• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How you view type __ vs how it is typically viewed by most people/descriptions

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1s
- more proud
- less rigid, more aggressively idealistic
- enjoys punishing/exacting justice side of morality (@EJCC describes 1s as "8s in chains". I think this is an apt description)

2s
- less helper, more seducer
- less gossiping hen, more swag
- less superego, more Id
- less "please love me", more "praise me bitches!"
- less church folk; more histrionic drama queen
- more assertive and confident
- more glory seeking
- more childish (except for Social 2)

3s
- less brag-y (that's 2, 7 and 8)
- less concerned with the opinions of most others (their self worth comes from accomplishments which generally speak for themselves)

4s
- more aggressive
- more elitist
- extremely vindictive

5s
- more practical; less purely intellectual
- more focused on physical resources
- more power oriented

6s
- usually extremely argumentative
- more vicious (even phobic 6s)
- more intellectual
- less loyal, more backstabbing
- (when healthy) more heroic

7s
- more aggressive
- more ambitious
- less bubbly entertainer; more ambitious
- less "the world is flowers and sunshine" more "the world has scarce resources and is not going to give me what I want, so I need to TAKE it!"

8s
- less magnanimous defender of the weak; more Dothraki barbarian
- more controlling of others
- in the average range: less "I don't mess with you if you don't mess with me" more genuinely sadistic

9s
- less "conflict is bad", more "I don't have the energy for this..."
- more quietly judgmental, constantly thinking "when is this guy gonna stfu...."
- more "most people piss me off, I just don't say anything"

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I generally agree with this. I also think variant and wing and MBTI type when combined with enneagram can play a factor.

As a type 5, I know I can be practical in addition to intellectual. I prefer the intellectual to the practical, it interests me more but I can do the practical just fine. I also have a 6 wing and sp/so variant, both of which I think contribute to some degree of practicality.

I am also somewhat focused on physical resources, again this could be SP variant talking.

As far as power focus goes, I don't really care about power over others but I do like the concept of power for myself. The power to take care of myself and to get what I want to get in life.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
again, i seriously don't think you're a 7. check back with 3. i never feel like the world offers me scarce resources or is is deliberately not giving them to me. the feeling is more like the world is incredibly rich in resources but they are mostly hidden from me because i am somehow not aware of all its extension, and i would be able to reach it if only i tried harder/different solutions/more imagination.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ agreed pink. there are SO MANY resources, and i'm just trying to keep up so i don't miss anything good.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes...especially the "i would be able to reach it if only i tried harder/different solutions/more imagination."

Really good on the 9s and 1s.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
6s... what I've seen is incredible variation, and little accuracy in any stereotype. Of the few common denominators: highly analytical, defensive, stubborn, cautious, warm, protective. Both w5 and w7 seem to share a 9ish idealization of an idyllic, comfortable life.

The "businessman" stereotype is usually true on paper (ie - 6s don't tend to move quickly from job to job) but the 6 themself will typically have more of a love/hate relationship with their company or organization. The 6 relationship with rules is similar; it's about being aware of the rules and their consequences, not necessarily at all about following them.

On loyalty... I wouldn't tend to say 6s are "backstabbing" because as far as I understand and as far as I have experienced myself it it's rarely, if ever, unwarranted treason - to "backstab" implies unfairness, but 6s are all about fairness. A 6 counterattack would be exactly that - countering someone else infringing upon them and/or their loved ones. A 6 can be unfailingly loyal to something or someone for a long period of time but as soon as they perceive an attack, that loyalty is gone. It hurts a lot to experience it, actually.

2s
- less helper, more seducer
- less gossiping hen, more swag
- less superego, more Id
- less "please love me", more "praise me bitches!"
- less church folk; more histrionic drama queen
- more assertive and confident
- more glory seeking
- more childish (except for Social 2)

I dunno. Definitely helper, but whether the help is actually helpful is questionable. Less gossiping hen, more backseat driver. Acknowledgement seeking, but I don't know about "glory". I would agree about histrionic and childish. I don't see why more Id than Superego. The 2 mindset is all about delayed gratification.

9s
- less "conflict is bad", more "I don't have the energy for this..."
- more quietly judgmental, constantly thinking "when is this guy gonna stfu...."
- more "most people piss me off, I just don't say anything"

Lol, yeah, I think these are great.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
again, i seriously don't think you're a 7. check back with 3.
I have, several times. it doesn't fit at all (try asking [MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION], [MENTION=17911]Animal[/MENTION] or any of the peeps I've talked to in real time. I don't have a drop of 3 in me). I'm lazy, daydreamy, cannot manipulate my image to save my life and am utterly oblivious to politics/how I come across. the only other type I could see myself as is a Sexual 6.

i never feel like the world offers me scarce resources or is is deliberately not giving them to me. the feeling is more like the world is incredibly rich in resources but they are mostly hidden from me because i am somehow not aware of all its extension, and i would be able to reach it if only i tried harder/different solutions/more imagination.
do you feel deprived? deprivation is a central theme of 7, though it can be experienced in many ways

S

Stansmith

[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

I think it's the fact that you're Gamma/socionics Se-valuing that's causing the discrepancy between you and other ENFP 7s.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
6s... what I've seen is incredible variation, and little accuracy in any stereotype. Of the few common denominators: highly analytical, defensive, stubborn, cautious, warm, protective. Both w5 and w7 seem to share a 9ish idealization of an idyllic, comfortable life.
yes, minus the protective. some 6s are too cowardly to be protective

