• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Best Enneagram Test - Free or Not Free

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For those of you who have taken multiple ones, which Enneagram assessment do you think is the best? I have found many of them to be inaccurate.

These ones correctly diagnosed my type.

I think there are several characteristics of a good one:

1. Accurate results
2. Robust profile description
3. Useful content provided in report

For me that one provided accurate results. Not sure about 2 and 3 (don't remember).

Last edited:

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't found one yet which types me the same each time... I'm still not entirely positive my type is 4w5 but it seems like my most likely type at the moment.

This test said my first type is 4 and second is 9.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
At Enneacards, the top ranked result was 5 and the second was 7. I get type 4 on this Duniho enneagram test. I don't know enough to call it the best, but it's one of the few that gives me 4 where most tests give me 5, 6, or 9.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Never liked enneagram tests - I self-diagnosed by going through the options after getting several confusing and botched up results by using tests.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmmm it typed me as five and five; I feel somewhat ripped off that I didn’t get a second option. I suppose you have to pay for that.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have never scored any other type than 4w5, a few times I scored equally on 4w5 and 3w4. That's why I've been holding on this idea of being a 4 for such a long time, but in the end I guess 7w6 sx is what fits me. So that would proove that enneagram tests are trash.

L

LadyLazarus

No test has yet to diagnose me as a 6w7 and only once have I scored 4w3, it's almost always 7w8, which is just blatantly incorrect.

So I'd say all of them are pretty horrid, or at the very least all of the ones I've taken have been horrible for me. I suppose there are individuals who can be correctly typed through tests, but judging by the general distaste for tests as a method of finding one's type, I'd say they are the minority.

In my opinion, tests aren't completely worthless as they may be a good starting point/intro to enneagram in that at least you may be able to figure out which types you are most similar to and which types are unlikely(but I could see how this may go wrong as well being that some people may never actually test as anything close to their type, which may therefore also lead to more confusion). Then getting into the theory and researching would be the next phase or logical next step.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
For enneacards top 5 second 9
Duniho 9 followed by 5

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I always test as a 4w5 (maybe one time as 5w4) but have witnessed enough of the aforementioned crap (via friends) to know that the only way to accurately ascertain type is by study of the types and introspection. I've helped to type a good number of people and usually don't recommend that they take the online test, or if they do to investigate the results. I like the short tests for each type provided in Wisdom of the Enneagram and have definitely used those as a tiebreaker between two types.

Nara

MBTI Type
WILD
These ones correctly diagnosed my type.

Or rather, this site is sponsoring you.
kaksi.gif

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Or rather, this site is sponsoring you.
kaksi.gif

There are no commercial interests on this site except for the people who decide to donate. Since I've taken it over two months ago, there is one member who donated so far. $10.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No test has yet to diagnose me as a 6w7 and only once have I scored 4w3, it's almost always 7w8, which is just blatantly incorrect.

So I'd say all of them are pretty horrid, or at the very least all of the ones I've taken have been horrible for me. I suppose there are individuals who can be correctly typed through tests, but judging by the general distaste for tests as a method of finding one's type, I'd say they are the minority.

In my opinion, tests aren't completely worthless as they may be a good starting point/intro to enneagram in that at least you may be able to figure out which types you are most similar to and which types are unlikely(but I could see how this may go wrong as well being that some people may never actually test as anything close to their type, which may therefore also lead to more confusion). Then getting into the theory and researching would be the next phase or logical next step.

I went to dinner tonight with someone who is an Enneagram enthusiast and told her about the several tests I took that assessed me as an 8. She said, "Eww.. that's not right". There is something to be said for the involvement of someone with expertise. Actually, I took that Enneacards test and after that, had a 45 minute interview the author of the test and at the end of it, she was conclusive on the 6 result.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I went to dinner tonight with someone who is an Enneagram enthusiast and told her about the several tests I took that assessed me as an 8. She said, "Eww.. that's not right". There is something to be said for the involvement of someone with expertise. Actually, I took that Enneacards test and after that, had a 45 minute interview the author of the test and at the end of it, she was conclusive on the 6 result.

Gonna be the first one to say it, that is COOL.

B

brainheart

There is something to be said for the involvement of someone with expertise.

I have a friend who started to see therapist who by luck also happens to be an enneagram teacher. I have to say I'm a little jealous.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I get 4, with any random wing, on every test except the Similar Minds ones, which give 3.

G

Ginkgo

It gave me 4. If it tested tritype, it probably would have said 471.