• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] My tritype?

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would focus on figuring out the core type first and then go for tritype. Tests are unreliable. Enneagram core can only really be found by understanding one's core motivations in life, which is the easiest via introspection. Few people can read a description and go "that's me" and it's the right type.

DreamBeliever

Soooo... what's my TRITYPE??

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
Freedom, expression, love, kindness, compassion, intensity, passion, connection, fun, excitment, new experiences.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
I used to want to be famous when I was younger, I want to have a big & beautiful house of my own that I can decorate, I'd like to have a sports car, be a mom, travel the world, own my own restaurant, have my own clothing line, write a book, create my own TV show/movie/play, start my own charity, & learn how to play a couple more instruments.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I don't want to be bored with life. I don't want to feel stuck in a dead end repetitive job. I don't want to be in a rut. I don't want to be miserable or alone.
I'm strongly against any kind of abuse, & I believe in encouragement & letting people be themselves without putting too many restraints on them.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
Not being good enough. Not being able to make it out in the real world by myself. Not acheiving enough with my life. Being consumed with stress.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
As insightful, strong willed, caring, fun, funny, laid back, truthful & honest, smart, bubbly, cheerful, generous.
Wise, sweet, sensitive, soulful, tough, humorous, giddy, thoughtful, giving, fun, exciting, deep, different, & hippie-ish.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
When I have a lot of fun activities going on, when I'm around good people that bring out the real me, when I look good (make-up, hair, clothes), when I'm peaceful & not worrying about anything, when I'm helping other people with their problems & giving advice.
Not having anything to do, having no good friends around, being around negative people, having loads of work to do & being so far behind it's impossibly to catch up, looking like a mess.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
a) Usually when I'm angry I get somewhat violent, I'll even throw things when I'm really angry. Holding in things for too long is what usually causes this.
b) I get shame from my poor choices. If I feel really embarrassed, I'll just lay in bed & not want to do anything. It's like I never want to have to face people again.
c) When I get really nervous I actually physically shake. There's a lot of different things that bring out my anxiety, it's hard to explain.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
a) Feeling trapped, being overwhelmed, & having to deal with negative people makes me stressed. I'll act out, try to distract myself, or just completely give up & retreat.
b) I'll be happy if it's good change & upset if it's bad change. That's really it.
c) I usually just tell people off if they try to start arguments or fights with me or my friends/family.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
a) I'm pretty anti-authoritative. I don't naturally give people respect. They have to respect me first before I can respect them.
b) It'd be great to be a powerful person, but I don't like when people use power over people in a bad way or abuse their position.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
I think there's a lot of people in need, & people should try to help & be tolerant towards people & try to make the world a better place. Life is short, so it should be lived to the fullest.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm going with 2w3, 6w7/7w6, 9w1

DreamBeliever

[MENTION=24643]Frosty6226[/MENTION] [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] [MENTION=23115]BadOctopus[/MENTION]
Well, since all our names have been guessed in the "Guess the first name of the poster above you" thread, any of you guys want to help me figure out my enneagram type? I could use the help! lol

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I see 7 everywhere. Beyond that I'm not sure.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree with [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]. Maybe so/sx for instinctual variants? Or sp/sx. But I'm guessing here.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=24321]DreamBeliever[/MENTION] 7w6, 2w3, 9w8.

Maybe so/sp or sp/so.

DreamBeliever

Personal Concepts
1. What is beauty? What is love?
Beauty is something pleasing, special, awe inspiring, or wonderful to behold in either the physical world, the mind, or the spirit. It transcends the ordinary. It can even seem rare, in some ways. However, beauty can be found in lots of places. There's beauty in architecture, in a field of flowers, in a painting in a museum, & in a good conversation with your best friend.
Love is something that should be unconditional. It's excepting what someone else feels or doesn't feel, what they think or don't think, & letting them be themselves, even if you get into disagreements. It's being there through the hard times & having their back. It's the feeling of hope & encouragement for someone else. It's being there to try to comfort, cheer them up, or provide a listening ear. It's not judging someone, understanding & appreciating how unique they are, & not trying to change them. It should bring out the best in others.

2. What are your most important values?
Not judging or harming other people in any way, volunteering your time & resources to people in need, not controlling others & letting people live the way they want, having the freedom to make up your own mind & doing what you want in life, & seeking justice for people.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
I definitely believe in God. I'd call myself a Christian, but I don't follow church teachings too closely, except trying to treat other people nice. I don't like the idea of church that much. I love learning about a lot of different religions, though. I've even been interested in past life theory. I believe in God, because it gives me something to look forward to, with the idea of an after life, & makes me feel like I'm never alone, & there's always someone there to listen no matter what. I'm not very religious, but I think I'm very spiritual.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
I wish neither war or militaries even had to exist. I wish the world could be peaceful all on it's own, & there would be no need for force & intimidation to try to smooth things over between countries. I think it's extremely sad how many people die all around the world, because of these senseless acts of violence. It seems like, unfortunately, the go to way to impose your ideology unto another region.
Power is having some sort of control, recognition, or sense of worth over someone else or a group of people. It can be a result of being a public figure, a leader, having lots of money, being famous, or coming from a well known family. This position can be used for good or bad.

Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
So many things, I don't even know where to begin. Life in general, personality type theory (lol), conspiracy theories (couple friends are big into it, so it's fun), relationships, feelings, school, hard times in life, etc.
My interest are all over the place. I love music, a lot of shows & movies, theater, writing, acquiring knew knowledge, traveling, sports, trying to understand people better, researching topics I find interesting, etc.
I just like experiencing what life has to offer & trying to make sense of it.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
Health, yes, but not medicine. I like talking about food, recipes, & healthy eating, along with things like exercising. I like talking about the benefits of foods & working out.
I'm focused on my body looking good, feeling good, & keeping my heart healthy.

7. What do you think of daily chores?
They're boring, but I try to put some music on while doing them & make them fun. I mean, I want clean clothes & dishes, so that requires me to wash them.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
I've only watched TV shows lately. I do love the Harry Potter movies, the Home Alone movies, Adam Sandler's movies, & Robin Williams' movies a lot.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
Sad scenes in shows/movies, disappointments in life, bad situations, being stressed, feeling unappreciated, feeling used, feeling bored, etc.
Having fun with friends/family, meeting random nice people, feeling relaxed, etc.
I don't know. The feelings just wash over me.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
I like walking park trails with friends. I just feel at one when I have some down time to truly relax & unwind & not have to focus on anything else.

Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
Ironically my temper, my overly giving nature, I can be too laid back, & my intensity, because it can be too much at times.
The same as above. My sensitivity, too.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
My enthusiasm, my generosity, my understanding, my fun & easy going nature, my compassion, & my strong will.
Everything above, plus I think I'm really smart, funny, & genuine.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
Figuring out my future & being more consistent.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
Yes, when every aspect of my life is tanking. I hate feeling like I'm moving backwards or at a halt, instead of moving forward. Especially, when I'm drowning in school work. I start lashing out, seeking distractions, getting very disorganized, never on time to anything, skipping going places I need to, etc.

People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
Empathy, liveliness, a sense of adventure, a sense of humor, a calming presence, etc.
I dislike rude people, fake people, & people that complain a lot.
I get along with any types that don't infringe on my freedom & aren't bossy & try to control me.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
The same qualities I seek in friends.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
That they can express themselves, that they can come to me with any problem, & that they feel happy. That's all I would be able to ask from them. I wouldn't have standards that they have to meet. I would mold myself to fit what they need.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
I would just like to pick their brain about it. I would be more interested in why they think/feel that way.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
I'm part of a bigger whole but also an individual.
People judging others with preconceived notions.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
It seems that they usually choose me. No certain way. Just start talking, exchange numbers, ask to hangout, & continue to.
Depends on what friend & what we're doing.

21. How do you behave around strangers?
Polite.

DreamBeliever

Here's another questionnaire. Thought it might help clear up my enneagram, instinctual variant, mbti, socionics, & all that.

DreamBeliever

[MENTION=16405]Entropic[/MENTION] I haven't really interacted with you on here, but I've seen you post quite a bit in this section, & was wondering if you could offer up a suggestion on my type with the questionnaires above?

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=24321]DreamBeliever[/MENTION] For starters, I would definitely rule out any Thinking type. So we've narrowed it down to eight types right there! :)

You seem more extroverted to me. But introversion might still be a possibility. How do you feel after lots of socializing? Lots of alone time? You've mentioned a lot of people-based activity for comfort and belonging, and I think you mentioned earlier that you don't like being alone, so this leads me more to E. But again, I don't know.

Type 2 and 7 are both very obvious to me. I guess you're either 7w6 or 2w3. I'm sticking with either sp/so or so/sp. I don't know if you're Fe or Fi, because type 2 sort of comes off as Fe.

Ultimately though, I would just look into the functions and explore yourself and the type theories. It's your personality after all. :)

DreamBeliever

[MENTION=24321]DreamBeliever[/MENTION] For starters, I would definitely rule out any Thinking type. So we've narrowed it down to eight types right there! :)

You seem more extroverted to me. But introversion might still be a possibility. How do you feel after lots of socializing? Lots of alone time? You've mentioned a lot of people-based activity for comfort and belonging, and I think you mentioned earlier that you don't like being alone, so this leads me more to E. But again, I don't know.

