• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Common Traits for Enneagram Types

Strengths: Self-critical, dutiful, just
Weaknesses: Tolerant, joyful, humorous

Strengths: Kind, encouraging, persuasive
Weaknesses: Independent, innovative, self-critical

Strengths: Resourceful, resilient, suave
Weaknesses: Honest, humble, independent

Strengths: Sensitive, self-critical, imaginative
Weaknesses: Confident, joyful, resilient

Strengths: Impartial, observant, precise
Weaknesses: Encouraging, valiant, sociable

Strengths: Loyal, fair, self-critical
Weaknesses: Fearless, independent, confident

Strengths: Adventurous, resourceful enthusiastic
Weaknesses: Precise, dutiful, self-disciplined

Strengths: Resourceful, leader, valiant
Weaknesses: Kind, sensitive, fair

Strengths: Tolerant, trusting, humble
Weaknesses: Confident, independent, leader

Werebudgie

I want my account deleted
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Tagged again by yeghor in another of these threads? Seriously? You want my input even knowing that my perspective is that all of this faux-theory-building comes from some kind of deep unhealthiness in you? Okay then. I'll be as clear as possible:

Yeghor: Based on my past public and PM interactions with you, as well my observations of your interactions with others: I see this thread as yet another in your ongoing frantic attempts to shore up your internally created fantasy-thought-structure in your own mind. I see this pattern from you as disconnected from actual reality - disconnected in significant and troubling ways. I strongly encourage you to attend to your own mental health rather than continuing this path of threads asking for strongly-limited faux "data" from others. One suggestion would be to look into information on unhealthy enneagram 5s specifically as it might apply to yourself right now, and try to see how unhealthy 5 dynamics may apply to what you're doing on this site with these kinds of threads (it may or may not be sourced to enneagram, but that might be a start at least).

I understand that you are probably caught in some kind of spiraling internally-generated trap at this point, and I hope you can find something to help get you out of it. This kind of thread is only going to make it worse, in my opinion.

edited to add:

Just to be clear on the source of the "very unhealthy enneagram 5" possibility: It's based on yeghor's own posted results from an enneagram test he himself chose in a recent thread he started. His own posted results from that self-chosen test showed him as a "very unhealthy" enneagram 5. I was thinking about the situation from that result. Quote to track back to the original post is under the spoiler:

Last edited:
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram 1
Strongest: Conscientious, Dutiful, Responsible
Weakest: Patient, Tolerant, humorous

Enneagram 2
Strongest: Kind, Encouraging, Helpful
Weakest: Independent, Impartial, Self-Disciplined

Enneagram 3
Strongest: Charming, Suave-Sophisticated, Persuasive
Weakest: Discreet, honest, self-critical

Enneagram 4
Strongest: Sensitive, Cultured, Imaginative
Weakest: Optimistic, joyful, confident

Enneagram 5
Strongest: Intelligent, capable, precise
Weakest: Sociable, Friendly, hospitable

Enneagram 6
Strongest: Observant, Keen, Loyal
Weakest: Obedient, fearless, valiant

Enneagram 7
Strongest: Adventurous, enthusiastic, resourceful
Weakest: Meticulous, organized, punctual

Enneagram 8
Strengths: Leader, Reliable, Dependable
Weakest: Fair, Resilient, Just

Enneagram 9
Strengths: Humble, Trusting, Respectful
Weakest: enterprising, innovative, persevering

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
1: Strongest: Conscientious, Valiant, Respectful Weakest: Adventurous, Impartial, Tolerant

2: Strongest: Hospitable, Dependable, Kind Weakest: Precise, Independent, Impartial

3: Strongest: Self-Disciplined, Sociable, Persevering Weakest: Self-Critical, Honest, Humble

4: Strongest: Cultured, Innovative, Imaginative Weakest: Punctual, Resourceful, Enterprising

5: Strongest: Observant, Independent, Intelligent Weakest: Charming, Suave-sophisticated, Persuasive

6: Strongest: Self-Critical, Sensitive, Dependable Weakest: Fearless, Optimistic, Confident

7: Strongest: Adventurous, Friendly, Capable Weakest: Patient, Dependable, Meticulous

8: Strongest: Fearless, Enterprising, Leader Weakest: Tolerant, Dutiful, Trusting

9: Strongest: Reliable, Patient, Optimistic Weakest: Independent, Leader, Innovative

*Finally gotten back to it :)

lecky

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
E1: Strengths: Precise, meticulous, organized
Weakness: Charming, perfectionist, humorous

