• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Careers for each enneagram type.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've seen tonnes of stuff on careers for the mbti types, but what about the enneagram types? I've devised list of enneagram types and the careers they would like the best based on my best guesses.
1w2-civil rights activist
1w9-lobbyist
2w1-nurse
2w3-Doctor
3w2-non profit organization runner
3w4-entrepreneur
4w5-science teacher
4w3-artist
5w4-scientist
5w6-economist
6w5-office manager
6w7-military
7w6-geologist
7w8-firefighter
8w7-Goverment agent
8w9-Cop

Raspberry_rain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does interior designer count as artist? If not, no thanks. Image consultant for me please. Because I'm so individualistic but also an extrovert, I believe in helping everybody realize their individual potential, hence image consultant :)

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Eh well these were just my best guesses based on what I've heard about them. I wouldn't take it all that seriously because I may have stereotyped a little. [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] I put civil rights activist down only because 1's are often known as reformers. [MENTION=24888]Raspberry_rain[/MENTION] interior designer could work for 4w3, but again these are just my best guesses. If you guys have any other suggestions you are free to post them on here.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I know a 7w8 who's a firefighter actually. :nice:

Geologist...meh. Make me a POP STAR!

tumblr_muibzmDaHT1sba90go1_400.gif

Ingrid in grids

I've seen tonnes of stuff on careers for the mbti types, but what about the enneagram types? I've devised list of enneagram types and the careers they would like the best based on my best guesses.
1w2-civil rights activist
1w9-lobbyist
2w1-nurse
2w3-Doctor
3w2-non profit organization runner
3w4-entrepreneur
4w5-science teacher
4w3-artist
5w4-scientist
5w6-economist
6w5-office manager
6w7-military
7w6-geologist
7w8-firefighter
8w7-Goverment agent
8w9-Cop

And 9w1... unemployed? :thinking:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Guessing by your choice of popstar, Im guessing you actually meant diva.

I love her green crocheted crop top man...as soon as guys are able to wear them without being socially reprimanded I'm grabbing myself 10.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Teaching wouldn't be a very wise idea for me.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Both the MBTI and the Enneagram are pretty awful at predicting what jobs will suit people, IMO. You'd have to be pretty vague about it, e.g. for 1w2 "something that they feel is morally right, useful, and a valuable use of their abilities -- ideally a 'calling' but not necessarily".

(Incidentally, the nonprofit I work for does focus on civil rights activism, among other things. Though my previous employer didn't at all.)

Ugh, gag me with a spoon.

No offence to CRA's though.
^ Not sure how civil rights activists wouldn't take offense to that, lol. Unless you meant "I personally would hate that job, but that doesn't mean it isn't valuable".

á´…eparted

passages
Both the MBTI and the Enneagram are pretty awful at predicting what jobs will suit people, IMO. You'd have to be pretty vague about it, e.g. for 1w2 "something that they feel is morally right, useful, and a valuable use of their abilities -- ideally a 'calling' but not necessarily".

(Incidentally, the nonprofit I work for does focus on civil rights activism, among other things. Though my previous employer didn't at all.)

^ Not sure how civil rights activists wouldn't take offense to that, lol. Unless you meant "I personally would hate that job, but that doesn't mean it isn't valuable".

That is exactly what I meant.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, I just remembered that I forgot to put in the 9 types, but I think a nine would do something along the lines of psychology or diplomacy and would also make great leaders. This may or may not be true, I'm just guessing.
And 9w1... unemployed? :thinking:

BWCB1890

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I wouldn't mind being an office manager.

Daydreaming Swan

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
More accurate:

(I don't know type 1, 3, or 6 enough, so I'm not going to do them)

2w1: Preschool teacher, waitress, or stay-at-home parent
2w3: Hairstylist, personal shopper, or wedding planner

4w3: Actor, musician, or dancer
4w5: Fiction writer, poet, or psychotherapist

5w4: College professor, architect, or sociologist
5w6: Scientist, engineer, or software designer

7w6: Circus performer, comedian, or DJ
7w8: Athlete, stuntman, or professional gambler

8w7: Drill sergeant or professional wrestler
8w9: Business executive, firefighter, or government agent

9w8: High school teacher, veterinarian, or manager
9w1: Retail clerk, photographer, or physical therapist

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think it'd be cool to take this thread and make it about people of a certain type's actual careers. Even if there is a lot of variance we could find a small pattern, and if not it could be cool to discuss different motivations for choosing the same career.

My mom is an ENFJ 2w3 with a huge passion for teaching. When we moved out to California when I was little, she came to our school and the middle school class she taught had a track record of running out 5 teachers in a row out of frustration. My mom let them knew she was not to be messed with and eventually earned their respect - people said she was the coolest teacher at the school and all the older kids would say hi to me because they knew I was her kid. She established personal connections with all of the kids and gave each one special attention depending on what they were struggling with and she's still in contact with all of her past students to this day. I think she enjoys the feeling of being well-liked and respected by others. She obviously genuinely loves to help and teach others but I think the reason she's so passionate about it is that all the appreciation makes her feel more worthwhile. I think she's finally started to find her worth independent of others but I hope she goes back to teaching soon after taking care of her parents for so long since I can tell she really misses it.

My dad is an ISTJ 5w6 and I think he chose his career based more upon practicality. He's the head of pricing for a company in North America which I won't say for now, since he's job hopped all his life (hence all the moving) always discussing with others how technology should be priced depending on its value in the market. I'm not too good with business and economics so I guess I can't explain it as well, but he does have a huge passion for it and is eager to talk to others about it. My dad is usually very monotone except in conference calls which is the only time I ever see him get fired up. I think he enjoys utilizing all the knowledge he's gained and chilling at home during the weekends just planning his next course of action.

Right now I'm a declared psychology major with a minor in biology. I'm fairly dead-set on being a therapist :)hifive: [MENTION=19948]Showbread[/MENTION]) just because I've always loved helping people through their issues and cheering them up. My mom told me she named me Chandler because I bring light into her life, and I've internalized that sentiment and used it to help bring light into everyone's lives that I touch. :D Although I know the job comes with a lot of emotional baggage and can be draining, I also like the idea of meeting new people with new histories and problems to learn about. The only other area in psychology I'm considering is forensics and that's because I'm interested in both investigation and analyzing suspects. Compared to therapy it seems a lot more mentally engaging and also speaks more to my thrill-seeking side (even though working in crime also sounds intimidating haha). I'm pretty sure about therapy but who knows what will happen. :shrug:

Last edited:

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
4w3 so/sx:

I'm interested in anything expressive and/or emotionally charged. If it deals with people, it needs to be in a setting where I can probe deeply into their thoughts and ideas, connect with them, and learn about them as individuals. Though I could never be a therapist--just not my style.
Currently, I'm a full-time high school student just trying to pull through until I'm (legally) allowed to call my own shots. The school environment is stifling and overwhelming for me, but I'm always looking for ways to let my creativity shine through the cracks. :)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
1 administration
2 service industry
3 business person
4 creative arts
5 scientist

and I give up, I don't have the patience for this shit XD