• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] holy shiz i really am a 9 :/

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i feel like i need to apologize for evertime i schooled someone on what type 7's were about.

I'm sorry. :blush:

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tell me more! How'd you come to this conclusion? Congratulations on finding a better fit :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm 972 i guess but i read an enneagram book last night and reading the 7 i was like...No...this must have been written for extroverted sensors and then some bits i was like yeah maybe in a super watered down way but deff no...not that hyper..i don't just keep running and running from painful feelings...i don't feel deprived....I'm not often bored because I'm often lost in thought...i don't so much run from adventure to adventure as i do...ideas,thoughts and dreams...And then i like to put them into action..but i do feel them and experience while in them

idk a lot of things

maybe this type 9 description was just the first I've read that i related to.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm 972 i guess but i read an enneagram book last night and reading the 7 i was like...No...this must have been written for extroverted sensors and then some bits i was like yeah maybe in a super watered down way but deff no...not that hyper..i don't just keep running and running from painful feelings...i don't feel deprived....I'm not often bored because I'm often lost in thought...i don't so much run from adventure to adventure as i do...ideas,thoughts and dreams...And then i like to put them into action..but i do feel them and experience while in them

I think EP is common MBTI cluster for the e7 type, but the thing to remember with enneagram is that it's not really the same as MBTI -- maybe the e5 type overlaps a heck of a lot with the MBTI INTx's, but that's not necessarily the case for many other type groups in the system(s).

My ESTP dad seems to fit really well with the 7w8 description (and probably a 782 or 783), but that's not necessarily the case for all EPs. I think one of the hallmarks of e9 is Peacemaking and keeping things tranquil overall so one can be part of the experience; but that can play out in different ways depending on one's individual skills and leanings.

maybe this type 9 description was just the first I've read that i related to.

Which book were you reading?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think EP is common MBTI cluster for the e7 type, but the thing to remember with enneagram is that it's not really the same as MBTI -- maybe the e5 type overlaps a heck of a lot with the MBTI INTx's, but that's not necessarily the case for many other type groups in the system(s).

My ESTP dad seems to fit really well with the 7w8 description (and probably a 782 or 783), but that's not necessarily the case for all EPs. I think one of the hallmarks of e9 is Peacemaking and keeping things tranquil overall so one can be part of the experience; but that can play out in different ways depending on one's individual skills and leanings.

Which book were you reading?

personality types by riso and hudson

I'm having another identity crisis.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
People tried to type me as a 7 but I knew that wasn't true at all. And people type wrong all the time and give people advice on their wrong type so no need to apologize.

yeghor

i feel like i need to apologize for evertime i schooled someone on what type 7's were about.

I'm sorry. :blush:

Nine | Defunct Blog

Nine
ADAPTIVE PEACEMAKER
The Need for Harmony

Brief Overview: NINEs want to be peaceful, relaxed, comfortable, and natural. Most importantly, they want to be agreeable and, if at all possible, to avoid conflict. Under stress, they may be passive-aggressive, neglectful, or indifferent. At their best, they are centered, accepting, and able to mediate differences.

Balanced at the top of the Enneagram, NINEs are the most basic and most numerous personality type. They are the “salt of the earth” and the “glue” that holds the community together. People of this type come in all shapes and sizes, but they share a common problem with inertia (or momentum). Whether they are lazy in the traditional sense or hard workers continually on the move, they have a problem finding and staying with their own priorities. It’s hard to change directions or shift attention to what is most important. They “forget” themselves. They excel at seeing all points of view. This can make it difficult for them to make personal decisions, but at the same time, they can be excellent mediators and peacemakers for others. They seek harmony in their environment and will go to great lengths to avoid conflict (although at times championing others). They are action-based types, with a strong gut sense of knowing, although they can also be out of touch with their bodies.

Directional Descriptor: Withdrawn approval-seeker

Strengths: Balanced, accepting, harmonious

Problems: Stubborn, ambivalent, conflict avoidant

Speaking Style: Inclusive and welcoming at their best, NINEs may have trouble getting to the point; they can be linear and over-controlled, or they can be quite dispersed

Disintegration: Laziness of attention, accompanied by stubbornness, makes it hard for them to face priorities or necessary conflict

Integration: Right action, which is the willingness to do what needs to be done and use oneself well in the process

Psychological Defenses: NINEs use the defense mechanism of narcotization to avoid conflict (from within or without) and to maintain a self-image of being “comfortable/harmonious” (narcotization is using food and drink, reading, TV, or simply repetitive patterns of thinking and doing to put oneself in a state of reduced awareness and feeling)

Somatic Patterns: NINEs tend to stay comfortably undercharged. Good at belly breathing, they can avoid breathing into the chest. Low energy NINEs suffer from inertia and physical laziness, while high energy NINEs tend to constantly discharge in order to keep a safe equilibrium. The lower back is a particularly vulnerable area. Since NINEs so easily blend or “merge” with other people or the environment from their belly center, they have difficulty establishing good personal boundaries.

