• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] 479 vs 478

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
so harmony seeking 9 vs power seeking 8 in tritype... how do they manifest?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For 479s there is a need to be positive and avoid creating a negative space. The truth can be glossed over in favour of the pleasant. For a core 4 this would be the most positive 4 as 7 and 9 are both positive types as well as prone to avoidance, one of painful things the other of unpleasant things. It often results in a person that needs to be outwardly positive even if internally they do not feel it, there's a level of worry about being rejected if people see negativity so it is hidden inside.

That said, call me a "gentle spirit" and the need to be outwardly pleasant will fade quickly. Terrible name, 479s tend to agree with the lable "The Escapist".

For 478s there is a need to get to the truth, it's more grounded and based in reality, and can be outwardly quite confident, even if internally there is emotional vulnerability. They would be more inclined to be uncompromising on what they want or resistant to others views when they don't agree. They still have the 7 avoidance, however mixed with the 8 it would only go so far before reality needed to be faced.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It looks like the gut fixes can influence type a lot, if one believes that fixes help explain the variations within a core type - which, whether tri type is or isn't legitimate, can be dramatic. But where is the line drawn between an 9-fixed 4 and an actual 9? Likewise an 8-fixed 4 and an actual 8? 1-fixed?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
But where is the line drawn between an 9-fixed 4 and an actual 9? Likewise an 8-fixed 4 and an actual 8? 1-fixed?

If someone is unsure of their core type looking at tritype is a waste of time that will only confuse the question. The neurosis/motivations/fears of a 4 are wholly different to that of an 8 or 9 (or any other type), a 4 fixed 8/9 would still be driven by them, and the core 8/9 by their respective neurosis/motivations/fears.

Nymphie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I'm not talking about 4 dominants, but I'm a 749 so/sx and I know a 748 sx/sp and we couldn't be more different. Both of us are extremely individualistic and creative but whereas I'm easygoing, optimistic and kind she's cynical and mean spirited, albeit much more charismatic. It's amazing how much volatility the 8 adds to the 4. I agree that "The Gentle Spirit" is a suckish title; I associate that more with 2s.

Mane

Permabanned
For 478s there is a need to get to the truth, it's more grounded and based in reality, and can be outwardly quite confident, even if internally there is emotional vulnerability. They would be more inclined to be uncompromising on what they want or resistant to others views when they don't agree. They still have the 7 avoidance, however mixed with the 8 it would only go so far before reality needed to be faced.

Could that be the reason a 784 or 748 wouldn't be able to relate as much to the 'rose colored glasses' aspects often attributed to 7s?
Can you help me understand the connection between the 8 gut instinct and the importance placed on truth/reality?

Starry

Well, I'm not talking about 4 dominants, but I'm a 749 so/sx and I know a 748 sx/sp and we couldn't be more different. Both of us are extremely individualistic and creative but whereas I'm easygoing, optimistic and kind she's cynical and mean spirited, albeit much more charismatic. It's amazing how much volatility the 8 adds to the 4. I agree that "The Gentle Spirit" is a suckish title; I associate that more with 2s.

Nymphie... in the name of 'scientific advancement'... I was wondering if you would pretty please with sugar on top take this short, e7 friendly online quiz and post your results in here...

how cynical are you?

Likewise, when you say "mean-spirited" are you referring to the 'peeing in the break room coffee pot' or 'ex-lax in the cookies you made for the bake sale' kind of mean-spirited?

Or do you mean the 8 working in tandem with what is most likely a cp6 wing providing the native with an overactive bullshit meter and a 'canary in the mine' kinda thing going on...and day in and day out you see so many self-important fucktards that in the process of lovin themselves...cause harm to others. But no one else sees it because people are busy and/or lazy and if the fucktard can hit all the appropriate 'social notes'... those notes can serve as a form of "clearance" so that the fucktard can continue to cause harm undetected... even from the fucktard themselves...and the self-lovin increases alongside the denial of wrongdoing and harm. What can a person...driven to protect and defend do in this instance?...wait around for Karma to work its magic... or sound the alarm as often as necessary in the hopes people 'get it' even if you pay the price and people think you're a bastard? ... that kind of mean-spirited? :wink: