• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tied enneagram scores?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I asked about getting tied results.

Yes, it is entirely possible. However, what test did you take? (please provide link.) There may be better tests that will provide you more insight.

On the whole IN/EN thing...I'm only 11% introverted, and just as narrow on the T/F.

No offense, but by definition, that would make you an extrovert. What makes you self-type as introverted instead?

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you also switching posts around?

I'm running so terribly late which many theorists don't believe is possible for the ENFP 7 but I'm defying the odds somehow. I promise to come ruroback to this. With an interpreter.

Chanaynay is the ENFP 7. And I'm damn good and well the INFJ self preserving 7. If you bring an interpreter, get a PhD. I'm intrigued by you.

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you also switching posts around?

I'm running so terribly late which many theorists don't believe is possible for the ENFP 7 but I'm defying the odds somehow. I promise to come ruroback to this. With an interpreter.

Chanaynay is the ENFP 7. And I'm damn good and well the INFJ self preserving 7. If you bring an interpreter, get a PhD. I'm intrigued by you.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
cm81: IME, it's not uncommon for people to not be able to figure out their enneatype right away. It's not even that uncommon for people to feel fairly certain they are one type- to openly identify with it, often going on tangents about how they see that aspect in themselves, only to later realize they are actually a different type; this is true of both mbti and enneagram. Something that nailed it in for me- and others have made the same claim- is reading through the enneagram description's behaviors under stress. But mostly I think it's just in repeated exposure to the information- sooner or later, one type will resonate the most.

As far as being an e7 INFJ- I'm going to chime in and agree that it's very unlikely. I don't like to say "never" about certain combinations- but I when I hear someone claim to be one of the most unlikely combinations, part of me can't help but suspect they just haven't figured it out yet. It's hard enough to believe from people who have a somewhat thorough mastery of both systems- and can explain exactly why they believe they are that unlikely combination. Even with a convincing understanding of both systems, there's still a good chance their claim will be met with opposition (not because people are being antagonistic, but rather because they're simply trying to make sense of information that doesn't seem likely). So don't take it personally. It actually is a very unlikely combination.

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
cm81: IME, it's not uncommon for people to not be able to figure out their enneatype right away. It's not even that uncommon for people to feel fairly certain they are one type- to openly identify with it, often going on tangents about how they see that aspect in themselves, only to later realize they are actually a different type; this is true of both mbti and enneagram. Something that nailed it in for me- and others have made the same claim- is reading through the enneagram description's behaviors under stress. But mostly I think it's just in repeated exposure to the information- sooner or later, one type will resonate the most.

As far as being an e7 INFJ- I'm going to chime in and agree that it's very unlikely. I don't like to say "never" about certain combinations- but I when I hear someone claim to be one of the most unlikely combinations, part of me can't help but suspect they just haven't figured it out yet. It's hard enough to believe from people who have a somewhat thorough mastery of both systems- and can explain exactly why they believe they are that unlikely combination. Even with a convincing understanding of both systems, there's still a good chance their claim will be met with opposition (not because people are being antagonistic, but rather because they're simply trying to make sense of information that doesn't seem likely). So don't take it personally. It actually is a very unlikely combination.

If I could choose for myself, it I'd have chosen to be an ENFP. A type I admire, and resonate loudly with... but I can't claim to be anything else. I made a mental draft --after having already responded to Starry, and had to leave for a class-- of an analogy for how I feel I'm being misread. Or how the information I'm giving is being read. As a child who tells a story, on paper, of observing a dog. The dog is a "little puppy", it has lots of energy, it likes to bark if you get it excited. The child loves that dog. The paper,for whatever reason, maybe the kid wants to tell the story...maybe they just jotted it down for the sake of getting it out there. Another walks along, never having met that child, probably having never seen that dog, but reads the story. They see the energetic LITTLE dog, and perhaps they envision the bark as a yap (Jack Russell's are excellent candidates for a yapectomy). Maybe they're well read on dog breads. They're certain the dog is a Jack Russell! A good kid dog! But the dog is an Australian Shepard! Not prone to barking, unless it gets excited and feels permitted to "speak". It's certainly a sturdy fellow, that can be said to have boundless energy. But the dog is also prone to retreating until its sense of duty and loyalty calls it back. And it enjoys that structure. And it enjoys the freedom to play..or be left alone once in awhile. The reader has instead imagined a dog that is always energetic, a perception of most children, and therefore the most likely dog. Starry mentioned bringing an interpreter along. I'd suggest a PhD, if it doesn't insult their intelligence. And any good scientist knows you have to compare the results to what is real. Well, in this case, I being a human, who recognizes that I am being misunderstood, and worse, through very limited responses and a parameter that, while, may have some evidence, is still in the grand scheme, very much subjective. The scene in Sixteen Candles comes to mind, when Caroline is drunk:

