• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] 964, 469, 649, etc: the Seeker tritype

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As common as the 6 and 9 fixes are mythologized to be, I don't see others of my tritype very often, or discussions of it.

Here's the description from PerC:

Do you think the above description is accurate? This thread is open to whatever knowledge about or experience being this type you have, like the other tritype threads.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only other tritype I could possibly see myself as.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp

Patrick

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Guess I'm a year late to this thread. Just took the PerC enneagram quiz and came up 649, which seems to fit me.

The description in the "spoiler" of the initial post is fairly informative but unfortunately disjointed--like somebody's sketchy notes from a class.

What I like about this new-to-me tritype thing is that it covers everything I've seen in myself since I first got into the enneagram, maybe ten years or so ago. At first I came up type 4. After much discussion and reading and self-reflection, I realized that couldn't be, and I switched to type 9. That seemed to suit me for a long while, but doubt crept in and led me to retype myself as a 1w9 instead of 9w1. Then, just a couple months ago, I realized my type is actually 6w5. It seems obvious now, in hindsight; it's the only type that accounts for all the anxiety and self-doubt that has always been central in my personality.

But it helps to see that I've also got the "4 energy" I originally recognized, as well as the "9 energy" I noticed later. And with 1 as the wing of 9 (and also an arrow point of 4), that's accounted for too.

So, 649 so far seems to give me a fuller picture.

I got my wife to take the quiz too, and much to my surprise she came up type 6 also. But she's a 638, which is remarkably different. Over the years we've clashed with each other sometimes and even considered ourselves opposites; but actually we've had many basic things in common (as reflected by our core type of 6w5). However, her 3 and 8 sometimes tend to walk all over my 4 and 9; that's what causes problems. She always wants me to "man up" and become more 3+8-like, and I always want her to "soften up" and become more 4+9-like.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am 694, or I guess 964 now. The PerC test wae 694, but I really find that 9 might fit me better.

Long before I did the test, I studied the 27 tritypes and determined that 469 was pretty much me. I actually cried for an hour because it had everything I usually hide from myself in plan sight.

So, for me, it is me.

I want to be unique and individualistic. I am full of self doubt. But ultimately, I am looking for peace above all. So, it fits.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Though I don't really know how much I buy into the whole tritype thing, and how 'real'/ relevant/useful it is, if there's actual validity to tritype, I identify as 469.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I thought I was a 497 for the longest time, but I relate more to the 6 than the 7, come to think of it. And though I still might be a 4, I'm going with 9 for now.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I had been typed as 496 before I changed it back to 497.
It's been tough for me to identify my headtype with certainty. I relate to the description of 496 very much, I am doubtful, seek for meaning, peace, I wan to feel safe and need to find more sources of confirmation.
I think core vise, I am really a typical enneagram 4, but when it comes to head, I deal with a lot of insecurity and self-doubt like type 6. There is a need for being an individual combined with the need to be assured and confirmed by my enviroment. I seek security, but then I am not as conscious security vise. I need someone else to produce the feeling of security, because I can't take care of all the stuff that needs to be done to feel safe... lot of times I don't care and mess things up. I am not as cautious as 6 would be.
I also always need to feel like things are fun, interesting, changeable, exciting and allow me a lot of freedom, like type 7. I have lot of 7ish tendecies, even though I do have to deal with inner insecurities and doubts a lot.
I guess both tritpyes are possibilities for me, even type 5 as my head is not totally out of a question. I do have a lot of 5ish behaviors, fears and motivations, but then I think it's because it influences my core type 4.

EtaCarinae

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Well, it makes sense for me to belong to the tritype with the most doubt.
I am not sure If I have ever been completly sure of something.
See, I did it again XD

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
I am know for sure that if I ever decide that I need to identify with a tritype, 6 and 9 will be in it (I am a core 6). I can seem 2-like at times to you guys (although I know for sure I am almost no where near a 2 ...almost haha), so that could be it, but the tritype 694 also fits me when I read it... even though I don't think other people see me that way.

