• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Enneagram Type and MBTI function correlations...

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Too close to call, I think.

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||| 34%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||| 18%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||| 42%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||||||| 74%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 46%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||| 62%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 50%

type score type behavior motivation
4 18 I must be unique/different to survive.
5 16 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
8 15 I must be strong and in control to survive.
6 14 I must be secure and safe to survive.
9 12 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
7 11 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
3 10 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
1 8 I must be perfect and good to survive.
2 4 I must be helpful and caring to survive.

Your main type is Type 4
Your variant stacking is sp/sx/so
Your level of health is very low, i.e. very unhealthy

yeghor

Too close to call, I think.

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||| 34%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||| 18%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||| 42%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||||||| 74%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 46%

4 18 I must be unique/different to survive.
8 15 I must be strong and in control to survive.
6 14 I must be secure and safe to survive.
7 11 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
3 10 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
1 8 I must be perfect and good to survive.
2 4 I must be helpful and caring to survive.

Your main type is Type 4
Your level of health is very low, i.e. very unhealthy

4_3 (28) 5_6 (30) 8_9 (27) 7_1 (19) = Ti Fi Se Ne - I think 4 is needlessly high. Your other F scores 3 and 2 are quite low. Your dominant trait seems to be 5_6 = Ti Followed by Se, coupled with low F would make you an ISTP.

The regular method yields OTOH 4w5 (Fi) 8w9 (Se) 6w7 (Te) 1w2 (Ni) ~ ISFP ?

To verify your high enneagram 4 score, do you relate to the enneagram 4 description?

FOUR | Defunct Blog

INTENSE CREATIVE

The Need to Be Special

Brief Overview: FOURs are feeling-based types who often experience a sense of longing and melancholy. Something is missing for them, which can lead to a quest for wholeness through romantic idealism, healing, or aesthetics. When they compare themselves to others, FOURs experience feelings of envy. They seek meaning and depth in their relationships, their work, or in a quest for personal creativity. Many FOURs are artists who excel at expressing universal human emotions in dance, music, and poetry. While they seek to have a good image, it’s most important for them to be authentic. Often passionate, sometimes overly emotional, their attention moves back and forth from empathizing with others to their own inner experience. They need time alone. The key to healing and growth for FOURs is to balance sadness with the capacity for happiness and satisfaction, even if the relationship or the experience seems flawed or incomplete.

Directional Descriptor: Withdrawn ideal-seeker

Strengths: Compassionate, idealistic, emotional depth

Problems: Moody, withdrawn, uncooperative

Speaking Style: Sometimes warm and emotive, sometimes flat and dry; they tend to be subjective, and they try to be aesthetically correct; often a tone of sadness or dissatisfaction

Disintegration: Envy or melancholy arising from the experience of disappointment or deficiency

Integration: Equanimity, which means keeping the heart open, welcoming all feelings yet staying in balance (contentment)

Psychological Defenses: FOURs use the defense mechanism of introjection to avoid being ordinary and to maintain a self image of being “authentic” (introjection is the attempt to overcome deficiency by bringing in value from outside oneself as well as the habit of internalizing blame for what goes wrong)

Somatic Patterns: FOURs tend to swing from contact to withdrawal, from having lots of feelings that spill out into the environment to becoming resigned and depressed. Their energy often collects in the middle of the body and can be withdrawn from the periphery (eyes, hands, and feet). Self-expression through music, dance, writing, creative work or parenting helps create an emotional flow and a balanced state.

To be honest I am expecting you to turn out to be an INTP or its inverse ENTJ.

TheCosmicCowgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Type 1 Perfectionism |||||| 26%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 42%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||| 34%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 70%

2 17 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
9 17 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
6 16 I must be secure and safe to survive.
3 14 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
4 14 I must be unique/different to survive.
7 10 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
8 8 I must be strong and in control to survive.
1 6 I must be perfect and good to survive.

Your main type is Type 2
Your variant stacking is spsosx
Your level of health is average

yeghor

Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 42%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||| 34%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 70%

2 17 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
9 17 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
6 16 I must be secure and safe to survive.
4 14 I must be unique/different to survive.
7 10 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
8 8 I must be strong and in control to survive.
1 6 I must be perfect and good to survive.

Your main type is Type 2
Your variant stacking is spsosx
Your level of health is average

2_4 (31) 9_8 (25) 5_6 (32) 7_1 (16) -> order by score -> 5_6 2_4 9_8 7_1 = Ti Fe Si Ne This doesn't make sense and I think the test carries a T bias somehow resulting in high T scores.

Usual enneagram scoring -> 2w3 9w8 5w6 7w? = Fe Si Ti Ne -> This looks like xSFJ.

