• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Still haven't found what I'm looking for.

Miguelito

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm completely new on here and have been researching MBTI and the Enneagram for the last little while. I have taken a few tests and been typed 7w8 bar once where I was 4w3. It seems I end up 7w8 4w3 8w7 on all the tests bar that one I've done (which was 4w3 7w8 8w7). My instinct stacks are sx/so.
I have been unable to find many, if any descriptions for what this all means and so am looking for any form of enlightenment. I am also an MBTI ENFP.

What would such typings look like? Generically speaking.
7w8 sx/so

My apologies for such a self centred post.
Thanks for taking the time to read it, I appreciate any and all responses.

Miguelito.

Cygnus

so-7s are hippies. They're the most lighthearted of their enneatype, all fluffy and easygoing. The Social function makes one more inclined to focus on the greater good rather than themselves. Social-lasts, as a result, often have undeveloped perceptions of purpose in life and have the tendency to run in circles.
sx-7s are tougher and have the potential to be a bit meaner and less easygoing. The Sexual function is all about obsession over one specific priority, competition, and achievement. It's a bit darker of a function and has the potential to be misanthropic. Sexuals desire intensity.
I don't really know much about sp-7s. sp-firsts tend to have a lot more potential for anger. sp-lasts go through life without a foundation or grounding.

sx/so is the "cultural revolutionary" stacking, with a focus on using its Sexual intensity-seeking and obsessive tendencies to create dramatic social change.
so/sx is more focused on protecting the ideal of the "greatter good" with its Sexual instinct as only a means to this end.

sx/so is also a Contra-flow stacking which means its tendencies are toward misanthropy and a negative outlook on humanity. so/sx is Syn-flow which is the opposite. Contra is destroying, Syn is creating.

Syn-flow functional stackings
sp --> so --> sx --> sp

Contra-flow
sp --> sx --> so --> sp

Regarding 7w8 vs. 7w6, 7 and 8 are both Id-types while 6 is a Superego-type. 7w8s will attempt to defend their territory and assert their boundaries longer than 7w6s. 7w6s are more likely to pull out, 7w8s will persist until it hurts them.

Miguelito

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks for replying, I appreciate it.
Nice gardevoir.

It's very interesting, I must admit I understand MBTI better than enneagram, hence why I delving into it.
I can see what you mean about sx so in myself. While I am generally laid back and easy going, I am more so with individuals than society as a whole.

It seems 7s with sx so are quite similar to 4s then

Anyone else who wishes to chip in please do. :D

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Thanks for replying, I appreciate it.
Nice gardevoir.

It's very interesting, I must admit I understand MBTI better than enneagram, hence why I delving into it.
I can see what you mean about sx so in myself. While I am generally laid back and easy going, I am more so with individuals than society as a whole.

It seems 7s with sx so are quite similar to 4s then

Anyone else who wishes to chip in please do. :D

The sexual 7 is the dreamy, hedonistic, and adventurous type. It should also be noted that many comedians are sexual 7's. The social 7 is what most people think the enneagram 2 is. Social 7's are out there to help people, and to change the world and make it a better place. The Sx/so 7 is one of the most conflicted types out there. With these people, one minute they will be talking about going out and partying, and next minute they may be something like a Holy Christian or something and tell you about all of the sins that you are committing. The funny thing is that they usually don't mean to be hypocritical, it's just that sexual 7 is a very id personality, and social 7 is a very super-ego personality, and it creates quite a clash within the same personality.

However, don't confuse the sx 7 with the self-pres 7. The self-pres 7 is very id and is all about getting money and worldly possessions. When I think of the typical sp 7, I think of like a con artist, a fast talker, a pimp, or a car salesman; sp 7's are often crooks sadly. The sp/sx 7 is very worldly and is all about getting money, they also tend to be very sly and crafty as well. However they after often very much party people as well, are often into their looks, they tend to be very energetic, and they tend to have ADD. A good example of a sp/sx 7 is Snoop Dogg. The Sp/so 7 often does not look like a 7, but instead looks like a 3 on the outside. Their sp variant is very much into getting money and materialistic possessions. However, their secondary social instinct is all about changing the world and making it look like a better place. Sp/so 7's are very easy to spot; whenever you see a guy that is talking about how much he cares about helping people, changing lives, and making the world a better place, but yet you can tell he doesn't give a damn about that, and is doing it just to make a quick buck, there's a good chance that person is a self-pres/social 7. A good example of a sp/so 7 is Saul Goodman from, "Breaking Bad".