Detailed Description: NINES are peacemakers. Their gift of accepting others without prejudice makes people feel understood and accepted, nines can be unbiased arbitrators, because they can see and appreciate the positive aspects of both sides. Their sense of fairness may make them committed fighters for peace and justice. They express harsh truths calmly and so matter-latter-of-factly that it’s easy for others to “swallow” these truths. In the presence of a NINE many people find it easy to come to rest themselves. In radical contrast to this, nines often feel inwardly lashed by fears and restlessness, even when no one notices.

á´…eparted

passages
FWIW I thought I was INFJ for around 8 freaking years, and did the whole "schooling" thing too. People grow and realize wbo they *truly* are. It's totally normal and you shouldn't feel any shame in it! :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
FWIW I thought I was INFJ for around 8 freaking years, and did the whole "schooling" thing too. People grow and realize wbo they *truly* are. It's totally normal and you shouldn't feel any shame in it! :)

HAHAHAHA!
Maybe you've just come out of your shell more.... :unsure:

But if this is the way you always were, I don't think I'd ever have thought introvert.... just sayin'. :)

á´…eparted

passages
HAHAHAHA!
Maybe you've just come out of your shell more.... :unsure:

But if this is the way you always were, I don't think I'd ever have thought introvert.... just sayin'. :)

Who I thought I was years ago was not who I really was. I could wax the poetic about it (but this is not the thread to do so) in short it was a combination of influence from my mother, aspergers, and my habit of forcing myself to be who I am "supposed" to be. Once I let go of the latter to a strong degree the facades fell away largely.

I never was an introvert either (people laugh at the suggestion in IRL), I was just chronically depressed (really bipolar II) and mental disorders color personality a lot.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...Once I let go of the latter to a strong degree the facades fell away largely.

That's a huge one.

I found I could much more easily examine and process who I was once I got out of the hold of my bio family + the church. And I was chronically depressed too; it was really interesting to observe myself once I was no longer depressed.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5418]Lady_X[/MENTION]
if you are a 9, you are likely Sx/So as opposed to Sx/Sp. Social 9s are the most upbeat and active of the 9s (Chestnut gives them the theme of Participation) and can look a lot like 7s.

congratulations on finding your type (I have been reconsidering my own 7 status, so it seems I'm not alone :alltongue: ). what cued you off to make the switch?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah but I've avoided type 9 for forever because i don't feel conflict avoident and i feel like i have pretty defined sense of self...i don't feel like i have any doormat tendencies

but the way in which i check out of reality is much more 9 like...then 7 or any other type. i often feel like I'm barely here...or that I'm just apart of the breeze...or melded with the ambience somehow

however my mind is busy...i don't feel like i have a quiet mind...but i am often peaceful...blah...

i don't have time atm to actually post what I'm trying to say

however

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'll miss you as a fellow ENFP 7w6. :cry: But it's okay I love E9s! And as long as you're on the path to self-discovery and growth that's what matters.

To be honest, even with sx/sp, you did seem a lot more chill and laid back compared to me.

I wonder what [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] thinks of this. :thinking:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=5418]Lady_X[/MENTION]
if you are a 9, you are likely Sx/So as opposed to Sx/Sp. Social 9s are the most upbeat and active of the 9s (Chestnut gives them the theme of Participation) and can look a lot like 7s.
^ I agree with this. [MENTION=5418]Lady_X[/MENTION] you've never vibed social-last to me.

Also congrats! :cheers:

Starry

I'll miss you as a fellow ENFP 7w6. :cry: But it's okay I love E9s! And as long as you're on the path to self-discovery and growth that's what matters.

To be honest, even with sx/sp, you did seem a lot more chill and laid back compared to me.

I wonder what [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] thinks of this. :thinking:

The way I've been experiencing this site lately...it makes perfect sense that X is a mistyped 7. Congrats on 9 X. I'm glad you found your correct type.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah but I've avoided type 9 for forever because i don't feel conflict avoident and i feel like i have pretty defined sense of self...i don't feel like i have any doormat tendencies

I wouldn't think of you as unhealthy-conflict-avoidant, but you have a way to reducing conflict in the pocket around you just by being there. I don't even know how I could fight with you about something, even if I wanted to! :blush: You just kind of naturally defang conflict and reduce tension by who you are.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So when will we be hearing on whether it's a wing 1 or wing 8? :smile:

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh! Congrats [MENTION=5418]Lady_X[/MENTION], I think it's awesome that you had that realization! I love that you said "...I've avoided type 9 forever because I didn't feel conflict avoidant...", forgive me but that's hilarious and awesome confirmation IMO. :D

One of the "aha" keys I've found with people accurately typing as 9's is realizing why they avoid conflict-- to avoid separation. If 7's avoid conflict, it's because they don't want to examine their own thoughts and feelings.

I've also found a really random common thread with 9's IRL, that they fear being perceived as annoying or obnoxious. I'm just wrapping up a photo/interview project and both of my 9's (interviewed separately) said something about that-- one said, "the last thing I would ever want is to be annoying". Just out of curiosity, do you resonate with that?