E2: Strengths: Friendly, helpful, hospitable
Weakness: unique, keen, valiant

E3: Strength: Self-disciplined, persuasive, persevering
Weakness: Modest, honest, patient

E4: Strengths: Cultural, suave-sophisticated, creative
Weakness: optimistic, humble, stable

E5: Strengths: Observant, independent, intelligent
Weakness: enthusiastic, humorous, sociable

E6: Strengths: Just, dependable, loyal
Weaknesses: Trusting, confident, leader

E7: Strength: Enthusiastic, adventurous, sociable
Weakness: Responsible, conscientious, discreet

E8: Strength: fearless, valiant, leader
Weakness: tolerant, sensitive, self-critical

E9: Strengths: Impartial, humble, patient
Weakness: Self-disciplined, enthusiastic, persistent

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
strong: conscientious, self-disciplined, meticulous
weak: joyful, innovative, tolerant

strong: friendly, enthusiastic, sociable
weak: discreet, humble, self-disciplined

strong: charming, cultured, persuasive
weak: honest, humble, self-critical

strong: imaginative, self-critical, sensitive
weak: self-disciplined, joyful, sociable

strong: resourceful, keen, independent
weak: sociable, persuasive, enthusiastic

strong: observant, persevering, dependable
weak: trusting, confident, optimistic

strong: adventurous, charming, enterprising
weak: precise, dutiful, patient

strong: fearless, confident, resourceful
weak: self-disciplined, sensitive, kind

strong: patient, kind, humble
weak: precise, enterprising, confident

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE GOING BY THE BRIEF TYPE DESCRIPTIONS I PROVIDED IN MY OP RATHER THAN YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR TYPE WHEN DECIDING ON TRAITS...

What is the purpose of that kind of restriction?

Actually, more than that, what is the purpose if this exercise if all you want people to do is pick out words from a description you've selected and tell you what relates, it removes any intellectual debate or depth of understanding and seeks only to provide confirmation of the limited scope presented.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My tritype is 853. Do the word salad.

"Makes stupid people cry. Evil laughs. Get's on with it."

(he wants us to select words for each of the types).

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What is the purpose of that kind of restriction?

Actually, more than that, what is the purpose if this exercise if all you want people to do is pick out words from a description you've selected and tell you what relates, it removes any intellectual debate or depth of understanding and seeks only to provide confirmation of the limited scope presented.

I agree about not understanding the need to adhere to the provided descriptions (instead of our actual perception of the type). It seems an attempt to control our understandings of each type to make them what [MENTION=20531]yeghor[/MENTION] would like them to be. In truth that's kind of impossible, as is changing my perception of each type to fit these tiny paragraph descriptions.

Enneagram 1
Strongest: meticulous, just, persistent
Weakest: tolerant, sensitive, imaginative

Enneagram 2
Strongest: encouraging, hospitable, joyful
Weakest: impartial, honest, self-disciplined

Enneagram 3
Strongest: charming, persuasive, sociable
Weakest: honest, self-critical, just

Enneagram 4
Strongest: imaginative, honest, sensitive
Weakest: enterprising, enthusiastic, helpful

Enneagram 5
Strongest: intelligent, precise, independent
Weakest: sociable, friendly, obedient

Enneagram 6
Strongest: loyal, friendly, valiant
Weakest: fearless, optimistic, trusting

Enneagram 7
Strongest: adventurous, enthusiastic, humorous
Weakest: dutiful, respectful, sensitive

Enneagram 8
Strengths: fearless, valiant, independent
Weakest: obedient, patient, cultured

Enneagram 9
Strengths: humble, trusting, patient
Weakest: adventurous, meticulous, persuasive

yeghor

I agree about not understanding the need to adhere to the provided descriptions (instead of our actual perception of the type). It seems an attempt to control our understandings of each type to make them what [MENTION=20531]yeghor[/MENTION] would like them to be. In truth that's kind of impossible, as is changing my perception of each type to fit these tiny paragraph descriptions.

