• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] PSA: stop typing everyone you see as 6s

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
there are three types of sixes - one of which is not aggressive at all (they are actually called passive), and two of which are aggressive (one moderately so, and one highly so).

What book? :happy2:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
You are reactive not aggressive and you owe that more to your heavy 8 influence.

I am both reactive AND aggressive.

An enneagram 7 (supposedly "aggressive") friend of mine has, for years, implored me to be less aggressive.

He has 9 in his tritype, which is telling.

If he had 8 in his tritype, he probably wouldn't feel the same.

Which, if you're smart, would tell you that this issue is more complicated than you're realizing (as tritype must be factored in).

I have never even noticed you posting in my life until now.

Kid, how long have you even been here?

I haven't been posting for the last 6 months.

I used to run this place.

I'm the reason the rules got changed.

When 7w8s or 8w7s post it's like a bomb going off that's real aggression.

*chuckle*

Hardly.

See ozones

Who the fuck is ozone?

Barely a blip.

@azure flame

A pussy cat.

See the one time he tried to "stand up" to me.

Halla's not even aggressive.

He's just energetic as fuck.

:laugh:

The typical 6 is compliant the majority of the time because it's a compliant type.

Once again, I know your knowledge of the enneagram is weak, but there are three types of sixes, and only one of them is compliant.

The other two are non-compliant.

badger055

Permabanned
I am both reactive AND aggressive.

An enneagram 7 (supposedly "aggressive") friend of mine has, for years, implored me to be less aggressive.

He has 9 in his tritype, which is telling.

If he had 8 in his tritype, he probably wouldn't feel the same.

Which, if you're smart, would tell you that this issue is more complicated than you're realizing (as tritype must be factored in).

Kid, you've been here since August.

I haven't been posting much of that time.

I used to run this place.

I'm the reason the rules got changed.

*chuckle*

Hardly.

Who the fuck is ozone?

Barely a blip.

A pussy cat.

See the one time he tried to "stand up" to me.

Halla's not even aggressive, really.

He's energetic as fuck.

:laugh:

Once again, I know your knowledge of the enneagram is weak, but there are three types of sixes, and only one of them is compliant.

The other two are non-compliant.

Yea it's pretty obvious you are trying to play up your aggression with this tough guy facade. Nobody is buying it. I get the impression you would literally say anything to defend yourself regardless of it's truth. Like I said before I can't have a rational discussion with you. Later guy.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Yea it's pretty obvious you are trying to play up your aggression with this tough guy facade. Nobody is buying it. I get the impression you would literally say anything to defend yourself regardless of it's truth. Like I said before I can't have a discussion with you. Later guy.

Projecting like a 6...

:)

badger055

Permabanned
Projecting like a 6...

:)

Haha and you guys said he wasn't typing me as a 6. You are just feeding into the cliche that every 6 thinks everyone else is a 6 too. I bet you couldn't wait to tell me that I was 6. You held that in a long time.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Haha and you guys said he wasn't typing me as a 6. You are just feeding into the cliche that every 6 thinks everyone else is a 6 too. I bet you couldn't wait to tell me that I was 6. You held that in a long time.

Nah, actually, I don't know what your type is.

It's just a fact that you've been projecting like crazy.

And that is a trait, not solely of 6s (just as aggression is not a trait solely of 3s, 7s and 8s), but common of 6s.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have never even noticed you posting in my life until now.

This made me laugh.

It's best outlined in Naranjo's Character and Neurosis and Molina's Our Ways: Values & Character.

I have the first one. I'll have to reread some of it. It was a long time ago when I read it. Thank you!

Btws, I think it was you that recommended Personality Types: Using the Enneagram for Self-Discovery. Loved it.

badger055

Permabanned
Nah, actually, I don't know what your type is.

It's just a fact that you've been projecting like crazy.

And that is a trait, not solely of 6s (just as aggression is not a trait solely of 3s, 7s and 8s), but common of 6s.

Haha nice backtracking. It's alright to admit you think everyone is a 6. I know you 6s too well it's the same thing every time. An argument always ends with them telling me I'm a 6. It's like the 6s law.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I have the first one. I'll have to reread some of it. It was a long time ago when I read it. Thank you!

The section on 6s is excellent.

Surpassed only by the sections on 6s in Molina's book.

Btws, I think it was you that recommended Personality Types: Using the Enneagram for Self-Discovery. Loved it.

Glad you liked it.

It's Riso & Hudson's best book.

Not as deep or as groundbreaking as the two above, but excellent portraits of the types at different health levels.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with this. It seems like if no one can figure out a person's type, then the go-to type is 6, and that gets pretty old.

Or 9, or perhaps 3. those are the types most likely to identify with many types and be confused. I'm not even sure I'm a 9, but it seems to fit better than 6 and 4.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I wonder when the time will come when people will start mistyping as sixes on purpose?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yea it's pretty obvious you are trying to play up your aggression with this tough guy facade. Nobody is buying it.

Funny, because I could say the same thing about you.

icon_local_aimkissyface.gif

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow pseudo science at it's best those are all wrong. You do know mike tyson is a hedonist right? Hedonism is a 7 trait not a 6 trait. It's like in your world anyone who is aggressive must be doing it out of insecurity. That is not logic. It must be cause you have a 6 wing and you are projecting like the rest of the 6s.
Also let me remind you 3, 7, 8 are the aggressive types
6s are not an aggressive type
I don't know why this is so hard to understand. You can't just create your own version of the enneagram.
Let me know when you start using logic and you might actually start being worth talking to.
...your understanding of the Enneagram is overly simplistic and purely derived from trait based stereotypes. get back to me once you educate yourself.