• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] PSA: stop typing everyone you see as 6s

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Or 9, or perhaps 3. those are the types most likely to identify with many types and be confused. I'm not even sure I'm a 9, but it seems to fit better than 6 and 4.

3 is not the go-to type for me to type people as anymore. I think that 3's are rarer than the Favres put on. They say that the most common head fix is 6 and the most gut fix is 9, and I agree with them. However, they say the most common heart fix is 3, and I disagree and think that it's 2.

badger055

Permabanned
@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=16476" target="_blank">badger055</a>

No dude. He is way too reactive to be a 7w8.

Not reactive. Aggressive. He openly attacks everyone unprovoked all the time. You 6s need to learn the difference between aggressive and reactive. He is not attacking people out of anxiety or fear. He is attacking because he is a 7w8 and 7w8s legitimately just don't give a fuck.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because 6s are balls of anxiety and insecurity. Just talking about 6s is like kicking a bee hive. Anyone with 6 influence goes into fight or flight mode. I already knew this thread was going to explode before I posted it.
nice projection...

badger055

Permabanned
nice projection...

No only people with 6 influence think I'm projecting. It's called being perceptive. I know just as much about any other type. Understanding how 6s work helps keep me from wanting to bash your skulls in for being so irrational.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No only people with 6 influence think I'm projecting. It's called being perceptive. I know just as much about any other type. Understanding how 6s work helps keep me from wanting to bash your skulls in for being so irrational.
yes, you do: absolutely nothing

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Not reactive. Aggressive. He openly attacks everyone unprovoked all the time. You 6s need to learn the difference between aggressive and reactive. He is not attacking people out of anxiety or fear. He is attacking because he is a 7w8 and 7w8s legitimately just don't give a fuck.

No, he is attacking people because he is afraid of them and his counterphobic reaction is to be aggressive.

badger055

Permabanned
No, he is attacking people because he is afraid of them and his counterphobic reaction is to be aggressive.

You're projecting. There is no logical explanation for why he would be afraid.

>Psychological defenses: Sixes use the defense mechanism of projection to avoid personal rejection and maintain a self image of being "loyal." (Projection is a way of attributing to others what one can't accept in oneself, both positive and negative qualities.)

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
You're projecting. There is no logical explanation for why he would be afraid.

>Psychological defenses: Sixes use the defense mechanism of projection to avoid personal rejection and maintain a self image of being "loyal." (Projection is a way of attributing to others what one can't accept in oneself, both positive and negative qualities.)

He's too negative and anxiety ridden to be a 7w8. 7w8's are not like this.

badger055

Permabanned
He's too negative and anxiety ridden to be a 7w8. 7w8's are not like this.

You're still projecting he's not anxiety ridden. There is no evidence for that. Who says 7w8s can't be negative? Do you even know what a 7w8 is or do you think they are all 6s? God having a conversation with a 6 is retarded makes me want to hit myself in the face. I'm out of here and don't bother replying.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
You're still projecting he's not anxiety ridden. There is no evidence for that. Who says 7w8s can't be negative? Do you even know what a 7w8 is or do you think they are all 6s? God having a conversation with a 6 is retarded makes me want to hit myself in the face. I'm out of here and don't bother replying.

7w8's are naturally positive people and tend to think that things will always go right.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
7w8 is more like Bender from Futurama. :shrug:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
they can be negative, but 7s are in the positive outlook triad along with 2 and 9 and tend to have a bias toward thinking things will work out/go their way (and, as such, have a far more relaxed disposition than a cp6 like Eminem)

badger055

Permabanned
7w8 is more like Bender from Futurama. :shrug:

Woah that's actually right. Me and you agree just this once chanaynay.

Believe it or not these are 7w8s (I mostly only pay attention to the ISTP ones).

-mike tyson (ISTP)
-eminem (ISTP)
-steve jobs (ISTP)
-simon cowell (ISTP)
-dave chapelle (ISTP)
-james cameron (ISTP)
-mark wahlberg (ISTP)
-rob ford (ESTP)
-jonah hill (ESFP)
-robert downey jr (ENFP)
-justin bieber (ESFP)
-miley cyrus (ESFP)

A positive outlook doesn't mean what you think it means in someone with inferior Fe. The positive outlook is mostly only for themselves. Everyone else can burn in a hell fire for all they care. You guys think a positive outlook is freaking rainbows and ponies because you are only exposed to ENFP 7s.

Last edited:
L

LadyLazarus

Why does he keep saying he's not going to reply anymore and then come back and reply?:dry:
Masochist?

Also, for the last time, Eminem= ISFP cp6w7.

G

Ginkgo

Seriously stop it it's annoying. It's the enneagram communities favourite thing to do is type everyone as a 6. Guess what not everyone who is aggressive is a 6. 6s aren't even known as being aggressive that's just stupid. That's nowhere in their descriptions counter phobic or not. I have yet to see a 6 going around verbally smashing everyone he sees. DJ even made a big thread about this before about how everyone wouldn't stop trying to type him as a 6.

I know 6s will project their own insecurities on to everyone else automatically and think everyone else is 6s too but the rest of you have no excuse. Try using some critical thought or logic when you type someone it works better.

Here's some "logic" for you:

If someone actually believes themselves to be a 6, then there is no cause for them to project that label onto others. If they do label others as their type, then they think they perceive similarities between themselves and the people they describe. That's not a crime, nor is it necessarily an indication of insecurity.

------------

Most people hold the potential to be aggressive or downright hostile. The difference is in how each type handles that reflex. The biggest contrast I see between 8 aggression and 6 aggression is that 6s seem to almost become angry at nobody in particular because they're combating fear itself on a subjective plain, whereas the aggression of an 8 focuses on people more directly. 8s are more hands on, while 6s are almost too preoccupied with proving they're not pussies. At a certain threshold, 6 anger starts to look more gratuitous; it's almost like it's not real. It's at that threshold of excessive drama that 8s would start to feel somewhat compromised. That said, you seem to exhibit a pattern of 6-ish variety. And 7s are far too ambivalent about such matters to even enter the equation on anything more than a superficial level.

I could be wrong, and you could be carefully crafting your forum persona to demonstrate some measly, insignificant part of yourself that happens to fall in line with 6-ishness, but I think I would be holding you in an unreasonable amount of high esteem if I were to believe so.