• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] PSA: stop typing everyone you see as 6s

badger055

Permabanned
lol he didn't even say you were a 6 in that post. who's the delusional one again - you or the intuitives?

I was referring to how he is typing eminem a 6. And still the intuitives.

I'm vacating this thread now before it degrades into a shit throwing contest. Hopefully I beat a little common sense into you guys.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Seriously stop it it's annoying. It's the enneagram communities favourite thing to do is type everyone as a 6. Guess what not everyone who is aggressive is a 6. 6s aren't even known as being aggressive that's just stupid. That's nowhere in their descriptions counter phobic or not. I have yet to see a 6 going around verbally smashing everyone he sees. DJ even made a big thread about this before about how everyone wouldn't stop trying to type him as a 6.

I know 6s will project their own insecurities on to everyone else automatically and think everyone else is 6s too but the rest of you have no excuse. Try using some critical thought or logic when you type someone it works better.
Hey. I strongly agree. I hung around on the internet too long, and I even fell prey to this mentality myself. I couldn't figure out what the hell I was, so I just assumed I had to be a 6 by default. Doesn't help that there's a very real chorus of people making remarks about how "attachment types just can't see themselves", "sixes don't know they're sixes", and "you just can't admit it". That and the folks who use type 6 as an insult or try to get you to believe that, what, 90% of humanity is actually a 6. It's frustrating to deal with.

Before I was educated I actually fell into this way of thinking myself--since more knowledgeable people than me were telling me this stuff was true, I assumed it was true. I even perpetuated it! Thank God, I've done my own research by now.

I guess it doesn't help that I do have a 6-fix and can actually see what might go wrong sometimes, but people were using this fact about me to PROVE to me that I was a 6, even though I said I don't relate to existential anxiety overall, my entire way of thinking is geared toward myself (not watching others), guidance has never been a real issue, I have no major issues with authority, etc. etc. etc. It's like you can't have ONE type 6 trait at all without you being a core 6 in denial! What's up with that?

Yeah, not everyone who is aggressive is a 6, either, just like not everyone who can anticipate a problem is a 6. The whole thing is becoming some sort of online feeding frenzy where bored kids get their kicks by trying to make you brainwash yourself into being something you're not. I have no further words about this situation, except to report that there were MAJOR ramifications when I realized I'd been duped and came out that I wasn't a 6 at all.

(This was on another forum, btw)

I agree with this. It seems like if no one can figure out a person's type, then the go-to type is 6, and that gets pretty old.
Yeah, that's both lame and non-conducive to actually learning the material in greater depth. Needless to say, it inhibits genuine self-reflection and self-exploration.

I think it comes from a line in Riso and Hudson where they basically say that 6s are inherently contradictory, so that if you know someone who is a "ball of opposites" that person is probably a 6. That's a major part of the rationale people used for me, actually. I'm contradictory. You can't figure out my type, therefore I'm a 6. Even though I couldn't see it for months after typing that way. I just can't admit it. Right.

It got VERY tiresome, though it was interesting to watch the group think involved, I must say. Fact is, I'm half 4 and half 8, and that is asking for as contradictory a motherfucker as they come. I don't know why that should be hard to accept--personality is complex, and surely 6s aren't the only people that can't be figured out.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
badger055 said:
Show me one counter phobic 6 who is as aggressive as an 8. That's right there are none.

*cough cough*

Do I need to say it?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jkm1i2o6Ri8

They are still 6s and 6s aren't an aggressive type.

Pretty sure I would win in a poll for most aggressive member on the forum.

Several 6s would be in the top 5.

3, 7, 8 are the aggressive types

So why would you type an aggressive person as a non aggressive type? Where is the logic in that?

Yes.

And I have all 3 of those in my tritype.

In addition to cp6, which, when combined with those others, definitely does make for an aggressive type.

á´…eparted

passages
Hell, even E2 CHARACTERS can be aggressive people:

37zr9inkqdfp21wifd6p.png

Definitely! I've known a few in my life.

Such a classic :D. Came out when I was high school so the timing of it made it even better. It's one of the defining pop culture movies of my generation.

I have a certain fondness of evil Fe-dom characters. Not all of them though. Partly because they do things I could do, but can't do because of my morals. Also because I just find that brand of evil just so, effective. Dolores Umbridge being the best example.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I was referring to how he is typing eminem a 6.

Actually, no, I don't think everyone is a 6.

And everywhere you look you will find Eminem typed as a 6.

Once again, where's the Se reality-checking?

And still the intuitives.

Lame excuse.

Try manning up and getting a real argument.

Hopefully I beat a little common sense into you guys.

You didn't do anything close to this.

Your arguments were weak and flimsy.

Crying about the evil intuitives is not impressive.

L

LadyLazarus

Are you all sure he's not actually a 3, he seems obsessed with playing the bad ass to me, unaware that he's playing it too, like a 3 would be.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Are you all sure he's not actually a 3, he seems obsessed with playing the bad ass to me.

Just clarifying, I didn't actually really say anything about my opinion of his type other than the first post I made. But that was more just me pointing out the irony that he was like STOP TYPING ME AS A 6!!!!1 when in reality this entire thread itself could be seen as a cp6ish response fighting back to being questioned.

I actually first thought 3w4 (I put it in the mistyped members thread), but then I figured cp6w7 would make more sense. But I'm not here to contest his type because I figure, until he does some ACTUAL checking in with reality, there's gonna be no winning him over.

