-When everyone perceives you as the peacemaking flower child, but 10 to 1 you're the one getting the popcorn

-When you act like you're easily pleased, but really you can't make decisions, so you go along with everyone and then it hits you what you really want but it's too late

-When you leave a conflict and wish you could have delivered better roasts so you spend hours thinking of different ways the fight could have played out

-You have a different personality around each friend because of all the merging you do

-Criticism is an attack

-When people hire you as peacemaking ambassadors(mostly people on Facebook asking you to talk to someone for them and you find it very awkward)

-When you need advice because you can't decide on anything, but you're also too stubborn to take any advice

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oftentimes people don't really see you, and most of them make you feel more alone when you attempt to be vulnerable by only talking about themselves.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You ruminate about ruminating.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Sevens are always trying to eat you to instill fear into the hearts of sixes. @_@

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
THere's some nine going on when I can't give my colleges classes final exams because it harshes the mellow. Sometimes we've even watched movies.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oftentimes people think you're being rude, a bully, or overreacting if you do express strong negative emotions or assertiveness because they are used to you being more calm and go-with-the-flow.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
-When you finally stand up for something you want, but then you feel bad about steamrolling others so you no longer want the thing

-When you're a withdrawn type so ruminating is your life, but you still don't know what you're feeling and who you really are after all that ruminating

-Favorite color who?

-When you could be sobbing, sweating, shaking and screaming and still not know what you're feeling(or also be able to say "I'm fine" no problem).

-When you're a perfectionist but also work at the pace of a snail so you take forever to get things done(9w1)

-Even though you're a positive outlook type, you can find some beauty in sadness because you're used to being numb and sadness is an emotion

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
-When you are asked for advice cause you're a good listener, but you're so apathetic to everything you've never really developed any advice

-When people ask you if you're sad when you're happy, and then don't question anything when you're actually sad.

-Not only do you give people second chances, you give things second chances as well(ex. that tea was really disgusting, but I don't want it to go to waste so I'm going to keep drinking it and maybe I'll start liking it).

-You've been called "cute" more than once, and you may or may not detest the label.

-You wish more would ask your opinion on something, then you realize you don't have one.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
(This might be more Sx 9 since my 9 is Sx).

You can lose yourself in people or characters like merge with a character or person.

Every person you meet sees you totally differently.

You after many years are still not 100% sure of your type.

Numbing things out is something you do.