• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] a pattern i've noticed about E-gram's harmonic groups

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i've thought about this for a while and considered posting about it for discussion but i'm not sure if this has been explained or not yet.

alright, so there is the positive outlook triad (2, 7, 9), the reactive triad (4, 6, 8), and the competency triad (1, 3, 5) right?

now, assuming that the types lie on a spectrum, i'm looking at how they influence each other. for example, in a 7:

At Seven, the doubt of Ego-Cowardice (Six) meets the lust for life of Ego-Revenge (Eight). The result is the Seven's wanting a little taste of everything in life but, because of her fear and doubt, not fully immersing herself in anything.

7, lying between 6 and 8 on the spectrum, posses the quality of wanting to taste everything but not fully immersing oneself.

now here's the pattern i've noticed:

minus individuals on the 3-6-9, types on the edge of the heart/head/gut triads are surrounded by types of the same harmonic group.

for example, 2 and 4 are both surrounded by competency types (2 = 1 and 3, 4 = 3 and 5). just to put it out there rather than have you take the time to piece it together, 5 and 7 are surrounded by reactive types, and 8 and 1 are surrounded by positive outlook types.

i want to know if there's anything worth noting, about how being surrounded by two types in the same harmonic group could account for certain traits in the core type.

this also could explain why 3, 6, and 9 (imo) have the issues most connected to self-image, anxiety, and controlling anger - because the types they're surrounded by are both types of the same heart/head/gut triad.

one theory for a second. could this mean, of the positive outlook types, 2 is most concerned with competent decisions and 7 is most reactive to its environment? the same for 8 being most concerned with bringing positivity to oneself of the reactive types, etc.

not set in stone and i'm not trying to conclude anything for now. just some free-thought, but i wonder if this pattern i've noticed has any significance or accounts for any kinds of behaviors. discuss! :D

[mentions some e-gram people]

[MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] [MENTION=7140]brainheart[/MENTION] [MENTION=13646]Haven[/MENTION] [MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION] [MENTION=18576]Sanjuro[/MENTION] [MENTION=17911]Animal[/MENTION]

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i've thought about this for a while and considered posting about it for discussion but i'm not sure if this has been explained or not yet.

alright, so there is the positive outlook triad (2, 7, 9), the reactive triad (4, 6, 8), and the competency triad (1, 3, 5) right?

now, assuming that the types lie on a spectrum, i'm looking at how they influence each other. for example, in a 7:

7, lying between 6 and 8 on the spectrum, posses the quality of wanting to taste everything but not fully immersing oneself.

now here's the pattern i've noticed:

minus individuals on the 3-6-9, types on the edge of the heart/head/gut triads are surrounded by types of the same harmonic group.

for example, 2 and 4 are both surrounded by competency types (2 = 1 and 3, 4 = 3 and 5). just to put it out there rather than have you take the time to piece it together, 5 and 7 are surrounded by reactive types, and 8 and 1 are surrounded by positive outlook types.

i want to know if there's anything worth noting, about how being surrounded by two types in the same harmonic group could account for certain traits in the core type.

this also could explain why 3, 6, and 9 (imo) have the issues most connected to self-image, anxiety, and controlling anger - because the types they're surrounded by are both types of the same heart/head/gut triad.

one theory for a second. could this mean, of the positive outlook types, 2 is most concerned with competent decisions and 7 is most reactive to its environment? the same for 8 being most concerned with bringing positivity to oneself of the reactive types, etc.

not set in stone and i'm not trying to conclude anything for now. just some free-thought, but i wonder if this pattern i've noticed has any significance or accounts for any kinds of behaviors. discuss! :D

[mentions some e-gram people]

[MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] [MENTION=7140]brainheart[/MENTION] [MENTION=13646]Haven[/MENTION] [MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION] [MENTION=18576]Sanjuro[/MENTION]

It's an interesting observation. Maybe that's why it's easier for types other than 369 to find their types since their behavior is much more consistent due to the same triads?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's an interesting observation. Maybe that's why it's easier for types other than 369 to find their types since their behavior is much more consistent due to the same triads?

Hmm, you mean because the harmonic groups around the 3/6/9 types create conflicting patterns? :thinking:

badger055

Permabanned
Please keep your fingers to yourself if you have nothing constructive to say.

Chananay's 6 wing bias is what made him come up with this. I'm more like an 8 than a 6. I am able to immerse myself in some things like an 8 and I'm reactive to my environment but in an 8 revenge kind of way.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Chananay's 6 wing bias is what made him come up with this. I'm more like an 8 than a 6. I am able to immerse myself in some things like an 8 and I'm reactive to my environment but in an 8 revenge kind of way.

you're more reactive in a 6 kind of way tbh.
icon_local_aimkissyface.gif
now get out of my thread if you're not willing to discuss anything

badger055

Permabanned
you're more reactive in a 6 kind of way tbh.
icon_local_aimkissyface.gif
now get out of my thread if you're not willing to discuss anything

You post in my threads all the time with nothing to discuss. Guess you can't handle a little challenge to your theory. 6s react with insecurity I can't relate to that at all. I react because people piss me off which makes me want to kick them out windows.

You rang?

nope I didn't order any 6s

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You post in my threads all the time with nothing to discuss.

Because literally almost anything I've seen you claim has no factual basis and is just your interpretation of information, acting like it's a concrete fact.

Guess you can't handle a little challenge to your theory. 6s react with insecurity I can't relate to that at all. I react because people piss me off which makes me want to kick them out windows.

I don't see you challenging my theory (which isn't even a theory tbh, I just wanted to talk about the pattern I noticed); I just see you trying to prove to everyone how you're not a 6 (like in all the posts you make).

