• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Enneagram Type, Tritype and Instincts Survey

Katherine8

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
SX8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I did it the day I got the link, and didn't need a code either.

I had been a little worried about losing all my data as well (although it ended up working fine for me), considering they were (1) long answer, if you filled out blocks of text and (2) each page could take awhile to complete. So it might be worth either putting less questions on a page and/or warning the user to save their longer answers in a text file in case the connection has been lost and they don't know it.

I actually did include my phone and e-mail. E-mail is easier, but however I can help...

----------------

Good suggestions...Great patterns that are consistent with earlier online studies as to who is participating.... I look forward to delving deeper with responses by the different combinations...

Katherine8

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
SX8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I started than I got to the question how do others perceive you or something like that I was like I don't know and gave up. and so I retry and it says I already took it even though I never actually submitted it

------
I will check on that as well. I know that we have to complete it in one sitting.... that it can't go back to where you dropped out....

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
------
I will check on that as well. I know that we have to complete it in one sitting.... that it can't go back to where you dropped out....

I'm fine with starting over, but I can't start over. it tells me I'm not allowed :shrug:

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, this looks really cool. I'm gonna sit down this weekend and complete this, for sure. I'd be very interested to see the results once you have them.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
----------

I am so very sorry... I have had a few people with technical issues. I am not sure how that happened.... It must have something to do with constant contact or perhaps the link. It happened initially here and then was fixed. Perhaps it is intermittent. I know that many people have taken it with the link as I have their results. Can you try again and let me know if it is still a problem?

Yeah I can let you know in a few days, thanks for responding so fast.

Katherine8

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
SX8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm fine with starting over, but I can't start over. it tells me I'm not allowed :shrug:

More than understand the shrug.... Thank you for trying. Do you have another email address you can use? Refresh? I just had someone take the survey without a hitch.... Apparently you can't start and finish later... but I do not know why you can't begin again... Will find out...

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

More than understand the shrug.... Thank you for trying. Do you have another email address you can use? Refresh? I just had someone take the survey without a hitch.... Apparently you can't start and finish later... but I do not know why you can't begin again... Will find out...

well it tells me as soon as i click the link maybe if i clear my cookies.
edit: deleted my browsing history a few days a go, and still getting the messsage "We're sorry. You have already taken this survey."

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just completed it. :)

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here is the link.... it appears to work every time we have tested it. If you stop and restart it will not go back to where you were. You need to start over. Some people like more that 30 minutes to make longer comments.

*http://survey.constantcontact.com/survey/a07e9w9262ai0ir32rh/start

Just a heads up, the link in the OP is outdated and gives people the "You've already taken this survey" result. [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION], perhaps you could edit it with the up to date link instead?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just a heads up, the link in the OP is outdated and gives people the "You've already taken this survey" result. [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION], perhaps you could edit it with the up to date link instead?

Thank you. It's fixed now.

Katherine8

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
SX8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks....

So far I have hundreds of responses but not all combinations. I really hope to have enough examples to be able to add greater insights to these systems...

Focus of Study
The focus of this research is an ongoing study of the Enneagram Types, which when correlated with Tritype, Instinctual Type and MBTI, produce predictable patterns of thinking, perceiving and behaving, that can potentially explain the sources of common mistyping, and/or differences within type.

My interest is in gaining a rich and complex understanding of people’s experience of being their Enneagram Type, Tritype, Instinctual Type and MBTI and the meaning they assign to these types rather than simply validating a theory or hypothesis. The approach I prefer is mostly focused on the social constructivist paradigm, which stresses the socially constructed nature of reality as an ongoing, dynamic process. It is about recording, analyzing and attempting to uncover the deeper meaning and significance of human behavior and experience, including contradictory beliefs, behaviors and emotions.

The Process
This research is both qualitative and quantitate in approach. I do not base my research on pre-determined hypotheses, nevertheless, I am guided by an overarching theory that a correlation between these systems exists, which provided a general basis for my investigation.

I prefer this type of data collection and analysis because it is methodical but allows for greater flexibility than quantitative research. Most of the data is collected in the form of questions, observation and interaction with the participants e.g. through participant interviews and/or focus groups.

