• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] An Enneagram Test that I could use to type other people?

Nonette

Hello everyone. This is my first post, so forgive me if I say something foolish.

I was wondering, is there an Enneagram Test that I could use to determine someone else's type?
I mean a few questions that I could memorize and ask, and then based on their answers, get a rough idea.

Obviously there are tests online, but those are long and I can't see "under the hood" (how they work) so I can't use them myself.

Thanks

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hello everyone. This is my first post, so forgive me if I say something foolish.

I was wondering, is there an Enneagram Test that I could use to determine someone else's type?
I mean a few questions that I could memorize and ask, and then based on their answers, get a rough idea.

Obviously there are tests online, but those are long and I can't see "under the hood" (how they work) so I can't use them myself.

Thanks

Most of us can see "under the hood" with the enneagram tests. Just ask if you have a question about a particular test!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
2. I have tended to

take on confrontations. (8)
avoid confrontations. (9)

3. I have typically been
diplomatic, charming, and ambitious. (3)
direct, formal, and idealistic. (1)

From the RHETI

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=24687]Nonette[/MENTION] In my opinion a test is just a tool and a starting point when determining type. I would rarely ever advise someone to take their test results completely to heart without investigating them (but many do).

The best way to type a person is to really know the Enneagram, and the person in question. Either that, or point the person to the material and have them read it themselves. It is a process that requires both introspection and understanding of the material, to be certain of type.

It's just like "there's no crying in baseball." There are no shortcuts in Enneagram (at least if you value accuracy). ;)

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A good start would be to pick one of the better tests out there (someone else can help out with that) and take it as if you were them.

There are some personality tests out there that are 'designed' to give a clue about someone else's type, but they mostly just change the phrasing from "I tend to ..." to "This person tends to ..." anyway.