Type 2 and 7 are both very obvious to me. I guess you're either 7w6 or 2w3. I'm sticking with either sp/so or so/sp. I don't know if you're Fe or Fi, because type 2 sort of comes off as Fe.

Ultimately though, I would just look into the functions and explore yourself and the type theories. It's your personality after all. :)

It really depends on who I'm socializing with. I like groups to be a max of maybe 5 people. I don't mind spending all day with 2 good friends. I don't like going places by myself, really, so it's nice for me to drag friends along to places. I do value my alone time, too. Anywhere between 30 minutes to 6 hours of alone time a day could be fine with me (maybe less in school, just because of sitting in class all day makes me want to go work out with someone & grab a bite to eat with someone). I could get very irritable if I don't get a good hour or 2 to myself a day, on the whole, for too long. I like the down time to think inside my head, watch some TV by myself without interruptions, & whatever else I feel like doing.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
It really depends on who I'm socializing with. I like groups to be a max of maybe 5 people. I don't mind spending all day with 2 good friends. I don't like going places by myself, really, so it's nice for me to drag friends along to places. I do value my alone time, too. Anywhere between 30 minutes to 6 hours of alone time a day could be fine with me (maybe less in school, just because of sitting in class all day makes me want to go work out with someone & grab a bite to eat with someone). I could get very irritable if I don't get a good hour or 2 to myself a day, on the whole, for too long. I like the down time to think inside my head, watch some TV by myself without interruptions, & whatever else I feel like doing.

You sound a bit like me in some of these respects. :) I think you sound pretty ambiverted, but I'd probably still lean towards extroversion. You say after school you'd rather go out with friends, which seems more extroverted. After school, I'm beat, so I lounge on the computer for a couple hours. And extroverts need their down time, too. :)
So I would consider the extroverted and feeling types.
But again, only you can really know for sure. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, I only now realize how many smilies I put in there.

DreamBeliever

You sound a bit like me in some of these respects. :) I think you sound pretty ambiverted, but I'd probably still lean towards extroversion. You say after school you'd rather go out with friends, which seems more extroverted. After school, I'm beat, so I lounge on the computer for a couple hours. And extroverts need their down time, too. :)
So I would consider the extroverted and feeling types.
But again, only you can really know for sure. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, I only now realize how many smilies I put in there.

Thanks! Smilies are good. :)

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
@DreamBeliever I really am not a strong proponent for tritype over first figuring out one's enneatype core because I find that usually it's the core that really matters and everything else including wings, instincts and tritype are flavors in order to distinguish why I'm not quite the same like everyone else of this type. Furthermore, I'm not that good at enneagram-typing and after really deepening my understanding of the theory, I'm also not very prone towards suggesting tritypes as a whole. I read through your OP before and I felt that I couldn't really place what you write in any specific type, so I'll just ask some questions because type is ultimately not about what we do, but why we do what we do:

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
Freedom, expression, love, kindness, compassion, intensity, passion, connection, fun, excitment, new experiences.

What do these values mean to you? Specifically in this case freedom, fun, excitement, passion and new experiences? Why do you seek them? I think that a lot of people thought type 7 because they were getting off these buzzes, forgetting that people can value these things for a wide variety of reasons unrelated to type 7. I'm an 8w9 and one of my most esteemed values is freedom.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
I used to want to be famous when I was younger, I want to have a big & beautiful house of my own that I can decorate, I'd like to have a sports car, be a mom, travel the world, own my own restaurant, have my own clothing line, write a book, create my own TV show/movie/play, start my own charity, & learn how to play a couple more instruments.

Ok, first of all, what I think about here is that you seem to be an Se type in the MBTI, though I realize this is unrelated to the enneagram. Secondly, I think you got a strong sp instinct in there, mostly due to the bolded. I'd wager sp/sx or sx/sp for you. Thirdly, why do you want to do all these things? What do you hope to accomplish? What drives you towards seeking out these particular experiences over other experiences?

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I don't want to be bored with life. I don't want to feel stuck in a dead end repetitive job. I don't want to be in a rut. I don't want to be miserable or alone.
I'm strongly against any kind of abuse, & I believe in encouragement & letting people be themselves without putting too many restraints on them.

The part in bolded, if I had to type this unrelated to everything else, sounds very 6, a bit more on the 6w7 end. Ultimately though, again, why do you dread these things? Why would you want to avoid them? The second sentence sounds very Fi.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
Not being good enough. Not being able to make it out in the real world by myself. Not acheiving enough with my life. Being consumed with stress.

Sounds extremely head-type related. Especially both 6 and 7 struggle with a feeling of not quite being enough, that there's a sense of not being strong enough to survive the big world outside. The part in bolded, especially when studied unrelated to everything else, seems extremely 6, showing how type 6 is connected to type 3, thinking that security will come through accomplishment. Again, however, why do you fear these things?

