• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] PSA: stop typing everyone you see as 6s

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=17911]Animal[/MENTION]
3. A 6 is not more likely to deny their type than anyone else. I understand projection but there are reasons for various types to deny their typing. 1s and 5s are less likely to deny it, though they can also mistype. Most other types will come up with reasons to mistype. For type 2, 3, 4 they believe they are their image, so if that doesn't match their type description they will mistype. For 6s it's projection, 7s don't want to admit what's wrong with them. Real 8s who keep calm and stay in control won't relate to the overly aggressive descriptions. 9s mold with others and don't look inward. And so forth. 1s mistype as 5s a lot and 5s mistype sometimes because they are not as isolated as described; they have lines to 7 and 8 and have friends and can laugh in public and so forth.
this holds true of most Self Preservation 8s, but Sexual 8s have much louder, more overtly aggressive personalities. also, it depends on the level of health/maturity. mature 8s are more calm/controlled, but immature 8s can easily be over-aggressive dicks/bull-in-a-China-shop

4. The word "intense" SHOULD be attributed to 6 instead of 8. 8s have an intense physical presence and directed rage, and their 'presence of mind' / here-and-nowness ?? in general can be intense. But it is 6s who are most intense in the eyes. Their eyes are the eye of a storm of thoughts spinning around. Look in the eyes of Amy Lee, Matt Bellamy. Music written by 6's is CONSTANT STREAM OF INTENSITY because that is a mirror of what their minds look like. The dynamics and cadences might change but the intensity DOES NOT wax and wane, it is ever present. This is why 6's mistype as 8s and 4s - because descriptions never pay homage to their very obvious intensity. 6s know they are intense, mentally intense, too intense. They can see what their own eyes look like in photos and they know of the intensity in their minds. Since descriptions simply focus on their fears and shortcomings, and don't tend to cover intensity except for 8s, 5s and 4s and SX types - 6s may end up mistyping as 5s, 8s or 4s. This honest and likely mistake should not be mistaken for projection.
I think Sx doms and reactive types in general when I think "intense". 1s and 2s can be pretty intense too.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Show me one counter phobic 6 who is as aggressive as an 8. That's right there are none. Being counter phobic is way overblown. They are still 6s and 6s aren't an aggressive type.
3, 7, 8 are the aggressive types
So why would you type an aggressive person as a non aggressive type? Where is the logic in that?

since Hitler and Eninem have already been mentioned
- 50 Cent
- Mike Tyson
- Ivan the Terrible
- Milla Jovovich
- [MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION]
- [MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION]

fictional
- Jesse Pinkman (Breaking Bad)
- Walter White/"Heisenberg" (Breaking Bad)
- Cersei Lannister (Game of Thrones)
- Michonne (The Walking Dead)
....don't even get me started on anime examples XD

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]
Yeah it's true, a lot of types can be intense - but 6 should be on that list, if the word "intense" is to be used in descriptions at all.

Also about 8s - I believe you. I have yet to meet an SX 8, as far as I know. The 8s I know IRL are Sp or So.

badger055

Permabanned
since Hitler and Eninem have already been mentioned
- 50 Cent
- Mike Tyson
- Ivan the Terrible
- Milla Jovovich
- [MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION]
- [MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION]

fictional
- Jesse Pinkman (Breaking Bad)
- Walter White/"Heisenberg" (Breaking Bad)
- Cersei Lannister (Game of Thrones)
- Michonne (The Walking Dead)
....don't even get me started on anime examples XD

Wow pseudo science at it's best those are all wrong. You do know mike tyson is a hedonist right? Hedonism is a 7 trait not a 6 trait. It's like in your world anyone who is aggressive must be doing it out of insecurity. That is not logic. It must be cause you have a 6 wing and you are projecting like the rest of the 6s.

Also let me remind you 3, 7, 8 are the aggressive types

6s are not an aggressive type

I don't know why this is so hard to understand. You can't just create your own version of the enneagram.

Let me know when you start using logic and you might actually start being worth talking to.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Wow pseudo science at it's best those are all wrong. You do know mike tyson is a hedonist right? Hedonism is a 7 trait not a 6 trait. It's like in your world anyone who is aggressive must be doing it out of insecurity. That is not logic. It must be cause you have a 6 wing and you are projecting like the rest of the 6s.

Also let me remind you 3, 7, 8 are the aggressive types

6s are not an aggressive type

I don't know why this is so hard to understand. You can't just create your own version of the enneagram.

