• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Correlation Between StrengthsFinder and Enneagram Type

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Has anyone thought that there is a correlation between Clifton StrengthsFinder and Enneagram? It seems to me like there might be some correlation between the two.

What is your Enneagram type? What are your StrengthFinder results? Do you see a correlation between the results?

For example, here is mine

I'm 6sx.

My Clifton StrengthsFinder has the top 5 strengths:
- Achiever - People strong in the Achiever theme have a great deal of stamina and work hard. They take great satisfaction from being busy and productive
This goes along with a 6 line of dis-integration to 3 and the fact that 6s are the loyal, hard working dependable types

- Command - People strong in the Command theme have presence. They can take control of a situation and make decisions.
This seems to go along with the counterphobic 6 thing - confronting fear

- Focus - People strong in the Focus theme can take a direction, follow through, and make the corrections necessary to stay on track. They prioritize, then act.
Seems to go along with the responsible 6 thing again and disintegration lines to 3

- Restorative - People strong in the Restorative theme are adept at dealing with problems. They are good at figuring out what is wrong and resolving it.
6s are known to be problem solvers and troubleshooters

- Ideation - People strong in the Ideation theme are fascinated by ideas. They are able to find connections between seemingly disparate phenomena.
I don't see how this has anything to do with my enneagram type

Debbie

Enneagram
2so
Hi, I am new to your Forum but loving this question as I am currently investigating the possible links as well.. So I am an Ennea 2 SO with my 5 strengths being Relator, Responsibility, Command, Ideation and Connectedness. So this week-end I will definitely be looking to connect some dots!

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll bite. I'm a 5w4 sx/sp.

My strengths are Input, Context, Intellection, Responsibility, Strategic.

Input goes obviously to the 5 mastermind, thinker. Pull back and gather info to be safe. But the sx finds its role here as one dives in rashly towards something new.
Context is right along with it. Facts in isolation are meaningless, but in a matrix or system of understanding (Ni), ahh, now they are useful. But I think it ties into the sp, the self preservation, as a dragon brooding over a vast treasure trove of knowledge which input has acquired.
Intellection is mostly the same but here I think it ties into the INTJ Te more than just the Ni.
Responsibility is also the realm of the sp, and also of the 4: one feels one must not be vulnerable, and so playing everything close to the vest, in well-defined-ways, on the sure, beaten path, with no surprises lurking.
Strategic must be the Ni talking; the Fi directs the Te to plot out a path which Ni discerns.

What so ever. It is past my bedtime and I am meandering.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Mine are...

- Communication
- Activator
- Connectedness
- Individualization
- WOO

Seem 3ish to me.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did y'all pay for this test? I'm cheap and not gonna do that. Or did you just read the descriptions and pick the five that sounded most like you?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Positivity
Adaptability
Woo
Individualization
Ideation

Works with E7, with a little 2 influence. :D Positivity being enthusiastic and getting excited about things, Adaptability wanting to follow where life takes you, Woo is more 2 in the sense of wanting to win people over (although it could also be 7ish with attraction to the novelty that comes with meeting and connecting with new people).

Individualization and Ideation seem more ENFPish to me, but I do spend a lot of mental energy analyzing others and figuring out what makes people tick - it's a big hobby of mine so maybe Individualization could relate to E7 through that. Ideation connects the dots and tries to find links between two seemingly isolated incidents, so maybe with E7 it involves the joy of exploring possibilities and stuff. I feel like there's a fine line between these two and for me they kind of overlap.

Or did you just read the descriptions and pick the five that sounded most like you?

lol yeah that's what I did. No way I'm paying. Also a friend linked me a test to this once before so I had a vague idea, although I'm pretty sure my results were different than what I listed. :shrug:

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oh. I remember my adviser making me take this test a couple years ago as a freshman. When I get back home, I'll try to look for the results and post them.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Found it.

1) People strong in the Restorative theme are adept at dealing with problems. They are good at figuring out what is wrong and resolving it.
2) People strong in the Input theme have a craving to know more. Often they like to collect and archive all kinds of information.
3) People strong in the Ideation theme are fascinated by ideas. They are able to find connections between seemingly disparate phenomena.
4) People strong in the Futuristic theme are inspired by the future and what could be. They inspire others with their visions of the future.
5) People strong in the Intellection theme are characterized by their intellectual activity. They are introspective and appreciate intellectual discussions.