I doubt everything about myself (literally everything up to my favorite color ...although I am almost sure it's purple... it might be magenta). I feel like other people are more sure than I am ....so I don't don't other people. Ever since forever, I am constantly seeking answers of some sort. I was always interested in things that were not ordinary and would befriend people who represented a different side of life (nothing really extreme ...just people who were different than me). I sought answers by studying genetics, the endocrine system and many other things, as it could potential tie into emotions and psychological experiences. Now I seek answers in a different way. But as times moves forward I am spending more and more ...and even more time trying to understand not just psychological experiences and emotions, but my own.

I know that I exist, but it kills me that I don't know what that means yet ...and how I can exist while still navigating the diversity of this universe.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am know for sure that if I ever decide that I need to identify with a tritype, 6 and 9 will be in it (I am a core 6). I can seem 2-like at times to you guys (although I know for sure I am almost no where near a 2 ...almost haha), so that could be it, but the tritype 694 also fits me when I read it... even though I don't think other people see me that way.

I doubt everything about myself (literally everything up to my favorite color ...although I am almost sure it's purple... it might be magenta). I feel like other people are more sure than I am ....so I don't don't other people. Ever since forever, I am constantly seeking answers of some sort. I was always interested in things that were not ordinary and would befriend people who represented a different side of life (nothing really extreme ...just people who were different than me). I sought answers by studying genetics, the endocrine system and many other things, as it could potential tie into emotions and psychological experiences. Now I seek answers in a different way. But as times moves forward I am spending more and more ...and even more time trying to understand not just psychological experiences and emotions, but my own.

I know that I exist, but it kills me that I don't know what that means yet ...and how I can exist while still navigating the diversity of this universe.

Welcome to the Seeker Club, home of the three most doubting tritypes.

Funny, I trust my own opinion more than anyone else, but I don't trust me to know myself. I am always seeking answers to questions, most of which no one else would even consider. I doubt my motives and actions. I constantly wonder what I could be doing more. I always wonder about others and why they do what they do.

I find I am at my best when I stop questioning and just doing. Everyone believes in me, why shouldn't I? If they feel I can conquer the ever obstacle, overcome every issue, and achieve every goal, maybe I can.

But then I doubt.....is that the right direction? Is that what I really want? Is it worth the cost?

I doubt my tritype, too, coming up with excuses why the various fixes dint work best. How 4ish am I? Maybe 2 is better fit for my image fix. And maybe I am 9w8 instead of 8w9...... am I really 6w5 & not 5w6? But 964 fits me best...for now, lol

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Welcome to the Seeker Club, home of the three most doubting tritypes.

Funny, I trust my own opinion more than anyone else, but I don't trust me to know myself. I am always seeking answers to questions, most of which no one else would even consider. I doubt my motives and actions. I constantly wonder what I could be doing more. I always wonder about others and why they do what they do.

I find I am at my best when I stop questioning and just doing. Everyone believes in me, why shouldn't I? If they feel I can conquer the ever obstacle, overcome every issue, and achieve every goal, maybe I can.

But then I doubt.....is that the right direction? Is that what I really want? Is it worth the cost?

I doubt my tritype, too, coming up with excuses why the various fixes dint work best. How 4ish am I? Maybe 2 is better fit for my image fix. And maybe I am 9w8 instead of 8w9...... am I really 6w5 & not 5w6? But 964 fits me best...for now, lol

Yeah, it's important to stop questioning as often as we do. Just live life. There isn't actually an answer; there is only you doing what feels right to you, so that means getting to know yourself ...and what's in the world so you can find what is best for you. For me, the hardest part is the possibility that who I am at my core can change. I put so much effort into understand myself and 'define' me ...that it would be the most confusing thing in the world if I was no longer "me".

Oh, I didn't mean to say that I trust other people more than myself or that I trust myself more than others (although I absolutely hate it when a person steers me a direction that isn't what I want even for simple things like buying a pair of glasses lol). What I mean is that I can see the essence of everyone else, but me (cue the lykke li song lol).

Actually, as I think about it, although trust does play a large role ...my issue is more about being held back than it is about trust. There are too many voices in my head telling me "no" ...and that is no fun lol.

Trust, in the traditional sense, is not that big of a deal for me. I don't rely on a outside source like religion or the government or even just a regular group of friends to make me feel secure. So I am not sure if I understand what you mean when you say you trust yourself more than you trust others.

Maybe you mean that you don't trust people to help you live your own unique and meaningful life? If so, then I agree. I don't trust others all that much when it comes to who I am and what I want from life.

I can see you, standing right in front of me, very clearly ...even if I barely know you.
I feel like a shadow of me is always staring at me, watching me fumble in the dark.

....ok. I am rambling. I don't know if that made any sense =P

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, it's important to stop questioning as often as we do. Just live life. There isn't actually an answer; there is only you doing what feels right to you. For me, the hardest part is the possibility that who I am at my core can change. I put so much effort into understand myself and 'define' me ...that it would be the most confusing thing in the world if I was no longer "me"
Yes. Outwardly, I am the same person today as always, but inwardly I am 180° from where I was. Which is real?

I can see you, standing right in front of me, very clearly ...even if I barely know you.
I feel like a shadow of me is always staring at me, watching me fumble in the dark.

Haha, too true...

anastasiaromanova

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I had been typed as 496 before I changed it back to 497.
It's been tough for me to identify my headtype with certainty. I relate to the description of 496 very much, I am doubtful, seek for meaning, peace, I wan to feel safe and need to find more sources of confirmation.
I think core vise, I am really a typical enneagram 4, but when it comes to head, I deal with a lot of insecurity and self-doubt like type 6. There is a need for being an individual combined with the need to be assured and confirmed by my enviroment. I seek security, but then I am not as conscious security vise. I need someone else to produce the feeling of security, because I can't take care of all the stuff that needs to be done to feel safe... lot of times I don't care and mess things up. I am not as cautious as 6 would be.
I also always need to feel like things are fun, interesting, changeable, exciting and allow me a lot of freedom, like type 7. I have lot of 7ish tendecies, even though I do have to deal with inner insecurities and doubts a lot.
I guess both tritpyes are possibilities for me, even type 5 as my head is not totally out of a question. I do have a lot of 5ish behaviors, fears and motivations, but then I think it's because it influences my core type 4.

Last night I was tempted to write and tell you that your avatar and post are very clearly 6-fixed, not 7, and probably not even 6w7 but 6w5, and that you are almost certainly 4-6-9 and should change the typing back; also that your perceived "Sevennishness" could be attributable to an soc/sx stacking. And not to toot my own horn but I hadn't even noticed your stacking under the avatar until now, for some reason. I'm just telling you this to underscore that this is pretty basic stuff if you are used to studying full tritypes and stackings extensively and in depth; the point is you're pretty clearly not a 7-fixed r, ESPECIALLY with a Nine fix (which would mean double positive) and an soc/sx stacking. I decided not to say anything but after seeing your concurrent thread this morning. I changed my mind. 4-7-9s manage to imbue reality with enough of a 'light touch', a magical fairy enchantment, that their main theme, blatantly expressed in your avatar, doesn't overwhelmingly become "Is there something wrong with me?" "Is there something wrong with me?", even though being 'defective' is core to E4. It isn't how that combinations INTERFACES with reality on a basic level. The character Blanche Du Bois in "A Streetcar Named Desire" is an soc/sx 4w3-7w6-9w1. There is nothing SO wrong that it can't be enchanted away until ALL options are gone.Your "Is there something wrong with me" and the way you describe it on a moment-to-moment level on that thread are an offshoot of the interplay of the basic E6 world view with the other factors. And that worldview is: "It won't work out".

Also it is true that the soc/sx stacking is the most painfully "shame-based" and often the most melancholic of the Fours. But it's also true that the soc/sx stacking, completely independent of type, is restless for novelty and adventure and can't stand to be bored. But there is something in your post right here about the way you voice your reasons for why you could be a 6 or a 7 that clearly indicates the 6. It is the choice of 'doubt' as what really matters as opposed to all the fun stuff you mentioned for 7. Because 'doubt' really is at the CORE of E6; the things you mention are superficial manifestations of the CORE of E7. After all this studying, if you're still not talking about "gluttony" or "deprivation" or "escape" or some such, you're not resonating with 7 on a deep level.

That said, with or without that sentence, this post and also the OP on your defective, it won't work out thread, are written in a triple-doubt 6-fixed way. You tell us here that you relate to the 6 fix very much; you don't articulate that for the 7, and yet you chose 7. But certainly you should also remind us that it could be 5. But on the other hand....

