• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How you view type __ vs how it is typically viewed by most people/descriptions

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
4s are often described as deep and similar things, but to me 4s seem to be the narcissistic, snobbish, "I'm a special snowflake, why does nobody appreciate me???" type.

6s
- usually extremely argumentative
- more vicious (even phobic 6s)
- more intellectual
- less loyal, more backstabbing
- (when healthy) more heroic

Yes! I mistyped as a 5 for a long time because 5s seem to be stereotyped as the "intellectual" type.

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Re: the bolded. Something I've noticed with the 6 folks in my life is that they're extremely loyal until they're suddenly not. Not totally sure where they draw that line, but it's been pretty jarring whenever I've run into it. (My 1w2 loyalty-dropping is much more predictable: betray me, or otherwise betray the principles which drew me to you in the first place, and you'll lose both my loyalty and my respect.)

This is because we 6s have a sort of love-hate relationship with our loyalties because of our anxiety fixation.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is because we 6s have a sort of love-hate relationship with our loyalties because of our anxiety fixation.
Interesting -- and makes sense. Sounds like another extension of the phobia/counterphobia thing.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
4s are often described as deep and similar things, but to me 4s seem to be the narcissistic, snobbish, "I'm a special snowflake, why does nobody appreciate me???" type.

That's a pretty tired stereotype too. Run into the ground at this point.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
8s
- less magnanimous defender of the weak; more Dothraki barbarian
- more controlling of others
- in the average range: less "I don't mess with you if you don't mess with me" more genuinely sadistic

As a 8w7 I can say none of this even remotely applies to me. Viewing 8's as "barbarians" is hardly any different than the stereotypical notion most have of us, same for being controlling of others.

And I'm guessing you have met mostly unhealthy 8's, because "sadistic" is not how I would describe us. Revengeful, yes, even merciless when we think someone deserves the worst, but not sadistic.

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]
I know what you mean. I've known three core 3s well in my life and one is very camera-aware, she's a photographer and model and every angle always looks perfect. I can be like this too, not just about my image, but about any person's image.. or any photo I take of nature, because I am very aware of beauty. Even a picture of a dead cat bleeding out of its eyes will be angled just so; because that is how I see things, I have a natural eye for beauty. It's not about trying to impress.. i have an impulse for things to be beautiful. My room is beautiful with each item placed expressively and meaningfully. I don't even have any local friends since I moved here, so it's beautiful because that is what I want, not because it impresses anybody. I am known in any place I have lived for being that person who unpacked and set up their room or dorm room along with the wall hangings before even sleeping the first night. I *must* be surrounded by beauty and honest self-expression or I cannot be creative in my own space. So this personal expression includes being angled a certain way in the camera.

I'm not sure that's related to Enneagram type. I could have written this myself, word for word, and I'm not a type 3. Granted, the rest of your post focusing on self image concern didn't apply to me but this description of how you see beauty was picth perfect.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
I'm not sure that's related to Enneagram type. I could have written this myself, word for word, and I'm not a type 3.
I was comparing and contrasting myself to a 3. I'm not a 3 either.

That being said, some of it might not be related to enneagram. I was just making the contrast between her awareness of beauty and how she uses it for her image, vs. mine.

Granted, the rest of your post focusing on self image concern didn't apply to me but this description of how you see beauty was picth perfect.

Yeah I know what you mean. Any type can have an eye for beauty of course.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was comparing and contrasting myself to a 3. I'm not a 3 either.

That being said, some of it might not be related to enneagram. I was just making the contrast between her awareness of beauty and how she uses it for her image, vs. mine.

Yeah I know what you mean. Any type can have an eye for beauty of course.

I noticed you're not a type 3. Been reading the "Signs You're a Type 4" thread, it's crazy how much I can relate. Maybe Ennegram 4 aligns with my MBTI type? It's the only explanation, I think.

By the way, do you now any test that indicates tritype? The ones I took only inform wings.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
he's not immediately identifiable as 2 because
- he is at the bottom of the levels of health for 2
- Sp 2 is the countertype of 2 (much likes Sx 6). the unhealthy Sp 2s act like aggressive, spoiled children demanding the world give them everything they "deserve". this fits Joffrey to a tee

2s are controlling, not aggressive. Unhealthy 2s still worry about driving people away. Joffrey is paranoid about being seen as weak, and terrified by the slightest bit of defiance. He's all talk and the first to wet himself when things get dicey. He's the classic paranoid, overreactive, whiney 6.

Though I'm not really sure what you mean when you talk about sp 2s demanding what they deserve.

I think 6s are more rebellious
2s are tougher

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
I noticed you're not a type 3. Been reading the "Signs You're a Type 4" thread, it's crazy how much I can relate. Maybe Ennegram 4 aligns with my MBTI type? It's the only explanation, I think.

