• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Why I Am No Longer An Enneagrammist

VagrantFarce

There's certainly a lot of bullshit to sift through, as is the nature of these things - and your best bet is almost always going to be your own intuition. The enneagram is a map, not the territory - you identify what helps and discard the rest.

For the record, I think the enneagram is far more insightful than the MBTI etc., but it certainly has its fair share of complete garbage weighing it down. I also like how the language more often than not doesn't resort to psuedo-scientific rubbish to "validate" itself - it's often remarkably subjective and intuitive. It doesn't try to be objective, instead it's like being told a story - there's truth to be gleaned, but it's the sort you keep to yourself when you leave the cinema.

brainheart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's certainly a lot of bullshit to sift through, as is the nature of these things - and your best bet is almost always going to be your own intuition. The enneagram is a map, not the territory - you identify what helps and discard the rest.

For the record, I think the enneagram is far more insightful than the MBTI etc., but it certainly has its fair share of complete garbage weighing it down. I also like how the language more often than not doesn't resort to psuedo-scientific rubbish to "validate" itself - it's often remarkably subjective and intuitive. It doesn't try to be objective, instead it's like being told a story - there's truth to be gleaned, but it's the sort you keep to yourself when you leave the cinema.

I very much agree, especially with what I underlined. Thanks for articulating this so well.