• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] What are your favorite FIXES?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
pretty straightforward, what is your favorite fix from each of the centers?

for me
- 2w1: pride and seduction > suffering/feelings of defectiveness or feeling the need to impress others. 4 is overrated as hell (you're unique? great....you also have self esteem issues out the ass). 2w1>2w3 because 2w1 has a classier, more mature, authoritative sort of pride rather than the more histrionic, showboat-y pride of 2w3.
- 7w6 or 6w5: 5 fixers are boring, 6w7 fixers tend to flail all over the place, 7w8 fixers are...well...kinda dick-ish lol
- 1w9: I love core 8s, but 8 fixers are usually too damn reactive for me to handle. 9 fixers strike me as rather spineless/avoidant and 1w2 fixers are a little too crazily moralistic most of the time. 1w9 fixers have a better balance of being assertive while remaining even keel and knowing when you leave a heat-yet-unproductive discussion.

fukuyama

Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
3w4 and 4w3

cp6 and 7w8

8w9

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like my fixes (1w9, 7w6, and 3w4) :)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
7w6, 2w3, 8w9

:D

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
4, 7, 9. No wing preferences.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i like mine the best :shrug:

9w8 seems cooler than 9w1 though.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
3 5 8 ftw baby

Though I tend to end up dating more 6s, I'm all about that 5 (no 7s) either as a core type or just generally in the mix.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

Mane

Permabanned
Gut (Relationship value: Conflict resolution).
9w1s. I have my own 8 fix to deal with, which together with other 8 gut fixes is probably more likely to just escalate. When combined with 1s the dynamic is even worst IME, I react to hurt with anger, they react to anger with self righteousness, meaning they end up justifying whatever has hurt me in the first place. 9s on the other hand have the wonderful ability to disarm me, which is great, as long as I can still bring about whatever the problem was in a calmer more thoughtful state of mind later. 9w8s tend to do so more passive aggressively and will likely blow out later, it kind of feels like they are too afraid to go full 8 gut fix. 9w1s on the other hand will stand up to me when something I do bothers them, which is important to me, and will do so in a calm and more principled manner.

Heart (Relationship value: Unknown).
This one I am struggling with the most, and the least certain about. All heart fixes are dishonest with themselves in some manner, it's what shame is about in the first place. 2s about why they do what they do "for others", and in this context I happen to be others. 3s care more about the image you have of them then about you, 4s generate the miss attribution error to themselves faster then a Toyota factory production line. I really don't know.

Head (Relationship value: Brainstorming).
5w6s. This time not due to a process of elimination, 7s are a bit too close to home but 6w5s and 6w7s can be awesome people. I just prefer 5w6s, possibly because they represent my growth point, but I have an overall positive experience, with some of the best mind melding conversations in my life going on between me and 5w6s. IME 5w4s prefer using their accumulated information to exclude themselves from the flock, while 5w6s tend to try to use it to prove themselves worthy of it, meaning the 5w4s tend to be critical of society as if distanced from itself while the 5w6s will have observations on society as it applies to the self.

Daydreaming Swan

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
FAVORITES

4w3

5, no wing preferences

9, no wing preferences

LEAST FAVORITES

2, wing doesn't matter

7w8

1w2
8w7

Last edited:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Damn your name, now I have a hankering for some hummus :offtopic:

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm pretty fond of 6w7. I feel like it accurately sums up my inner struggle between wanting consistency and adventure simultaneously.

aetherabove

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3 (I'm a core 4 who doesn't know her wing yet, but I really wish I were a 4w3 more than a 4w5)
1w9
2w1

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like the idea of 7. I wish I could be a 4w7.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I sometimes wish I was a 9w1. Though it is in my tritype.

Lunar Light

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Heart:
None of them really. I'm so often attracted to 4-fixers of either wing, but it can be difficult to work with. I like talking to more mature/self-aware 2s, but overall this is generally a hit or miss, and I don't really understand/like 2 in most Fe types. Admire 3s and their drive, and appreciate the ones I know, but not really something I prefer.

Head:
Favorite - 6w7, 7w6. These types feel very familiar to me and I identify with both (having quite a few pseudo-7 traits). They tend to be more distracted, searching for something to alleviate their different forms of anxiety (whether they are fully aware of such behavior in themselves or not). Tendency toward having a sort of deep inner hope, even in difficult times, which I appreciate.

Decent - 6w5 and 7w8. I feel like I get to see different approaches/patterns in my core type and gain insight into 5 from people who are more conventionally approachable. 7w8 is interesting, but can come across as a bit pushy, "aggressive" in less developed people (not necessarily toward others, but toward attaining desires).

Least favorite - both 5w4 and 5w6. Nothing against these types at all. I just usually find myself intimidated by them and find it more difficult to communicate with them because I don't really get where they're coming from, beyond a theoretical level. I'm not good with withdrawn types :C.

Gut:
Favorite: 8w9 and 1w2. I often find that our views cross paths, though stem from different places. I appreciate the directness I see in both these types and active desire for justice.

Decent: 8w7 and 1w9. 8w7 I can find a little too aggressive/belligerent in demeanor/tone, and 1w9 a little too reserved/detached.

Least favorite: both 9w1 and 9w8. I appreciate both, but feel like they're not involved enough and don't quite understand how they can shut off the outside world.