All of which is pretty standard for someone on a discussion board looking at options for a tritype fix. Except that the only fix you expressed a strong clear preference for is the one you've rejected. And you can tell me from now until forever that that's because of this or that...the phone rang so you forgot to include it, whatever. And I will tell you that you wrote what you wrote and that it EMBODIES the triple doubt fixation.

anastasiaromanova

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ps fwiw I don't think The Seeker is the best sound byte for 4-6-9. I think "triple doubt" or "triple sensitive" are far better. There are many seeking tritypes, and also the seeking of the 4-6-9 tritype (in any order) can be more about seeking moment-to-moment resolution about what to think or how to feel or what to do due to crippling doubt, as opposed to the seeking for great meaning or anything like that.

Every 4-6-9 is fundamentally in some way a 6. Doubt is the name of the game.

The passion. The deadly. The sin.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ps fwiw I don't think The Seeker is the best sound byte for 4-6-9. I prefer "triple doubt" or "triple sensitive".

No, Seeker is great. Being doubtful leads to seeking for answers. I question too much, I know, but I question things no one else even sees. I get answers to questions no one has even considered... doubt becomes a form of strength.

anastasiaromanova

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, Seeker is great. Being doubtful leads to seeking for answers. I question too much, I know, but I question things no one else even sees. I get answers to questions no one has even considered... doubt becomes a form of strength.

Well, that's very nice for you but that can only happen at a very high level of health. The 'seeking' of the triple-doubter at average and unhealthy levels is along the lines of Inis Mona's post: I REALLY identify with 4-6-9 and here are the DEEP compelling reasons why, but I changed it (again) to 7 for a couple of really superficial reasons which I'll tell you in half the length of writing and half the forcefulness but I changed it anyway and btw it could also be 5.

It doesn't lead to ANYTHING but more doubt, more CRIPPLING doubt. The term 'Seeker' implies seeking after higher answers to higher questions, and MANY tritypes tend to do that. MANY.

But ONLY the 4-6-9 tritype and core 6s can literally die of doubt.

anastasiaromanova

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ps So like ALL the Fauvre one-word soundbytes for the tritype combos, 'Seeker' is lacking. I didn't say it's BAD.I just said it's not as good as triple-doubt or triple-sensitive. To their credit, the Fauvres themselves encouraged people to look for the 'triple' tendencies to encapsulate the tritypes. Triple doubt I believe was theirs. Triple sensitive is mine.

Now, The QUESTIONER I could see as just as good as triple-doubt or triple-sensitive. But the SEEKER.....Gurdjieff, Aurobindo, the Buddha, many QUINTESSENTIAL seekers were VERY far from 4-6-9. Again, the Seeker implies seeking after higher things, and it PREVENTS the triple doubter,s imo, from seeing they are caught in a dangerous MORASS, because they use it as a palliative.

They're not stuck. They're not crippled with doubt. They're just...becoming illuminated...they're giving birth to the Sistine Chapel via the scenic route. That is to say, for the non-native English readers, the long way.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, that's very nice for you but that can only happen at a very high level of health. The 'seeking' of the triple-doubter at average and unhealthy levels is along the lines of Inis Mona's post: I REALLY identify with 4-6-9 and here are the DEEP compelling reasons why, but I changed it (again) to 7 for a couple of really superficial reasons which I'll tell you in half the length of writing and half the forcefulness but I changed it anyway and btw it could also be 5.

It doesn't lead to ANYTHING but more doubt, more CRIPPLING doubt. The term 'Seeker' implies seeking after higher answers to higher questions, and MANY triteness tend to do that. MANY.
Seeker just means seeker. Mundane and or profound. Sure, unhealthy Seekers get lost and confused in ugly and pitiful ways. I hate being in full doubt mode. I much prefer the peaceful and content, but looking for higher knowledge mode when I am healthier.

But the unhealthy mode helps us to question things we never questioned before and see better. It helps us break out of bad patterns and dynamics.

But ONLY the 4-6-9 tritype and core 6s can literally die of doubt.

I don't doubt that.:D