Let me know when you start using logic and you might actually start being worth talking to.

What amazing projecting "logic".

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Seriously stop it it's annoying. It's the enneagram communities favourite thing to do is type everyone as a 6. Guess what not everyone who is aggressive is a 6. 6s aren't even known as being aggressive that's just stupid. That's nowhere in their descriptions counter phobic or not. I have yet to see a 6 going around verbally smashing everyone he sees. DJ even made a big thread about this before about how everyone wouldn't stop trying to type him as a 6.

I know 6s will project their own insecurities on to everyone else automatically and think everyone else is 6s too but the rest of you have no excuse. Try using some critical thought or logic when you type someone it works better.

Why would one automatically assume being counterphobic = aggressive?

But lol, I doubt there is a lot of people who would want to be identified as a 6, counterphobic or not.

badger055

Permabanned
Here is some further enneagram education for you guys.

Enneagram Types 1, 2 and 6 - Compliant Types
Enneagram Types 7, 8 and 3 - Aggressive Types
Enneagram Types 4, 5 and 9 - Withdrawn Types

The Compliant Type - those who move toward people
The Aggressive Type - those who move against people
The Detached Type - those who move away from people

Enneagram Type 2 - moving toward people
Enneagram Type 8 - moving against people
Enneagram Type 5 - moving away from people

SoEZPlA.png

This is called Karen Horneys Triad if you would like to read up further on it.

G

garbage

The Triad is just one of many ways to slice up the types. To say that 6s cannot be aggressive, even though they're not part of the Aggressive category, is akin to claiming that e.g. Thinkers don't 'feel.'

Or, perhaps, also to claiming that a Gut type can't use the Head. Though, thankfully, I've never heard that sort of claim.

For the broader discussion on the 6 type, there are a lot of legitimate reasons to type someone as a 6. But it's too often used as a pejorative, along the lines of how Sensing (and Si in particular) is. :dont:

badger055

Permabanned
The Triad is just one of many ways to slice up the types. To say that 6s cannot be aggressive, even though they're not part of the Aggressive category, is akin to claiming that e.g. Thinkers don't 'feel.'

Or, perhaps, also to claiming that a Gut type can't use the Head. Though, thankfully, I've never heard that sort of claim.

For the broader discussion on the 6 type, there are a lot of legitimate reasons to type someone as a 6. But it's too often used as a pejorative, along the lines of how Sensing (and Si in particular) is. :dont:

Sure they could be aggressive for a little bit if they wanted to but so could any type. It still doesn't make sense to make 6 the official go to aggressive type when it's not even an aggressive type. There are a lot of 6s on this board do ANY of them seem aggressive to you? No of course not because 6s aren't naturally aggressive.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
6s are the most common type

Are they?

I didn't know that. And am not finding much evidence of that when I briefly Google'd it either.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
why does this matter? I'm seriously don't understand, why. Is it like the SJ thing in the past? where everyone typed everyone SJ who they thought were stupid (does that still happen?)

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
why does this matter? I'm seriously don't understand, why. Is it like the SJ thing in the past? where everyone typed everyone SJ who they thought were stupid (does that still happen?)

Being reactive can look like aggressive. I think sometimes it can seem like just because someone is "reactive" they're labeled a E6. I don't like that.

But I have to say, I'm the most aggressive person out of all my friends and coworkers. With the exception of the 2 E8's I know, who are 10x more aggressive than me...

I think it might be a little misleading to type someone as a E6 just cause they're aggressive. And its because they're not to the extent that 8's are.

It's the difference between proactive aggression, and reactive aggression. IMO they're very different from one another.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sure they could be aggressive for a little bit if they wanted to but so could any type. It still doesn't make sense to make 6 the official go to aggressive type when it's not even an aggressive type. There are a lot of 6s on this board do ANY of them seem aggressive to you? No of course not because 6s aren't naturally aggressive.

I'm amazed you can say that after having [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] in your thread. Like he said, he's definitely one of the most aggressive people on this forum.

Also, whether DJ is an 8 or 6 doesn't matter. But the people that are more clearly 8s on this forum (@YWIR for example) actually are not as aggressive/evil/mean as you make them out to be.

Also lol everyone on this forum has basically heard of those triads. Old news.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Being reactive can look like aggressive. I think sometimes it can seem like just because someone is "reactive" they're labeled a E6. I don't like that.

But I have to say, I'm the most aggressive person out of all my friends and coworkers. With the exception of the 2 E8's I know, who are 10x more aggressive than me...

I think it might be a little misleading to type someone as a E6 just cause they're aggressive. And its because they're not to the extent that 8's are.

It's the difference between proactive aggression, and reactive aggression. IMO they're very different from one another.

hmmm...ok, I can see the problem if people type you as 6 and you put in your profile (yes I'm guilty, don't string me) but if someone simply says you're a 6 and you go no i'm not, and don't do anything. then what's the harm. Also for me I've been typed everything except 8 by people on here. and the same people will change my type on me, which is why I have a question mark, because I can select traits from all the types and convince that type is me. So for now my type is ? So I guess my point is, i can be agressive, in a reactive way, like I'm not agressive unless i feel attacked. But I don't beat up people just because I feel like it. But I know I'm not a 6. but in the past everyone was typed a 4 or a 5 on here. It's like waves, people think one thing, then later think another. that's just life in general. it's why people switch political parties so much

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmmm...ok, I can see the problem if people type you as 6 and you put in your profile (yes I'm guilty, don't string me) but if someone simply says you're a 6 and you go no i'm not, and don't do anything. then what's the harm. Also for me I've been typed everything except 8 by people on here. and the same people will change my type on me, which is why I have a question mark, because I can select traits from all the types and convince that type is me. So for now my type is ? So I guess my point is, i can be agressive, in a reactive way, like I'm not agressive unless i feel attacked. But I don't beat up people just because I feel like it. But I know I'm not a 6. but in the past everyone was typed a 4 or a 5 on here. It's like waves, people think one thing, then later think another. that's just life in general. it's why people switch political parties so much

I'm only assuming here....but it seems like maybe badger...has well...been badgered about his type lol.

So yea, things can change like the waves do... but some people don't like to be given an unsolicited typing.

It would be like someone saying you're a republican (even though you identify with the democratic party) just because you own a gun. When in reality many people own guns, for many purposes, no matter what their political stance is.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm only assuming here....but it seems like maybe badger...has well...been badgered about his type lol.

So yea, things can change like the waves do... but some people don't like to be given an unsolicited typing.

It would be like someone saying you're a republican (even though you identify with the democratic party) just because you own a gun. When in reality many people own guns, for many purposes, no matter what their political stance is.
yeah and people say you're something enough times you might begin to think that, and then you lose your idenity. which can cause problems, and sometimes you have to be like NO! and force your brain out of the web of lies others have created for you (something I'm doing now, I'll spare you the details, as it's boring)

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Here is some further enneagram education for you guys.

Enneagram Types 1, 2 and 6 - Compliant Types
Enneagram Types 7, 8 and 3 - Aggressive Types
Enneagram Types 4, 5 and 9 - Withdrawn Types

The Compliant Type - those who move toward people
The Aggressive Type - those who move against people
The Detached Type - those who move away from people

Enneagram Type 2 - moving toward people
Enneagram Type 8 - moving against people
Enneagram Type 5 - moving away from people

SoEZPlA.png

This is called Karen Horneys Triad if you would like to read up further on it.

This is all common knowledge.

Not impressing anybody.

Sure they could be aggressive for a little bit if they wanted to but so could any type. It still doesn't make sense to make 6 the official go to aggressive type when it's not even an aggressive type.

First off, no one is doing this.

Second, there are absolutely "aggressive" members on here who no one ever types as a 6 (think: Discobiscuit).

Third, if you actually had deeper knowledge of the enneagram, you'd know there are three types of sixes - one of which is not aggressive at all (they are actually called passive), and two of which are aggressive (one moderately so, and one highly so).

There are a lot of 6s on this board do ANY of them seem aggressive to you? No of course not because 6s aren't naturally aggressive.

Just blatantly false, both theoretically, and in practice.

Of the three most aggressive members on this board, two are verified 6s (me and Marm), and all three likely are 6s (Salome).

You need to actually read some enneagram books, not just whatever free information you can find on the internet.

Your knowledge of the enneagram is clearly very superficial and lacking.

badger055

Permabanned
Of the three most aggressive members on this board, two are verified 6s (me and Marm), and all three likely are 6s (Salome).

You are reactive not aggressive and you owe that more to your heavy 8 influence. I have never even noticed you or those other guys posting in my life until now. When 7w8s or 8w7s post it's like a bomb going off that's real aggression. See ozones, azure flame, halla, me. The typical 6 is compliant the majority of the time because it's a compliant type and less so with a heavy 8 influence. Don't pretend like your 8 influence is because of your 6 traits.