Sexual fours look like a very flamboyant 8. They tend to like power, money, and control like an 8, but they tend to be very flamboyant and have a very interesting style. The male sexual 4's tend to dress in very odd clothes and have a very unique sense of swag, and it can almost seem feminine to some. However, they still come off as a very dominant and often times aggressive personality, and are very obsessed with career success. A perfect example of this type is Pegasus from, Yu-Gi-Oh.

Miguelito

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Awesome!! Thanks for some more info.
I'm a glutton for interesting information.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=22109]Evee[/MENTION]

Yes, I know a lot about sexual 5's. Sexual 5's are twilight mofo's; they are constantly looking for their perfect mate. They are also reclusive but yet intellectual as well. The Sx/so 5 is on a constant search to find true love, but also enjoy institutions such as colleges and whatnot and have a strong will to learn. However, the sx/sp 5's are a very confused type though. The sexual 5's are always looking to find their perfect mate and draw closer and closer to that special someone. However, the self-pres 5's are just the opposite and they tend to be recluses that enjoy their privacy. Sp 5's are very concerned with getting enough money and they tend to be real tightwads with cash. The sp 5's are also very concerned with their own safety as well. Therefore, the sx/sp 5's are one of the most conflicted types on the enneagram; on one hand they want to get closer and closer and be with their lover every second, and on the other, they are pushing their lover away and want to be alone.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
[MENTION=22109]Evee[/MENTION]

Yes, I know a lot about sexual 5's. Sexual 5's are twilight mofo's; they are constantly looking for their perfect mate. They are also reclusive but yet intellectual as well. The Sx/so 5 is on a constant search to find true love, but also enjoy institutions such as colleges and whatnot and have a strong will to learn. However, the sx/sp 5's are a very confused type though. The sexual 5's are always looking to find their perfect mate and draw closer and closer to that special someone. However, the self-pres 5's are just the opposite and they tend to be recluses that enjoy their privacy. Sp 5's are very concerned with getting enough money and they tend to be real tightwads with cash. The sp 5's are also very concerned with their own safety as well. Therefore, the sx/sp 5's are one of the most conflicted types on the enneagram; on one hand they want to get closer and closer and be with their lover every second, and on the other, they are pushing their lover away and want to be alone.

I might be 5, and I test as sp, and I'm on a search for the perfect mate and I'm not a tightwad with cash. But I'm probably not 5 sp after all.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I might be 5, and I test as sp, and I'm on a search for the perfect mate and I'm not a tightwad with cash. But I'm probably not 5 sp after all.

Do you relate to this description....

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Sexual/Self-pres Fives

This subtype has a lot in common the self-pres/sexual instinctual stacking. They experience many of the same internal conflicts surrounding relationships, the need for independence and emotional expression. The sexual/self-pres subtype differs however in being more intense, more counterphobic. They entertain more dark nihilistic ideas, ideas that most others don’t want to consider.

With this subtype, a lot of energy revolves around the issue of boundaries. Sexual/self-pres Fives tend to forge strong connections quickly and deeply, but if they feel betrayed, begin to feel overwhelmed, or if they feel that the connection doesn’t serve their true needs, can seem to cut the connection precipitously and “go cold.” They have high standards for significant others. They must feel that they can share their emotions with a significant other without being judged. This is their private world that they share. Relationships can be difficult, because individuals of this subtype will still want their own space and alone time, while at other times will want intense connection. Because the social instinct is least developed, this subtype is not very concerned with how others perceive them (except their intimates). This subtype is deceptive in that they may not seem to be especially intense - until they are engaged in a conversation they find interesting. Then the intensity and emotion become apparent. The internal struggle for this subtype is similar to that of the self-pres/sexual, but more energized and volatile, and getting to know this subtype means getting to know that.

When unhealthy, the energy of the sexual instinct can combine with the dominant type Five fixation to create a very impulsive Eight-like anger. The strength of their convictions can then come out quite forcefully.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
6w5 9w1 4w5 sp/so/sx

The Sp/so 6w5 is the most phobic 6 of all. They act warm and friendly to disarm confrontation, and they often like to make people feel comfortable around them. They are often very much obsessed with having enough money and enough resources as well. In addition, they also are terrified of things that can harm them. With secondary social, they often find comfort in following the rules very carefully and are often very super-ego as well.