Enneagram 1
Strongest: meticulous, just, persistent
Weakest: tolerant, sensitive, imaginative

Enneagram 2
Strongest: encouraging, hospitable, joyful
Weakest: impartial, honest, self-disciplined

Enneagram 3
Strongest: charming, persuasive, sociable
Weakest: honest, self-critical, just

Enneagram 4
Strongest: imaginative, honest, sensitive
Weakest: enterprising, enthusiastic, helpful

Enneagram 5
Strongest: intelligent, precise, independent
Weakest: sociable, friendly, obedient

Enneagram 6
Strongest: loyal, friendly, valiant
Weakest: fearless, optimistic, trusting

Enneagram 7
Strongest: adventurous, enthusiastic, humorous
Weakest: dutiful, respectful, sensitive

Enneagram 8
Strengths: fearless, valiant, independent
Weakest: obedient, patient, cultured

Enneagram 9
Strengths: humble, trusting, patient
Weakest: adventurous, meticulous, persuasive

I am referencing external material and you still assert that I want the descriptions to fit my own understanding (Ti) of them? ...

this is exactly the reason I am referencing external Te material...so that people will not pin this on my understanding of the types...

Damned if I do damned if I don't...

rav3n

"Makes stupid people cry. Evil laughs. Get's on with it."

(he wants us to select words for each of the types).
He wants us to select words from his list of other types, to supplement our type, hence creating commonalities between types. Funny thing was that the words that agreed belonged to my tritype, so I couldn't ignore the pattern. This then begs the question of what will be accomplished, with the muddying of types. Or perhaps this thread is an exercise in proving the Forer Effect? Don't know.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I am referencing external material and you still assert that I want the descriptions to fit my own understanding (Ti) of them? ...

this is exactly the reason I am referencing external Te material...so that people will not pin this on my understanding of the types...

As three people have already noted, and I noticed from the get-go, it's your attempt to limit what sources people use that is so questionable, suspicious, and obnoxious. [MENTION=20789]Werebudgie[/MENTION] hit the nail on the head. And [MENTION=4324]Kasper[/MENTION] and [MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION] pointed to the same issue.

I actually find the results, thus far, to be somewhat interesting, tho.

Even with your attempt to control the inputs, I don't think you're finding much success with doing so.

If you didn't try to keep such a tight control of the inputs, tho, your motives would be much less questionable/suspicious.

As it stands, while, interestingly, you have not yet done this (and, frankly, I think it's in part because the evidence makes it difficult to do so without looking foolish), I question when this will all turn into you trying to force these results to fit into your narrow, internally-derived NiTi framework.

If you don't go this route, I will actually be impressed.

(Granted, what would really be impressive is not simply not going the wrong route, but actually going the right one [I.e., doing as Socrates said and following the evidence, as opposed to trying to distort the evidence to fit your already-existent conception].)

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

You chose the descriptions in the OP and asked us to base our word selection on them (the material you selected) alone, instead of our own perceptions of the types. To me that disclaimer says, "do not answer based on what you know, but on what I have provided you." If you hadn't made a disclaimer, I'd probably thought nothing of it. What is the point of telling us not to base our selections off of our own experience, study of the Enneagram and knowledge of the types (which are from a variety of sources and descriptions)?

And I second everything [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] said, let the authentic results rule.

yeghor

He wants us to select words from his list of other types, to supplement our type, hence creating commonalities between types. Funny thing was that the words that agreed belonged to my tritype, so I couldn't ignore the pattern. This then begs the question of what will be accomplished, with the muddying of types. Or perhaps this thread is an exercise in proving the Forer Effect? Don't know.

No the list is random... it's limited because a longer list would take too much time to prepare as well as to go over...

It's time consuming to respond to even as it is...as evident by the number of responses...

yeghor

You chose the descriptions in the OP and asked us to base our word selection on them (the material you selected) alone, instead of our own perceptions of the types. To me that disclaimer says, "do not answer based on what you know, but on what I have provided you." If you hadn't made a disclaimer, I'd probably thought nothing of it. What is the point of telling us not to base our selections off of our own experience, study of the Enneagram and knowledge of the types (which are from a variety of sources and descriptions)?

And I second everything [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] said, let the authentic results rule.

To hopefully remove personal bias...

yeghor

Do you object to type descriptions that the enneagram system relies on? Why? I didn't write them...

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To hopefully remove personal bias...

Yes, removing ours while yours remains intact. The entire point of this thread is asking for the opinions (Te, this includes personal bias) of other humans, otherwise you would only be relying on your own point of view (Ti).

I know almost nothing about functions, but I do recognize a double standard when I see one. You are asking for our opinions yet trying to remove our personal bias. :rotfl:

yeghor

Yes, removing ours while yours remains intact. The entire point of this thread is asking for the opinions (Te, this includes personal bias) of other humans, otherwise you would only be relying on your own point of view (Ti).

I know almost nothing about functions, but I do recognize a double standard when I see one. You are asking for our opinions yet trying to remove our personal bias. :rotfl:

How did I introduce my bias?