Currently IDing as a marginally unhealthful 3w4. The results seem to suggest...5w6?

Well, it's the tritype so close enough.

Ida

This is interesting. I don't know my enneagram type, but I just took the strength finders test for the first time and got:

Visionary
Confidence
Presenter
Solutions Finder
Thinker

Ida

Just looked them up. Translated to the strengths listed on the Clifton list , they are Futuristic, Self-assurance, Communication, Restorative, Intellection.

The first 3 are very accurate. Restorative and intellection seem like stretches.

Ida

Looked into it a bit more... maybe based on the results, I should consider 8 as a core type? maybe 8w7? Thoughts?

á´…eparted

passages
Not taking a test that costs money. Reading the list though, I'd guess my top 5 would be:

1. Communication
2. Focus
3. Restorative
4. Arranger
5. Command

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I took a random free version and translated it and here's what I got

1.Learner- People with the Student talent have a great desire to learn and continuously improve; the process of learning, rather than the outcome, engages them.

2.Intellection- People with the Thinker or Reasoner talent are characterized by their intellectual activity: introspective with an appreciation of intellectual discussions.

3.Ideation- People with the Solutions Finder talent are fascinated by ideas. They are able to find connections between seemingly disparate phenomena.

4.Deliberative- People with the Prudent talent take serious care in making decisions or choices. They can anticipate obstacles.

5.Communication- People with the Presenter talent generally find it easy to put their thoughts into words. They are good conversationalists and communicators.

Seems fiveish. It doesn't sound like a 4 wing though.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Top 6 (from a free version)
1. Ideation
2. Learner
3. Belief
4. Relator (surprising one)
5. Individualization
6. Intellection, Developer and Empathy tied for 6th and close to 5

Sounds pretty INFP, regardless of enneagram.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I took the free one [MENTION=23434]Ida[/MENTION] linked to and then translated.

My top 5 are:
1. Focus
2. Inclusiveness
3. Deliberative
4. Harmony
5. Relator

I think this probably sits well with my enneagram.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
From the free test linked upthread:

Talent (Potential Strength)

1. Solutions Finder (Ideate)
2. Student (Learn)
3. Visionary (Futurist)
4. Fixer (Restore)
5. Presenter (Communicate)

1. Ideate new ways to solve problems. People with the Solutions Finder talent are fascinated by ideas. They are able to find connections between seemingly disparate phenomena.

2. Learn to do things to reduce time to performance. People with the Student talent have a great desire to learn and continuously improve; the process of learning, rather than the outcome, engages them.

3. Envision a better Future. People with the Visionary talent are inspired by the future and what could be, inspiring others with their visions of the future.

4. Restoration and troubleshooting to solve problems. People with the Fixer talent are adept at dealing with problems; their give is to figure out what is wrong and resolving it.

5. Communicate (messages) information. People with the Presenter talent generally find it easy to put their thoughts into words. They are good conversationalists and communicators.

á´…eparted

passages
Well this is what it gave me from the free test (didn't see it until now). I'd say it fits my tritype (1-3-6) pretty damn well. It also sounds kinda 8ish. Looks like it's different from what I guessed for myself.

eOBaBoQ.png

Bottom two (everything else was 50 or higher):

Null

-
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Took this test to get a better understanding of all those strenghts. As a Type 9, I guess it's no wonder I scored very high on Harmony. Competition and Significance also didn't surprise me (maybe indication of my heart type, idk), same as Connectedness (Ni) and Developer (Fe). There's so denying anymore that Te is my weakest function, haha.

My top 5 strenghts turned out to be:
Competition: Compete with others to win.
Connectedness: Connect and unite people & things.
Developer: Develop People's Potential.
Harmony: Harmonize in order to solve conflicts.
Significance: Get Recognition and be in front of others.

And my 3 lowest:
Achiever: Achieve results.
Input: To dig and validate information.
Activator: Activate new Projects.

ElleG

MBTI Type
INJF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a 8w9 sx/so and an INFJ. I think my StrengthsFinder results aligns more with my MBTi than my enneagram.

1) Strategic
2) Input
3) Responsible
4) Learner
5) Connection