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
As insightful, strong willed, caring, fun, funny, laid back, truthful & honest, smart, bubbly, cheerful, generous.
Wise, sweet, sensitive, soulful, tough, humorous, giddy, thoughtful, giving, fun, exciting, deep, different, & hippie-ish.

Why these things? What do they mean to you?

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
When I have a lot of fun activities going on, when I'm around good people that bring out the real me, when I look good (make-up, hair, clothes) 1, when I'm peaceful & not worrying about anything 2, when I'm helping other people with their problems & giving advice. 3
Not having anything to do, having no good friends around, being around negative people, having loads of work to do & being so far behind it's impossibly to catch up, looking like a mess.

1. Seems like a very much a sensor and also sx concern, especially with how sx pairs with sensation.

2. I'm again more inclined to lean towards type 6 reading this, as 7s tend to be more out of touch with their inner anxiety compared to 6s. 5s tend to also not be as aware of their anxiety as 6s. Which is to say, worrying in itself and having worries is not explicit or unique to type 6, but worry does tend to be more typical an issue of the head center, because head types try to solve problems by thinking about them. Specifically in the case of 6s, their thinking is an attempt to problem-shoot by understanding the worst that can happen and in such a way allow themselves to prepare. 6s tend to don a stance of always preparing for the worst and this can cause them a lot of worry because they possess an inherent bias leaning towards negative outcomes; as such, they believe everything will always turn out the worst way possible and it causes anxiety and worry because it makes them feel like they can't get through it. Especially during times of stress, a lot of focus goes towards their sense performance because they inherently think that if they just perform the best (and this can give a lot of 6s a very perfectionistic streak), they can overcome these worst case scenarios e.g. if studying for a exam they are utterly convinced that they have not studied enough due to say, procrastinating on the issue earlier. This results in believing that they will fail and so in order to make up for this they believe that they have to score 100% on it or they won't pass and they know that this is of course not possible since the worst case scenario is that they fail. Because they also believe that they will fail, this obviously causes a lot of worry because they begin to see how these events connect to other events that will make it difficult to survive e.g. poor grades will result in a more difficult time to get a job or what have you and without a job they can't survive because they aren't making money etc.

3. The final sentence reminds me of something my ESFP 6w5 sx/sp girlfriend tends to be concerned about as well. She often and easily gets bored though I wouldn't say that it per se worries her that there's nothing to do, but she is definitely concerned about not having friends because 6s fear being abandoned. Being too far behind so it's impossible to catchup is probably something that would concern most people no matter what type they are, though for 6s this can again cause a lot of stress because it connects to type 3 and their sense of needing to perform more and more which is not very healthy for them. Looking like a mess seems more like an sx and sensory concern, perhaps also with sp, depending on why this is a concern.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
a) Usually when I'm angry I get somewhat violent, I'll even throw things when I'm really angry. Holding in things for too long is what usually causes this.
b) I get shame from my poor choices. If I feel really embarrassed, I'll just lay in bed & not want to do anything. It's like I never want to have to face people again.
c) When I get really nervous I actually physically shake. There's a lot of different things that bring out my anxiety, it's hard to explain.

On a), this is another pointer why I think you may be a sensation and specifically an Se type. However, you don't really write about what you think about anger, how it makes you feel, how you react to it, what makes you angry and why. If you want a tritype typing, we need to know more than how you behave. Why are you angry? What things make you angry? How do you think and feel about anger?

On b), what kinds of poor choices?

On c), can you at least try? What makes you anxious and why?

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
a) Feeling trapped, being overwhelmed, & having to deal with negative people makes me stressed. I'll act out, try to distract myself, or just completely give up & retreat.
b) I'll be happy if it's good change & upset if it's bad change. That's really it.
c) I usually just tell people off if they try to start arguments or fights with me or my friends/family.

On a), what do you mean by feeling trapped and overwhelmed? Why do you give up and retreat?

On b), can you be more specific? Is there for example a recent life event that you thought of?

On c), again, this seems like Se to me. Why do you tell people off? What do you say or think? Why do you say or think those things?

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
a) I'm pretty anti-authoritative. I don't naturally give people respect. They have to respect me first before I can respect them.
b) It'd be great to be a powerful person, but I don't like when people use power over people in a bad way or abuse their position.

On a), why?

On b), why?

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
I think there's a lot of people in need, & people should try to help & be tolerant towards people & try to make the world a better place. Life is short, so it should be lived to the fullest.

The bolded part seems a little 7ish to think. Otherwise it just sounds very Fi as a sentiment. Why do you think life is short and it should be lived to its fullest?

DreamBeliever

[MENTION=24567]Kensei[/MENTION] Take a guess at mine, too? mbti/socionics/enneagram (any one or all). I have 2 questionnaires filled out here, so take both in account.