Jake: That's me.

Caroline: Who are you?

Jake: I'm him.

Caroline: Oh, okay.

Except that I'm quite sober. I do enjoy learning how to improve upon myself, but in order have gotten where I am now, I've had years of introspection and experiences, and intentional personal development. And I've decided to roll with it. If you, or starry feel the need to validate (this is not an attack, it's an invitation, for your own benefit, if it's really that important to you) your thoughts or to build your own understanding of what's possible, then feel free. But you forgot to ask questions! And no one explained anything, or better yet, check back with me to see if I, knowing myself better than anyone, agree with their assumptions. Did they guess it right.... so far, no.

I didn't take these test to find myself; I took them to see if they were right. Again, and I do not like repetition, but for the benefit of someone out there who will be willing to understand, I'll repeat my original question, in better words (I hope). Okay, so I'm rare. REMOVE ME FROM THE EQUATION ENTIRELY for a minute! Is it possible to accurately tie on this test? Especially when my perception lead to have to choose a certain answer, not because I actually agreed with either--fully, or because it was the best fit, but because... what I identify with, or would have done/typically do/think/feel.... wasn't there, and if I was shallow. But for the sake of breaking that tie, retook the test, answering all (letting things slide in order to choose an answer if I could imagine myself not achieving a particular thing on my own merit IN SPITE OF DESIRE to interconnect with others--unless finding them vapid and stalemate while I myself am very much driven) and thus, the 7. I took the test again today, after having a wonderful, calm day and a full nights sleep. These are my enneagram results:

Type 1:3 Type 2:5 Type 3:3 Type 4:4 Type 5:5 Type 6:4 Type 7:6 Type 8:1 Type 9:4

My MBTI has largely been performed by professionals, or in professional environments rather than your average online test. (But I did take one or two for fun) I'm 11% introverted (I used to be much more, a lot of discipline and self discovery... and healing from certain traumas has helped me come out of my shell. Even though at times, I'm actually positioning myself so that others will come to me ;) ) And I'm right over the line of T/F.

There ya go. And already having been well acquainted and sober about my strengths, weaknesses and tendencies. (Even though things like confrontation and being doubted SUCK enough to make me want to say EFF it, if it doesn't make me want to hurl or throw my lunch, I find it equally important to be understood) I've made amends with Chananay. And if Starry, or you, or anyone else wants to bring an interpreter into this, go for it, but only if your real intentions are to understand. I myself am great long time friends/family with a few psychologists, (some earning or have earned PhDs in the field), and a couple of them feel these tests to be completely flawed and therefore completely subjective, and therefore without merit. Having come back to these such things YEARS later, with a new scope of insight and self introspection and a great deal of self awareness and understanding, to see if the tests were at all accurate, not caring about percentages or what is considered rare, and therefore possible, I agree, resolutely, with the INFJ... I don't LIKE a lot of the 7, because it's an exposure of what I consider a few flaws--me at my absolute worst. (that I'm working on that stuff, and if I'm addicted to anything, it's chocolate and adrenaline). *I* am possible. And I am here. So, if I truly am apart of this mysterious 1%, be apart of an opportunity to understand one. Life is beautiful, it is short, and the only thing that anyone who intends to live well should ever take this seriously is love.