By the way, do you now any test that indicates tritype? The ones I took only inform wings.
Hmm, in what ways can you relate? If you want to tag me over there, feel free =)

I mistyped at 8w7 for a long time, and other people had suggested 8w7 to me long before I even mistyped. I'm not suggesting you are mistyped but simply pointing out that 8s and 4s can have a lot in common, which people don't realize at a glance.

I don't think that tests work. I always test as a core 5 or 8, and I'm definitely a 4. The best way to figure it out is to fill out a questionnaire and do a type me thread, or just read a lot of enneagram literature ("Spiritual Dimensions of Enneagram " by Sandra Maitri, "Passions and Virtues" by Sandra Maitri, "Character and Neurosis" by Naranjo, "Enneagram" by Helen Palmer, etc)

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm, in what ways can you relate? If you want to tag me over there, feel free =)

I mistyped at 8w7 for a long time, and other people had suggested 8w7 to me long before I even mistyped. I'm not suggesting you are mistyped but simply pointing out that 8s and 4s can have a lot in common, which people don't realize at a glance.

I don't think that tests work. I always test as a core 5 or 8, and I'm definitely a 4. The best way to figure it out is to fill out a questionnaire and do a type me thread, or just read a lot of enneagram literature ("Spiritual Dimensions of Enneagram " by Sandra Maitri, "Passions and Virtues" by Sandra Maitri, "Character and Neurosis" by Naranjo, "Enneagram" by Helen Palmer, etc)

I relate in basically everything, seriously. I'll probably comment over that thread later.

I've always tested as 8w7 but I have never connected to anyone of the same type in forums. I think the only thing I've ever did on type 8 threads was to comment on how wrong people's stereotypes of 8's are. I used to be much more agressive than I am today when I was much younger though, I'd say I'm stil irritable with pet peeves, but nothing like that. I wonder if being assertive made me mix things up when taing the tests.

Yeah tests may not be very leliable, I just took one and got 4 and 5 along with 8. Will look into Ennegram literature except for Naranjo, who is convinced most people have pschological disturbes. His portraits are always bleak.

EDIT: do you know any good Ennegram questioanry?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
2s are controlling, not aggressive. Unhealthy 2s still worry about driving people away. Joffrey is paranoid about being seen as weak, and terrified by the slightest bit of defiance. He's all talk and the first to wet himself when things get dicey. He's the classic paranoid, overreactive, whiney 6.
the theme for Sexual 2 is "Aggression and Seduction". 2s also have a line to 8 under stress, so Social and Self Preservation 2s are also aggressive under stress (especially the males. think Theon)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=21109]Look Alive_Sunshine[/MENTION]
read :)

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=21109]Look Alive_Sunshine[/MENTION]
read :)

I've read it already. Naranjo focuses in extreme cases of unhealthy individuals, and your OP only touched on negative aspects of the types as well, except for type 3.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
I relate in basically everything, seriously. I'll probably comment over that thread later.

I've always tested as 8w7 but I have never connected to anyone of the same type in forums. I think the only thing I've ever did on type 8 threads was to comment on how wrong people's stereotypes of 8's are. I used to be much more agressive than I am today when I was much younger though, I'd say I'm stil irritable with pet peeves, but nothing like that. I wonder if being assertive made me mix things up when taing the tests.

Yeah tests may not be very leliable, I just took one and got 4 and 5 along with 8. Will look into Ennegram literature except for Naranjo, who is convinced most people have pschological disturbes. His portraits are always bleak.

EDIT: do you know any good Ennegram questioanry?

You can steal this one from another website, fill it out and put it in the "What's my type " forum here..??

http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-enneagram-type/111173-enneagram-questionnaire.html

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
Thank you for answering, I'm actually already answering the questioanry now :)

Sweet! Feel free to tag me. I'm very very busy and not that active with typing others but if I have a chance or any thoughts, I will let you know. I do better typing people slowly over time rather than analyzing a questionnaire, personally; but there are other people who can decipher it more easily.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sweet! Feel free to tag me. I'm very very busy and not that active with typing others but if I have a chance or any thoughts, I will let you know. I do better typing people slowly over time rather than analyzing a questionnaire, personally; but there are other people who can decipher it more easily.

How do I tag you?

Oh, I completely understand. In fact I think finding our type over time is better than trying to lock it down too fast. Last mistypings if you do it that way.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
How do I tag you?

Oh, I completely understand. In fact I think finding our type over time is better than trying to lock it down too fast. Last mistypings if you do it that way.

Just write my name with the @ symbol before it. But the symbol should be directly beside the name. Then it shows up like this: [MENTION=17911]Animal[/MENTION]