Principles
I believe that people are always trying to give meaning to their experiences. Therefore, I have not found it useful to limit a study to my view or understanding of the situation as I learn the most from the experiences of the participants. As a result, the methods I use are more open-ended and more exploratory (particularly when very little is known about a particular subject). This way, I am free to go beyond the initial response that the participant gives and to ask why, how, in what way, etc., and then tailor follow up questions to the participant’s responses.

If you are willing to participate, this is the link:
http://survey.constantcontact.com/survey/a07e9w9262ai0ir32rh/start

Katherine8

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
SX8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you so much for your participation. I very much appreciate the time you took to fill out the survey.

With hundreds of responses, I feel there is a very specific flavor of those that are willing to participate in this type of study. I also have found that there are some really meaningful responses that will further our understanding of all of the types within their respective systems. With greater numbers, we can further confirm these findings and discover additional nuances of all of these types and how they may influence one another.

So far, the results are consistent with prior international studies I have conducted...with this study having the highest representation of international participants.

I now wish to find the types (in all categories and areas of the world) that are not represented or have a small number of participants.

These are the participants that do not generally participate for a number of reasons and I always need to find and then interview.[:D]

Every study is flawed in some way so I always attempt to see the biases and/or flaws in each study and then use those weaknesses as one focal point of the study. I first note the initial study results and then find participants and categories not represented to more accurately represent the types (in all of the categories)… i.e. those that do not like to participate in studies and those that would not even seek self help systems.

All of these processes take time but are well worth the investment of time and energy. Both ends of the spectrum yield meaningful results... I learn a great deal about the inner workings of the types that are underrepresented just as much as those that readily share. It just takes additional work to find the underrepresented.

So, I again, thank all of you that have participated and encourage those of you that haven't to do so to further our understanding of the types by having your views and types represented. Remember that you can choose to be anonymous by using the link rather than the invitation. Or, if you wish to be interviewed anonymously you can create a gmail address. In the comments box simply state that you hate to participate in studies and why. In this way, your results are included as someone that does not like
to participate but are willing to do so for the data to be included in the study.

- - - Updated - - -

Just for fun… Which types in any category, geographical areas, or languages, do you think have the highest percentages of participants in this research study? And which have the lowest number of participants? List your thoughts as to the top 3 and the bottom 3.

Katherine8

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
SX8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
11-10-14
Dear Fellow Enthusiasts,

To date, in three weeks time, almost 900 people have taken the Enneagram Type, Tritype, Instinctual Type and MBTI Survey. Participants are all ages, from all over the world and from divergent schools of thought.

Of interest, is that the response ratios to the questions remain the same and are consistent with each of my earlier research studies. In addition, the current 900 participants have the same demographics and types as the first 100. This further demonstrates “who” is most likely to be interested in the field of self-help and the study of personality typing….and would also be willing to fill out a survey.

Now that I have this initial data, I can move to phase 2. In an effort to have all of the Enneagram Types, Tritypes, Instinctual Types and MBTI Types, nationalities and parts of the world represented, I need your help with phase 2.

In phase 2, I am asking for assistance collecting participants that are the types that are the least represented so far. In addition to your participation with the survey, it would be very helpful if you would encourage family members, colleagues, students and friends to participate. Please post the link below wherever you think it might interest other fellow enthusiasts. I am hoping for an even larger sample size to capture, as may variables as possible. With broader and deeper representations of each type in each category on the survey, there will be wonderful opportunities to learn important nuances of the types.

It would be helpful to have more data from:
Men
Military
Types: 3s and 8s
Tritypes: 137,268, 368,
Instincts: Social and especially anti-social
MBTI: ESFP, ESTJ
Native American Indians
African Americans
Asian Countries overall
Koreans
Eastern Europe
Central and South America
Northern and Central Africa
Pacific Islanders

The link to participate:
Survey : Greeting

If you use this link you will be anonymous. So, if you are willing to be interviewed by email (if you are among others with a shared pattern), remember to add your email in the box of the final question.

If you need an enneagram test code to determine your potential tritype…
Go to: Enneagram Test, free online personality test to find your type
Your free test code is: 3study2014 It is good for 2 weeks.
Without you, this research would not be possible….Thanks so very much!
Katherine Chernick Fauvre