• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Typing a friend

Odi et Amo

To here knows when...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been trying to type an ESFJ, one of those ESFJs who gets Fe-Te-Ti-Si on cognitive function tests. The hyper-Js.

She is quite emotionally volatile and hypersensitive to others. She has this fear that her friends will leave her and fears their judgment. She is driven, has materialistic tendencies, describes herself as "overrationalizing everything" and hates when people tell her to ease up. She is a exceptionally caring and conscientious friend. She loves social interaction, loves and sometimes prioritizes sex, loves social convention (read: prom was a cluster fuck of tension for a solid month, already has her wedding planned, etc.) and climbing the ladder. She always prefers to be in control and wants to function as the concrete pillar in the middle of our shared circle of friends and can be pushy.

I have been completely unable to enneatype her. Anyone who can help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to ask for elaboration.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Could you elaborate a bit more please? I'd say 6w7 or 2w3 (maybe) at this point, which is pretty common for xSFJs (I got a workmate to take the test and she scored high on 6 and 2 as an ISFJ). Hope that helps.

L

LadyLazarus

I'm no expert; but sounds 2w3 to me.She sounds a lot like this ESFJ 2w3 so/sx I know who thinks she's an INTJ for reasons unbeknownst to me :dry:.

Odi et Amo

To here knows when...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15964]Planetary Walker[/MENTION] Thanks for the help. She is this strange blend of dramatic and conscientious. She has perfect grades but leaves intellectual pursuits and desire for knowledge at that, which maybe rules out 6w5?

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=15964]Planetary Walker[/MENTION] Thanks for the help. She is this strange blend of dramatic and conscientious. She has perfect grades but leaves intellectual pursuits and desire for knowledge at that, which maybe rules out 6w5?

I would be more inclined to say 2w3 then, but I still don't think I have much information to really draw a conclusion. If I were to say e6, I would say 6w7 over 6w5 then, so yeah. I'm not an expert either but I still think I can help with what little knowledge I have lol :)

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Based on the OP, I'm thinking she's a social 2w3.

What is it about her that's confusing you regarding typing?