• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] How does a 5 integrate to 8

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've caught flashes of this state of being in the past, and it's when I've felt most centered and in control of my self and my environment. It's a place I want to be all the time. I can see it's effect on others as well. I become more aggressive, but not in a negative sense of the word. People tend to trust me and fall in line behind me. My previous insecurities fade and I am overwhelmed with self-confidence and mental strength. It comes and goes, but not as often as I'd like.

How do I get to this point? I want to be like this all the time. Is there some dietary secret? More vitamins? Regular meditation, more exercise?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It happens when you set the anxiety aside and trust your abilities - you may not have all the information needed, know it all just yet and be perfect at what you're about to do, but you're good enough to accomplish what you're setting out to do.

The moment you're ok with those butterflies in your stomach being there while trusting your abilities, the 8 will emerge.

VagrantFarce

Meditation & exercise will definitely help, but they won't do much good if you're just thinking all the time.

Notice how you are with people. Instead of contracting, expand. Fill up the room. Breathe in everyone around you.

Notice how people feel. Feel what they feel. Be receptive to it. Let it make you strong.

Breathe into your belly.

And stop thinking. It's about feeling it. :)

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wake up your body every day and fucking listen to it for once.

the bandhas in yoga and breathwork are also really good for helping empower you to check in and really see what is happening within yourself, especially in the lower chakras. improving your digestion is really helpful too, which often requires extra diligence in mindful eating.

notice tendencies involving possession as a hedge for feeling small and weak. to me, as a e5, i do work on the e5, e8, e2 triad in a kind of constant interplay. this is our object relations triad.

commit to doing conscious forgiveness work. this is what empowers us to realize we do this for ourselves, not because the other is intrinsically right. this empowers us to do it for the right reasons. and once we grow this way, we feel more magnanimous, we realize how to give to ourselves, and we realize how this empowers us to love and serve without feeling controlled but free out of our confidence and trust in our strength to make what we need to cover the cost of whatever is needed.

find something to enjoy with your body and use that as an anchor to help you stay in your body and get more fine gradations of sensory experience.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Meditation & exercise will definitely help, but they won't do much good if you're just thinking all the time.

Notice how you are with people. Instead of contracting, expand. Fill up the room. Breathe in everyone around you.

Notice how people feel. Feel what they feel. Be receptive to it. Let it make you strong.

Breathe into your belly.

And stop thinking. It's about feeling it.
:)

Easier said than done, but thanks for the advice. :)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
wake up your body every day and fucking listen to it for once.

the bandhas in yoga and breathwork are also really good for helping empower you to check in and really see what is happening within yourself, especially in the lower chakras. improving your digestion is really helpful too, which often requires extra diligence in mindful eating.

notice tendencies involving possession as a hedge for feeling small and weak. to me, as a e5, i do work on the e5, e8, e2 triad in a kind of constant interplay. this is our object relations triad.

commit to doing conscious forgiveness work. this is what empowers us to realize we do this for ourselves, not because the other is intrinsically right. this empowers us to do it for the right reasons. and once we grow this way, we feel more magnanimous, we realize how to give to ourselves, and we realize how this empowers us to love and serve without feeling controlled but free out of our confidence and trust in our strength to make what we need to cover the cost of whatever is needed.

find something to enjoy with your body and use that as an anchor to help you stay in your body and get more fine gradations of sensory experience.

appreciate the link