Now please stop derailing my thread and leave.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

You do realize that you're reacting like a 6 right?

badger055

Permabanned
Because literally almost anything I've seen you claim has no factual basis and is just your interpretation of information, acting like it's a concrete fact.

I don't see you challenging my theory (which isn't even a theory tbh, I just wanted to talk about the pattern I noticed);

I did challenge it. I said I had no 6 influence whatsoever. In your theory I'm supposed to have 6 influence and all you said was that I'm a 6 like always. You're not very good with logic and facts yourself there buddy.

I just see you trying to prove to everyone how you're not a 6 (like in all the posts you make).

Uh maybe you see that because every post you make to me is about how I'm not the type I say I am. If you don't want to see that maybe you should stop talking.

Now please stop derailing my thread and leave.

If all you were looking for was a bunch of yes men to post in your thread you should of said that in the op. cya

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think we should ignore [MENTION=16476]badger055[/MENTION] from now on, because people shouldn't feed the troll.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Good call, [MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION]!

[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION], your theory is interesting. I could see 1 being the most positive-outlook focus of the competency triad. Even the jaded and negative 1s I know, are jaded and negative because they're so idealistic that nothing is meeting their standards. But they still believe in those standards, you know? There's hope there.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
I have thought about this before, actually. Some types have even stronger influence, for instance:

4 is surrounded by 3, 5, and has a line to 1. That's a link to ALL the competency types.

5 is surrounded by 4, 6, and has a line to 8. That's a link to ALL the reactive types.

I find that 5s are more reactive than people give them credit for and 4s are more competency-obsessed than people give them credit for. 5 is still competency core and 4 is still reactive core, but I find that influence to be very strong in both types, in my experience. 5s react immediately (even if that reaction is RETREAT) when their understanding or knowledge is threatened, if they feel they don't know enough. They can bite, or retreat. 4s are very competency oriented where their self-expression is concerned. Whether that is art or just how they express who they are day to day. Some 4s , when they feel 'misunderstood,' can self-blame as if they failed to be competent at communicating who they really are, and if only they were smarter/ more authentic/ more honest/ better artist, then it would be different.

8 is surrounded by 7, 9 and has a line to 2. 1 is surrounded by 2 and 9, and has a line to 7. Similarly, 8s and 1s both can have a very 'positive outlook.' I've noticed this even more with 8s, that they keep the mood 'good' or sometimes overlook the negative in a very direct way. Also, "nobody is stronger than ME" and "I will TAKE what I want" with no-room-to-fail type thinking. With 1s it seems to influence them to believe their perfectionistic ideals COULD come true.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I've noticed the things of which you speak, [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]. It's interesting because no matter which types surround me, I am SO CLEARLY a reactive type it's not funny.

I do feel my wings going on all day, but I wouldn't necessarily say that makes me more like them.

Each type is supposed to be the attempt at resolving the discrepencies between the wings--meaning the type is created by a tension between the wings.

That's right. The ones in the center are most "out of touch" with that facet of human existence--9s are most out of touch with rage, 3s are most out of touch with feeling, and 6s are most out of touch with guidance. Yeah, it's the tensions of the two other types that does it.

I'd think tritype could influence this just as much, if not moreso. Wings can't alter your core motivations, only bring similar attributes and behaviors (the motivations are inherently part of this, but each type appears to be the result of both combined. The wing just tells you which outward characteristics you are more identified with).

B

brainheart

Yes, [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION], I've thought about this a lot, actually. I think you especially see this in the four and five. Fours are surrounded by competency types AND integrate into a competency type while fives are surrounded by reactive types AND integrate into a reactive type.

I think this is a lot of why a four withdraws and feels shame. It's like there's this heavy wall of competency leaning against the four. The four feels this huge pull to be competent but what they 'really are' is reactive, and they're ashamed about this. They're ashamed that they are so governed by their feelings and not able to push them to the side and get things done in the way the competency types do. Contrary to popular belief, most fours hide their feelings, preferring to let them out in creative expression. In this way they are 'doing something' with their feelings vs just feeling for the sake of feeling. When a four does let feelings out openly and reactively, it shifts them into a two like state where they feel incredibly vulnerable and out of control. It makes fours not feel like their 'normal' selves.

Naranjo talks about fives being hypersensitive, too highly attuned to everything and withdrawing to protect themselves. In other words, five has a tendency to over-react to its environment. Perhaps a five has more to say about this, but I know that my five wing is really sensitive to outside forces/outside stimuli.

[MENTION=17911]Animal[/MENTION], I didn't notice your post before I wrote this... talk about redundancy...

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
With 1s it seems to influence them to believe their perfectionistic ideals COULD come true.
A much more articulate and succinct phrasing of what I was trying to say before. :) You can't really be an evangelizing 1 without thinking that people will listen to you.

It strikes me as interesting that the "healthiest" 1s seem to be the 1s who have given up on a lot of their ideals. My conversations with fellow 1s who are farther to the unhealthy side than I am, usually end with them being SHOCKED that I could have such a sad and hopeless view of humanity. But the other side of that coin is that my views of humanity are more forgiving, and allow me to lead a happier life.

Starry

2587464-633639907978573784_ninjas.jpg

I just wanted you to know Chanaynay that I'm here...you just can't see me. And once I figure out what the f%*¢ you guys are talking about I'll join the conversation. haha.

No, I think [MENTION=17911]Animal[/MENTION] 's interpretation is where I've gone with this in my mind but never really discovered anything that I felt was all that useful (on my own) so I look forward to seeing how this thread unfolds. Thanks for this.