I have a friend, she's my first cousin, who is also, I think ridiculously, into astrology. She's what you would rightfully call an expert. According to her calculations, I'm a Capricorn, with a Leo rising and a moon in Taurus. (And I have aspects --whatever the heck those are-- in Aquarius, Taurus and pieces and Scorpio and Leo's and Libras all over the place...) She drew up my chart and laughed at me, "I always knew you were a walking contradiction". True as that statement might have been, I feel that astrology is a pseudo science, preferring to go the source, rather than the positioning of stars. The only thing they share with me is the fact that they're there (and I argue, that they share the same creator).

So there you have it! I'm not angry, and I'm not confronting, but I have a sincere dislike for having to lace everything with disclaimers. (I felt like a chicken trying to convince a heron that I'm a bird lol)

This is the most open I will ever be. Ask me questions, don't label me. It's time for me to retreat.

But first, a song! "Que bonita es esta vida" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQWrN4ETI2A

Se, se que el tiempo lleva prisa, pa' borrarme de la lista, pero yo le digo que.
Ay ay ay ay, que bonita es esta vida
y aunque no sea para siempre
si la vivo con mi gente
es bonita hasta la muerte con canciones y tequila.

Last edited:

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't come, again, and I do not like repetition, but for the benefit of someone out there who will be willing to understand, I'll repeat my original question, in better words (I hope). Okay, so I'm rare. REMOVE ME FROM THE EQUATION ENTIRELY! Is it possible to accurately tie on this test?

Ah, okay- so you weren't looking for any input about YOUR type, you want to know if it's possible to be two different enneatypes (like, influenced equally by both)?

(If yes,) I suspect that's not uncommon either, to feel equally influenced by two different types.

[And I don't mean to frustrate you, only to help make others' comments more understandable- if you truly believe you are INFJ e7, then you should absolutely explore that and be able to come to your own conclusions about it- but it does sort of cause a "wait....what?" reaction. I can see why they were distracted by it, though I'm sorry it frustrated you to feel misunderstood? :) ]

Starry

So, you misdiagnosed a single angle. That's the problem of only seeing what's on a page, projecting your own ideas of what something should look like in your very limited vision--with almost no data, aside from witnessing an incredibly veiled misunderstanding between two people; humans are not that linear. Beyond this ultracrepadarianism are very complex beings. You can not convince me I am anything other than what I am, or whether or not I see myself correctly; and to assume that position, dear stranger, is straight up insulting. I'm breathing; I know who I am, I didn't come here doubting or to figure it out. I came here to learn, about someone else and found a couple labels; and a lot of inaccuracies. I'm tired of this thread; you've mistaken planets from the stars. Btw, I never said a thing about a 6. Or a 1

I'm starting to type this prior to even knowing how to explain what I now want so badly for you to understand. But I've sat here for a while now with this ache getting no where in my mind and I'm running out of time again before I need to go.

What I bolded above...that's Fi's starting point. That is all already understood. I sometimes hurt when I read descriptions of Fe which is where the ache comes from that I describe above. To the best of what I can grasp out of thin air I imagine a sense of feeling compelled to meet the other half-way...that all must be balanced...that there must always exist a collective understanding...of all things including each individual perhaps - I don't know.

We aren't like that. It is all individual understanding...each one of us an insulated island...and so we are not always as careful with what we say because we aren't imagining ourselves as over-stepping boundaries that don't really exist for us. I already know I can't take INFJ 7 from you.

This is the space where I understand the INFJ. And you absolutely had me at ultracrepadarianism.

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah, okay- so you weren't looking for any input about YOUR type, you want to know if it's possible to be two different enneatypes (like, influenced equally by both)?

(If yes,) I suspect that's not uncommon either, to feel equally influenced by two different types.

[And I don't mean to frustrate you, only to help make others' comments more understandable- if you truly believe you are INFJ e7, then you should absolutely explore that and be able to come to your own conclusions about it- but it does sort of cause a "wait....what?" reaction. I can see why they were distracted by it, though I'm sorry it frustrated you to feel misunderstood? :) ]

AH! Yes, there is light! That is what I asked, yes :) And thank you!

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm starting to type this prior to even knowing how to explain what I now want so badly for you to understand. But I've sat here for a while now with this ache getting no where in my mind and I'm running out of time again before I need to go.

