• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Everyone thinks they're w8.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
:huh:

Perhaps you made a typo or something, because this post makes absolutely no sense.

:huh:

8s are individualists, so are 4s.

4s act more like 1s when they are at their best, and drive to make the world better which comes with 1ness can easily be mistaken for the drive to take the world by storm which is 8ness.

8s and 4s are the two most emotionally charged types.

There's probably even more similarities than this, it's easy to understand why a 4 would think they have an 8 wing when actually they're just healthy 4s.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
8s are individualists, so are 4s.

4s act more like 1s when they are at their best, and drive to make the world better which comes with 1ness can easily be mistaken for the drive to take the world by storm which is 8ness.

8s and 4s are the two most emotionally charged types.

There's probably even more similarities than this, it's easy to understand why a 4 would think they have an 8 wing when actually they're just healthy 4s.

I is cun-fuse-ed... Is you be thinking that you is an eight, and that eights be special and all, and thens you be pissed because you ain't wanna share your specialness with anybodys?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I have an 8 wing... I also have a 1 wing... I'm special :smile:

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Murkrow, I think what Captain Chick is saying is that most people are aware that the wing has to be adjacent to the basic type in enneagram. Granted like you, I have seen others purport their being some wing that is not adjacent to the basic type, i.e., 5w8, 3w5, etc. Those people are oblivious to the basic principles of the enneagram. I think your lead-in post was misleading to readers that a large numbr of people were claiming to be wing 8s which is not the case. I see most people on the forum claiming wings 4,5,6 which coincides with the majority of types on this forum.

T

ThatGirl

Uhhh...I just took the enneagram test last night. I scored highest on 1 then second on 8 then I believe third on 5. I assumed that meant 1w8 but I guess not.

Don't really care though because enneagram is more of a mood not a way of life. I am incredibly idiosyncratic in the results of that test.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Uhhh...I just took the enneagram test last night. I scored highest on 1 then second on 8 then I believe third on 5. I assumed that meant 1w8 but I guess not.

Don't really care though because enneagram is more of a mood not a way of life. I am incredibly idiosyncratic in the results of that test.
This is my point exactly. People like MBTI dichotomies (not Jung's cognitive functions) because it provides simplicity and no real need to dig deeper. It is rare that your test results will show high on either wing. As an E9 sp/so, w8 and w1 are some of my lowest scores. I think that wings are redundant anyhow since they only repeat your variant stacking. Similar to those who put emphasis on the non-essentials of dichotomies such as J/P in MBTI, determining wings in enneagram is no more worth while.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
This thread could not be more transparent.

IlyaK1986

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Type 1 Type 2 Type 3 Type 4 Type 5 Type 6 Type 7 Type 8 Type 9
2 -2 8 -8 4 2 0 5 -11

The Nine Personality Types of the Enneagram
Type 1: The Reformer. The rational, idealistic type. (Rational yes, idealistic when it comes to some issues.)
Type 2: The Helper. The caring, nurturing type. (Screw that. Get up, get out, seize your own opportunities.)
Type 3: The Motivator. The adaptable, success-oriented type. (Success-oriented? Yes.)
Type 4: The Artist. The intuitive, reserved type. (No.)
Type 5: The Thinker. The perceptive, cerebral type. (What other way is there to solve problems?)
Type 6: The Skeptic. The committed, security-oriented type. (Not really.)
Type 7: The Generalist. The enthusiastic, productive type. (Thought I'd score higher here)
Type 8: The Leader. The powerful, aggressive type. (Definitely)
Type 9: The Peacemaker. The easygoing, accommodating type. (NO. Screw that. I am not to be pushed around.)

Terian

MBTI Type
NeTi
I really don't identify much with w8. I'm more of a 3/5 person. I don't know which one is dominant, but those are my strongest types.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Surely I sound like an 8 more than you, mr. I wish I was gay. So, let me be the wing I want, mr I-dress-emo-and-want-my-gf-to-be-emo-too.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I also don't subscribe to this "any wing" notion. The types are designed to blend into one another at their closest point, which is always clockwise or counterclockwise on the circle, not all the way across the center of the enneagram to the other side.

Interesting point about w8 though; I've never noticed a promulgation of w8's on the 'net but I'm new to this particular forum...

4w5

frenchkiss

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
I thought everybody wanted to be a 4 because they're the "deepest."

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
but 7s are the funnest! :tongue:

I'd happily be a 7w6 instead of a 7w8- they're funnier and less likely to get shot in a traffic altercation :doh:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
but 7s are the funnest! :tongue:

I'd happily be a 7w6 instead of a 7w8- they're funnier and less likely to get shot in a traffic altercation :doh:

ahahahahah

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
the 9 types aren't evenly balanced, more people might tend to be one more then another

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i think it would be interesting to do a comparison of MBTI type and Enneagram. i have seen some sites try and "match them" or "predict".... its not like they cited a statistically analyzed paper or anything (chi square maybe?) so who the f*** knows.... main point:

I wonder if some MBTI types have more enneagram variation than others...

I do see a slight trend with 7s for ENXP and even sometimes ENTJ....but then again ive seen sites match up 7 with ISTP!

just looking at the ENFPs in this thead and on this board: some 7w8s, 7w6s, some 4's, some 2s, 9w1, and 3's etc....

I think i am 7w8. I have had times in my life when I was told that I was 4 over the internet...but that was when I was extremely stressed. My default and most natural state seems to be a more creative 7 type....and then I definitely have a "juggernaut mode" which i associate with the "w8"... its the part of me that wants to conquer the world every now n then :devil: