• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Do you enjoy making decisions? (6

Do you enjoy making decisions? (6)

• Total voters

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I hate making decisions. I endlessly analyze each option and never ever feel confident. I worry about the possible negative outcomes of each decision, and really would rather stay with what I know and not move forward. Moving forward is very scary. That said, there is a streak of curiosity in me, and I will move forward if I believe somebody has my back and will protect me, and I will do my best to protect them. This is probably a 6 issue. That said, I have a big series of decisions coming up, but that is for another thread.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Do I enjoy making decisions?

It depends on the decision.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I hate making decisions. I endlessly analyze each option and never ever feel confident. I worry about the possible negative outcomes of each decision, and really would rather stay with what I know and not move forward. Moving forward is very scary. That said, there is a streak of curiosity in me, and I will move forward if I believe somebody has my back and will protect me, and I will do my best to protect them. This is probably a 6 issue. That said, I have a big series of decisions coming up, but that is for another thread.

Try not caring so much. Sounds silly, but if you can get into the mentality of 'it's all a game', then you will start feeling more comfortable 'taking shots' instead of whatever you're doing now . . .

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The only types of decisions I enjoy feel unconscious and automatic and are typically aesthetic in nature.

I tend to make decisions quickly at times when I want to just get it over with. There are a lot of times I should do more "due diligence" when deciding financial and pragmatic things, but I just can't stand it. My brain won't hold very many details, so i get overwhelmed more quickly than average on decisions that require comparing many varied, external details.

I do enjoy choosing which earrings to wear in the morning and which notes to play when improvising with someone else, but I don't deliberate much. It's safe to go with whatever feels right, so it's freeing. Choosing a phone plan, computer model, type of car, etc. is extremely unpleasant to me.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I have no problem making decisions. They aren't always easy - they aren't suppose to be so I make the best, most informed ones I can.

LonestarCowgirl

I enjoy it. I was raised to have integrity and take pride in all that I am and in all that I do; including the way I treat people. Fe may not be my strongest function, but I try! Consequently, I have a low tolerance for when others don't try and there's bad decision-making and disrespectful behavior involved that encroaches on my boundaries or the boundaries of others.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Try not caring so much. Sounds silly, but if you can get into the mentality of 'it's all a game', then you will start feeling more comfortable 'taking shots' instead of whatever you're doing now . . .
Yes, it does sound silly. It sounds dangerous, too. What if I make a decision that makes it to where I am unable to afford food or shelter? It helps if I can consult others when decision making, but I also have to be on the lookout for those who conspire against me.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I enjoy it. I was raised to have integrity and take pride in all that I am and in all that I do; including the way I treat people. Fe may not be my strongest function, but I try! Consequently, I have a low tolerance for when others don't try and there's bad decision-making and disrespectful behavior involved that encroaches on my boundaries or the boundaries of others.

I love you. I suppose that though I value what you just said, I have doubt in myself.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
There is no emotion involved in most of my decision making. For example: I just changed the channel on the TV. No joy or sadness whatsoever.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes, it does sound silly. It sounds dangerous, too. What if I make a decision that makes it to where I am unable to afford food or shelter? It helps if I can consult others when decision making, but I also have to be on the lookout for those who conspire against me.

In a modern society, that outcome is impossible unless you are on hard drugs. Your last sentence sounds paranoid. Trust me, I'm not conspiring against you, I don't even know you.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In a modern society, that outcome is impossible unless you are on hard drugs. Your last sentence sounds paranoid. Trust me, I'm not conspiring against you, I don't even know you.

Yes, we must help those in need, but we must also be mindful of those who might take advantage of us. Many people will trample others for their own agenda, and while I will never do that (at least knowingly), I am aware that many potential allies are enemies in disguise. I must be eternally vigilant as I move forward spreading the ideal of infinite compassion, as there are those who do not share my ideals.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There is no emotion involved in most of my decision making. For example: I just changed the channel on the TV. No joy or sadness whatsoever.

Good point, though don't you feel upset you can only watch one thing and not two or three?

- - - Updated - - -

Good point, though don't you feel upset you can only watch one thing and not two or three?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Hard drugs... I avoid those. As a matter of fact, I see little use for any drug outside those that heal me when I am ill and caffeine. I really like caffeine to level out my moods.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes, we must help those in need, but we must also be mindful of those who might take advantage of us. Many people will trample others for their own agenda, and while I will never do that (at least knowingly), I am aware that many potential allies are enemies in disguise. I must be eternally vigilant as I move forward spreading the ideal of infinite compassion, as there are those who do not share my ideals.

I think that most people are indifferent. It seems unlikely that many people are interested in being either allies or enemies. The world is indifferent, and occasionally mildly caring. The world is unchangeable by human means.

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
Honestly, there isn't just one answer for this one. Normally I would narrow it down, but sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad to make decisions. It depends on who you are and what you choose.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hard drugs... I avoid those. As a matter of fact, I see little use for any drug outside those that heal me when I am ill and caffeine. I really like caffeine to level out my moods.

Then you will never drop to the bottom. There are countless charitable institutions designed to help people get back on their feet. Only when they can't be helped do they stay homeless.

Therefore feel free to take risks!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I freaking love making decisions. It is the best thing ever.