Are you all sure he's not actually a 3, he seems obsessed with playing the bad ass to me, unaware that he's playing it too, like a 3 would be.

I think 3s would recognize when their attempts to influence or convince people are blatantly failing though.

As far as the OP is concerned, you can be whatever you like, I don't care.

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just clarifying, I didn't actually really say anything about my opinion of his type other than the first post I made. But that was more just me pointing out the irony that he was like STOP TYPING ME AS A 6!!!!1 when in reality this entire thread itself could be seen as a cp6ish response fighting back to being questioned.
I dunno. I felt this way when folks on another forum INSISTED that I retype as a 6. Sometimes it's just extremely annoying, frustrating, and even insulting to one's intelligence when people won't take your word on what you say you are/aren't after you've spent years studying and introspecting. I got the feeling (elsewhere) that if I came to any definite conclusions I was being "close-minded" or going "batshit", yet if I kept an open mind I was considered "indecisive" and "questioning". From the point of view of one who knows they're not a 6...well, again, it's just frustrating. I suppose a rant is in order.

I don't know what Badger is, btw, so I'm not here to enter an argument about that.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I dunno. I felt this way when folks on another forum INSISTED that I retype as a 6. Sometimes it's just extremely annoying, frustrating, and even insulting to one's intelligence when people won't take your word on what you say you are/aren't after you've spent years studying and introspecting. I got the feeling (elsewhere) that if I came to any definite conclusions I was being "close-minded" or going "batshit", yet if I kept an open mind I was considered "indecisive" and "questioning". From the point of view of one who knows they're not a 6...well, again, it's just frustrating. I suppose a rant is in order.

I don't know what Badger is, btw, so I'm not here to enter an argument about that.

What's your tritype? Core type?

MBTI type?

Instinctual stacking?

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What's your tritype?

Core type?

MBTI type?

Instinctual stacking?
I seem to be a 4/8 split. I know which one's the core, but not worth talking about. I DO type as 6 being my head-fix. ENTP. Likely sx/soc. Why?

á´…eparted

passages
Sometimes it's just extremely annoying, frustrating, and even insulting to one's intelligence when people won't take your word on what you say you are/aren't after you've spent years studying and introspecting.

Unsolicited typing of someone else is pretty much always a bad idea, and results in one or both parties getting pissed off. Indeed it does come across as insulting a lot of the time. Granted, sometimes it welcomed, but that's mostly if individuals have a good rapport with each other, and it's relavant to the discussion. It's when it's just takes somewhat out of left field that it comes out bad.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I seem to be a 4/8 split. I know which one's the core, but not worth talking about. I DO type as 6 being my head-fix. ENTP. Likely sx/soc. Why?

Cuz you don't have it written down, I feel like I've seen you change it a dozen times, I have very low confidence that you actually know your type and will still type yourself as the same thing six months from now, but I was wondering where you are at the current moment in time.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I agree with what you're saying here, but I'm pretty sure the first time badger had 6 suggested to him it was by [MENTION=13646]Haven[/MENTION] (who didn't even directly type him and just said the behavior he was exhibiting was more 6w7 than 7w8) and he responded by saying "um wtf no i hate 6s" or something along those lines. So it's the fact that he seems to view being a 6 as more of an insult to himself than being a different type he thought he was is more why I don't feel really sorry when people question him and I don't empathize with how he's reacting at all. :shrug:

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cuz you don't have it written down, I feel like I've seen you change it a dozen times, I have very low confidence that you actually know your type and will still type yourself as the same thing six months from now, but I was wondering where you are at the current moment in time.
Lol, what? I think you're mixing me up with someone else!

I've had the same signature for the last 6 months at least. I came here about a year ago typed as 4w5 xNFP but took that down after a couple months due to some peoples' lack of maturity in interacting with xxFPs. Still same tritype/stacking/signature, though. I guarantee I will be typed the same way in 6 months. Pinky promise.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Oh he's a 6 alright.

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree with what you're saying here, but I'm pretty sure the first time badger had 6 suggested to him it was by [MENTION=13646]Haven[/MENTION] (who didn't even directly type him and just said the behavior he was exhibiting was more 6w7 than 7w8) and he responded by saying "um wtf no i hate 6s" or something along those lines. So it's the fact that he seems to view being a 6 as more of an insult to himself than being a different type he thought he was is more why I don't feel really sorry when people question him and I don't empathize with how he's reacting at all. :shrug:
Well, that's fine. It may be so. Not sure if he's saying stuff because of what happened here or on another forum--I don't think feeling insulted to be a certain type is necessarily proof of being that type, however. It could simply be a personal bias or the wording of the description you've read. When I first got into enneagram, f'rinstance, I'd have been insulted to be called a 9 (can't handle problems) or 3 (too phony). I'm clearly not one of those types, but they stood in contrast to my own values. Luckily, I've advanced beyond my first impressions!

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Lol, what? I think you're mixing me up with someone else!

I've had the same signature for the last 6 months at least. I came here about a year ago typed as 4w5 xNFP but took that down after a couple months due to some peoples' lack of maturity in interacting with xxFPs. Still same tritype/stacking/signature, though. I guarantee I will be typed the same way in 6 months. Pinky promise.

Nah, I've got the right person.

Kurosawa frame and all.

(Which, btw, doesn't help.)

(It looks super 6ish.)

I was exaggerating, intentionally.

I don't trust your self-typing, tho.

No offense. I have absolutely nothing against you. I actually have always liked you.

You just have this particular quality... very unique to you... like nobody else on the forum...