The "businessman" stereotype is usually true on paper (ie - 6s don't tend to move quickly from job to job) but the 6 themself will typically have more of a love/hate relationship with their company or organization. The 6 relationship with rules is similar; it's about being aware of the rules and their consequences, not necessarily at all about following them.
I agree with this

I dunno. Definitely helper, but whether the help is actually helpful is questionable.
not in my experience, either with more credibly resources or with correctly typed 2s. this describes the people who mistype as 2 rather than actual 2s (usually a 9 or a female 6). your confusion is understandable though. Riso and Hudson (as well as many English speaking COMPLETELY bastardized this type with their descriptions

Less gossiping hen, more backseat driver.
I tend to see this as more 6/1, but it could work

Acknowledgement seeking, but I don't know about "glory".
well, glory is a bit more specifically the Social 2

I would agree about histrionic and childish. I don't see why more Id than Superego.
Naranjo makes it BLATANTLY obvious
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68300
tl;dr some themes he mentions for 2 are
- pride
- hedonism
- seductiveness
- assertiveness
- histrionism

also note the themes for 2:
Self Preservation 2: Egocentrism/"Me First"
ex: Paris Hilton, "Joffrey Baratheon", "Veruca Salt"
Social 2: Ambition
ex: Bradley Cooper, "Regina George", "Achilles" "Ash Ketchum" (Naranjo even types Napoleon and Julius Caesar as Social 2s!)
Sexual 2: Aggression and Seduction
ex: Casanova, Madonna, Eva Green's character from Dark Shadows :p (Naranjo types Scarlett O'Hara as Sexual 2, but I think she's 7w8)

^does ANY of this sound superego to you? :tongue:

The 2 mindset is all about delayed gratification.
no, it isn't. if anything, they probably lean more on the impatient/impulsive end of the spectrum most of the time

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]
I think it's the fact that you're Gamma/socionics Se-valuing that's causing the discrepancy between you and other ENFP 7s.

you might have a point. most of them are also 749 "Gentle Spirits" which ain't me at all

R

Riva

I have, several times. it doesn't fit at all (try asking [MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION], [MENTION=17911]Animal[/MENTION] or any of the peeps I've talked to in real time. I don't have a drop of 3 in me). I'm lazy, daydreamy, cannot manipulate my image to save my life and am utterly oblivious to politics/how I come across. the only other type I could see myself as is a Sexual 6.

Lolz at the can't save my life part which is true. He is definitely not a e3. He is so relaxed, extroverted, friendly yet overwhelming and totally doesn't give a crap (which is good and bad at the same time) and he is completely unconscious about 'so' needs.

He does have a i'm cool and slightly narcissistic 'vibe' but that is not because he is image conscious/concerned like a e3 but probably because he is lost in his head, unconcerned about what's going on, just wants what he wants and doesn't care how he comes across.

You could afford to have some so in you.

Also he is not a e6. That's retarded elfboy.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
[MENTION=13377]pinkgraffiti[/MENTION]
Yeah definitely not e3. There's no image manipulation - [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] doesn't even bother to angle the camera when he's chatting. He might check himself out in the frame once he sees himself, but he doesn't have the kind of pre-planned perfect camera setup for skyping that a 3 would. ;) Well that's just one silly example anyway. This lack of moment to moment concern around his image (though he still cares about being good looking and desirable) rings much more e7 than e3.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
again, i seriously don't think you're a 7. check back with 3. i never feel like the world offers me scarce resources or is is deliberately not giving them to me. the feeling is more like the world is incredibly rich in resources but they are mostly hidden from me because i am somehow not aware of all its extension, and i would be able to reach it if only i tried harder/different solutions/more imagination.

right...i feel like a kid in a candy store! like theres so so much and not enough time!

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
right...i feel like a kid in a candy store! like theres so so much and not enough time!

It depends a bit because sometimes it´s not just a matter of time but a matter of money (which I think was what elfboy referred to).

G

garbage

You're not a 3. Your 'correction' of the 3 description is spot on for me, though.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're not a 3. Your 'correction' of the 3 description is spot on for me, though.

why don't you think so? of course, taking into account instinctual variant and type.

i'm sure you know more about e3 than i do, so i'm genuinely curious about your thoughts on the subject.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm on board with [MENTION=17911]Animal[/MENTION] after talking to [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] on Skype for 5000 times (which needs to happen again soon btw!)

To be fair though, your justification for E7 was kinda broad.

I'm lazy, daydreamy, cannot manipulate my image to save my life and am utterly oblivious to politics/how I come across.

^All that could easily sound like an E9 too. I'm kinda starting to think [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] is onto something actually...

Also, put your hard-on for 2s away boy! We know you love em. :D

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] I'm still struggling to wrap my head around this reoriented 2 thing you're presenting. I'm down with histrionic, proud, assertive. Seductive for Sx, sure. But egocentric (more than 3 or 7?) and aggressive (more than 8?) And Joffrey as a 2? Why not 3 or 8?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] I'm still struggling to wrap my head around this reoriented 2 thing you're presenting. I'm down with histrionic, proud, assertive. Seductive for Sx, sure. But egocentric (more than 3 or 7?) and aggressive (more than 8?)
my point is, I'm not the one reorienting it. it is the conventional Western view of 2 that is the reoriented one.

And Joffrey as a 2? Why not 3 or 8?
not 3: he lacks deceit and image manipulation skills
not 8: he's a pussy and has no presence to him

Noon

If this is the Joff I think you guys are talking about, why is he not a 6?