What I bolded above...that's Fi's starting point. That is all already understood. I sometimes hurt when I read descriptions of Fe which is where the ache comes from that I describe above. To the best of what I can grasp out of thin air I imagine a sense of feeling compelled to meet the other half-way...that all must be balanced...that there must always exist a collective understanding...of all things including each individual perhaps - I don't know.

We aren't like that. It is all individual understanding...each one of us an insulated island...and so we are not always as careful with what we say because we aren't imagining ourselves as over-stepping boundaries that don't really exist for us. I already know I can't take INFJ 7 from you.

This is the space where I understand the INFJ. And you absolutely had me at ultracrepadarianism.

You know what, I noticed your Mizuta Masahide quote. You should watch Ashes and Snow; liquid poetry.

Starry

You know what, I noticed your Mizuta Masahide quote. You should watch Ashes and Snow; liquid poetry.

I love that you are the first person to acknowledge my signature quote haha. If you understood how this haiku sustains me you would know what your acknowledgement means. It is foremost to me the most profound description of the best of enneagram seven.

corpseparty

Enneagram
7w6
I feel like when I take the test and tie scores they are usually those that I "integrate" and "disintegrate" to, and to me that seems to be the only reasonable possibility of why you would tie.

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love that you are the first person to acknowledge my signature quote haha. If you understood how this haiku sustains me you would know what your acknowledgement means. It is foremost to me the most profound description of the best of enneagram seven.

"Ever since my house burnt down
I see the moon more clearly.
I gazed upon all the Edens that have fallen in me.
I saw Edens that I had held in my hands,
but let go.
I saw promises I did not keep,
Pains I did not sooth,
Wounds I did not heal,
Tears I did not shed,
I saw deaths I did not mourn,
Prayers I did not answer,
Doors I did not open,
Doors I did not close,
Lovers I left behind,
And dreams I did not live.
I saw all that was offered to me

......Remember your dreams"

Yeah.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
You can tie in score on any given enneagram test, but you are not two enneagram types, nor can you equally be influenced by both, nor do people change types over time. Everyone is one core type in this system although one may experience the patterns of any other or all enneagram personality types during a lifetime.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I actually got one point lower for E7 than E8. Then I had next to none for all of the other types except for maybe five or six in E3. It's like getting a very small percentage of a function higher in MBTI testing - it's all about what YOU think you are. You know yourself best.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I scored a tie on the enneagram test (never heard of it before joining this forum)

Has anyone else done this? Thoughts?

A friend of mine tied on 7 and 9. I take it she's the 7 with 9 in tritype, simply because I know her so well.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
FWIW, I almost never score 6 on Enneagram tests. In college, I scored 7 and 3; I self-identified as 4w3 because it seemed the quieter, slower "still spicy" relative of 7; lately I have scored 2w3. I think it is to some extent a matter of how well your personality matches to exactly the wording you are being presented with in the tests. 6 is almost always in very SJ, sp-first wording. Obviously, I am rather different. I think it is the most important thing to identify what cognitive fallacies you personally struggle with when you go to determine your type, to focus on the core of what each number means and to forget the external descriptive trappings. Do you fall more prey to taking on others' burdens or to attempting to escape your pain? Do you have a harder time figuring out what you personally want and need, or slowing down and being content in the moment? Perhaps both are a significant issue for you, but it is likely that one tends to color your life more than the other. Ultimately these systems exist for your personal benefit, and are only theoretical constructs, so if it works better for you to identify as two, then I think you should do what feels right for you. I think it is likely that you will eventually feel like one fits you better than the other, anyway.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
MBTI-Enneagram-Correlation2.jpg
Oh sweet!an image of space invaders loading in the blue theme. :thumbup:

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I like that blue correlation chart; it somewhat demonstrates that opposite MBTI types tend to be strong in the opposite enneagram types.

I self-identified as 4w3 because it seemed the quieter, slower "still spicy" relative of 7

I suspect that type 7 isn't actually as extroverted as they say, and that there are indeed many quiet/slow 7s. I correlate it mostly with being a P type. I could be wrong.