Based on your strongest scores:

2>9>5>7 = Fe>=Si>Ti>Ne -> This seems to fit with xSFJ, probably ESFJ cause I got some strong personality vibe from you, you sound more like an extravert.

To be honest, I was expecting your enneagram 3 score to come out stronger than others.

Check these enneagram descriptions:

TWO | Defunct Blog

Nine | Defunct Blog

THREE | Defunct Blog

Also you might want to give this test a try for socionics Socionics Tests

As for introversion/extraversion: You see a stranger 30 feet away from you in a public setting that you fancy and are intrigued about. What do you do?

Do you feel energized\replenished when you are at home or when you are outside interacting with others?

yeghor

Using your test I got 4w3

Then you must be an F-dominant type. Either a Fi-dom or Fe-dom depending on whether you are an introvert or an extravert. What do you do to feel energized and vitalized?

Evil Otter

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
So I'm an INFP 4w3. Explains a lot... didn't seem to be nerdy enough for INTP nor driven enough for type 3 dom. Of course being a straight male... I still pretty much hate it, the type descriptions even use feminine pronouns

And 7 was my secondary

TheCosmicCowgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
2_4 (31) 9_8 (25) 5_6 (32) 7_1 (16) -> order by score -> 5_6 2_4 9_8 7_1 = Ti Fe Si Ne This doesn't make sense and I think the test carries a T bias somehow resulting in high T scores.

Usual enneagram scoring -> 2w3 9w8 5w6 7w? = Fe Si Ti Ne -> This looks like xSFJ.

Based on your strongest scores:

2>9>5>7 = Fe>=Si>Ti>Ne -> This seems to fit with xSFJ, probably ESFJ cause I got some strong personality vibe from you, you sound more like an extravert.

To be honest, I was expecting your enneagram 3 score to come out stronger than others.

Check these enneagram descriptions:

TWO | Defunct Blog

Nine | Defunct Blog

THREE | Defunct Blog

Also you might want to give this test a try for socionics Socionics Tests

As for introversion/extraversion: You see a stranger 30 feet away from you in a public setting that you fancy and are intrigued about. What do you do?

Do you feel energized\replenished when you are at home or when you are outside interacting with others?

My mom is actually an ESFJ there is no way I could ever be as outgoing or detail oriented as her. In fact, we disagree alot because I don't care about my environment (I tune it out) and she cares too much. However, I am like a sponge... I turn into whoever I'm around. So maybe you're seeing her through me, idk. Her tritype is 2, 9, 5 which makes it even more scary.

I always get IEI (INFp) on the Socionics tests. The subtype toggles back and forth between Ni and Fe.

1) I give out the signals and wait for them to approach me. I am really bad about initiating anything in general.

2) That depends on the situation. If everything is going well and we're all getting along then I get energized from that harmony. But if it's going bad I get really drained and I'd rather be home alone. I do need time to reflect though.

yeghor

My mom is actually an ESFJ there is no way I could ever be as outgoing or detail oriented as her. In fact, we disagree alot because I don't care about my environment (I tune it out) and she cares too much. However, I am like a sponge... I turn into whoever I'm around. So maybe you're seeing her through me, idk. Her tritype is 2, 9, 5 which makes it even more scary.

I always get IEI (INFp) on the Socionics tests. The subtype toggles back and forth between Ni and Fe.

1) I give out the signals and wait for them to approach me. I am really bad about initiating anything in general.

2) That depends on the situation. If everything is going well and we're all getting along then I get energized from that harmony. But if it's going bad I get really drained and I'd rather be home alone. I do need time to reflect though.

Your triype came out as 295 too?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
To verify your high enneagram 4 score, do you relate to the enneagram 4 description?

Hmm...

INTENSE CREATIVE

The Need to Be Special

Brief Overview: FOURs are feeling-based types who often experience a sense of longing and melancholy. Something is missing for them, which can lead to a quest for wholeness through romantic idealism, healing, or aesthetics. When they compare themselves to others, FOURs experience feelings of envy. They seek meaning and depth in their relationships, their work, or in a quest for personal creativity. Many FOURs are artists who excel at expressing universal human emotions in dance, music, and poetry. While they seek to have a good image, it’s most important for them to be authentic. Often passionate, sometimes overly emotional, their attention moves back and forth from empathizing with others to their own inner experience. They need time alone. The key to healing and growth for FOURs is to balance sadness with the capacity for happiness and satisfaction, even if the relationship or the experience seems flawed or incomplete.

Directional Descriptor: Withdrawn ideal-seeker

Strengths: Compassionate, idealistic, emotional depth

Problems: Moody, withdrawn, uncooperative

Speaking Style: Sometimes warm and emotive, sometimes flat and dry; they tend to be subjective, and they try to be aesthetically correct; often a tone of sadness or dissatisfaction

Disintegration: Envy or melancholy arising from the experience of disappointment or deficiency

Integration: Equanimity, which means keeping the heart open, welcoming all feelings yet staying in balance (contentment)

Psychological Defenses: FOURs use the defense mechanism of introjection to avoid being ordinary and to maintain a self image of being “authentic” (introjection is the attempt to overcome deficiency by bringing in value from outside oneself as well as the habit of internalizing blame for what goes wrong)

Somatic Patterns: FOURs tend to swing from contact to withdrawal, from having lots of feelings that spill out into the environment to becoming resigned and depressed. Their energy often collects in the middle of the body and can be withdrawn from the periphery (eyes, hands, and feet). Self-expression through music, dance, writing, creative work or parenting helps create an emotional flow and a balanced state.

I relate to a lot of this description. I have a tendency to swing between feeling moody, melancholy and emotional to being sharp, clear-minded and aggressive. I want to express myself through music as I have trouble explaining how I feel to other people through words. Authenticity is important to me - for example I am very concerned about being independent and not borrowing from other people's work. I also have an unfortunate habit of telling people exactly what I think about them, even people I don't know well. As my posts around the forum have no doubt indicated, identity-seeking is a big part of my life and something that i am concerned about.

I do need to balance time i have with other people with time alone, to recharge my batteries and reflect, though this seems to be a pretty basic human need.

I don't see myself as very compassionate, and dislike the word idealist. I prefer "visionary". Because my Feeling function is drawn inward, I tend to have trouble relating to other people emotionally, though I do feel emotions strongly. I identify with the 4 style of talking, though it probably doesn't come out in my posts (I am trying to practice my course English).

FTR I do not believe that type 4 is my primary type, but I'm quite sure that it is in my tritype somewhere.

To be honest I am expecting you to turn out to be an INTP or its inverse ENTJ.

Maybe.

Last edited:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 42%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||| 14%
Type 3 Image Focus |||| 18%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||| 38%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||| 18%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||| 30%

5 17 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
4 13 I must be unique/different to survive.
1 10 I must be perfect and good to survive.
6 9 I must be secure and safe to survive.
8 7 I must be strong and in control to survive.
3 4 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
7 4 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
2 3 I must be helpful and caring to survive.

Your main type is Type 5
Your level of health is below average, i.e. unhealthy

This test is bogus when it comes to determining levels of health. Based on what I read at
http://similarminds.com/enneagram/type5.html
Healthy Type 5: The Innovator
discovers/develops new technologies or systems of thought which are useful to others
Average Type 5: The Intellectual
enjoys philosophical discussion/debate, endlessly curious, loves to learn, thoughtful
Unhealthy Type 5: The Nihilist
struggles with the meaninglessness of existence, detached, hermetic, cold, devoid of feelings

I do not struggle with the meaningless of existence; I am not detached, hermetic, cold, or devoid of feelings.

As for the higher groups, I am somewhat of an innovator of existing thought-systems. But I identify most with the average levels: enjoys philosophical discussion/debate, endlessly curious, loves to learn, thoughtful.

Jaguar

Your main type is Type 5
Your level of health is above average

I'm above average in health. Of course. If SimilarMinds.com says so, it simply must be true.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeghor i think your theory is genius and that you are definitely on to something here. Don't listen to the nay-sayers. You are ahead of your time, fact, keep going!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you make of this [MENTION=20531]yeghor[/MENTION] ?

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 46%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||| 46%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||||| 78%

Your main type is Type 9
Your variant stacking is sx/so/sp
Your level of health is above average

Most answers are easily a 50/50 depending on the situation, but my preferences should show through.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeghor i think your theory is genius and that you are definitely on to something here. Don't listen to the nay-sayers. You are ahead of your time, fact, keep going!

according to yeghor you should be an E4 so CHECK YO SELF

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wait, there's something about a test calling people healthy or unhealthy? I'm definitely jumping in on this action.
I'm above average in health. Of course. If SimilarMinds.com says so, it simply must be true.
Likewise, it looks like this test is an objective reassurance that I'm pretty perfect. After all, I pursue perfection and am also very healthy.

My title is also "The Upstanding Citizen." So I guess I'm Superman.

Man. At the moment, I love typology.

1 21 I must be perfect and good to survive.
5 18 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
8 18 I must be strong and in control to survive.
4 17 I must be unique/different to survive.
7 13 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
2 9 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
6 3 I must be secure and safe to survive.

Your main type is Type 1
Your variant stacking is so/sx/sp
Your level of health is very high

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 50%
Type 3 Image Focus |||| 18%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||||||| 62%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||| 30%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||| 22%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||| 22%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||| 54%

Interesting that it rates "perfectionism" (as a term) so low, since that's something I struggle with. Although it is very clear I'm not at e1. Otherwise, is unsurprising... since tritype-wise I identify as 5-4-9.