• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Could I be a Sexual 6?

7 or 6?

• correctly typed (with cp Sexual 6 wing)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 7w6 Sp/Sx (you're aggressive cuz you're Sp 7)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6w7 Sx/Sp (too aggressive to be Sx 7)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7w8 (there's nothing 6 about you, that's 8 you dumbass!)

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • other

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
honestly, I think a lot of my frustration comes from the conflicting, rather nebulous information out there on the Enneagram. I never had this problem at all with MBTI, because the functions are more agreed upon. looked at them and said "I'm Ne as fuck, I'm Fi as fuck, my Te is decent and Si stuff is my Achilles heel. I'm ENFP". apart from reconsidering INFP for my type a few times (which doesn't make a world of difference, since the top two functions are the same), I haven't really doubted it.

with Enneagram, I think what's happening is I'm getting trapped in this Ne-Te loop of bouncing off ideas and possibilities and asking for more and more info, little of which is anything new or of any actual use to me cuz I end up going in circles (this is also very head center)

Enneagram is a shit show. People are trying to assign surface manifestations to the types and failing. Enneagram institute would have me as a 6, helen palmer has me as either an 8 or a 4, naranjo has me as an 8, eclectic energies has me as a 7...

Its tough but Ive decided that I am going to be the one telling others what it means to be the same type as me, whether they agree or disagree.

The best part about being a cult leader is the passive income.

You'll get it eventually.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enneagram is a shit show. People are trying to assign surface manifestations to the types and failing. Enneagram institute would have me as a 6, helen palmer has me as either an 8 or a 4, naranjo has me as an 8, eclectic energies has me as a 7...
Its tough but Ive decided that I am going to be the one telling others what it means to be the same type as me, whether they agree or disagree.
I can sympathize

the Fauvres: 8w7 (like, I would be a fuckin textbook 8w7 according to them LOL)
Enneagram Institute: 4w3
Naranjo: 7w6
Riso and Hudson: 7w8

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
It just sounds like you are ready to graduate the school of typology and get a real life. ;)

See what you actually are from all angles, lenses and functional viewpoints, then teach people what it means to be what you are.

I tell people that the key defining trait to being an 8w7 is the appearance of being a living suicide. Might not be completely true but I can only be as accurate as myself.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
in other words... yolo

I think palmer got my beautiful human side, and naranjo got my bad side.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It just sounds like you are ready to graduate the school of typology and get a real life. ;)
See what you actually are from all angles, lenses and functional viewpoints, then teach people what it means to be what you are.
I tell people that the key defining trait to being an 8w7 is the appearance of being a living suicide. Might not be completely true but I can only be as accurate as myself.
*looks at your post count*
you have a point, but maybe you should consider taking your own advise here :p

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7

I run a gym, make youtube videos and live in an RV and am a week or so away from becomming a roughneck. Im still working on it but my youtube channel and "MBTI EXPERT" status is old news to me at this point.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7

I run a gym, make youtube videos and live in an RV and am a week or so away from becomming a roughneck. Im still working on it but my youtube channel and "MBTI EXPERT" status is old news to me at this point. Im here because I enjoy the people and its a source of meaningful conversation as I transition over to having more friends offline than online.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Im at the point now where I read enneagram books as simply a perspective and not utter truth. Its still interesting to read various PERSPECTIVES on 8s and see what new info I can learn.

most of my posts are asking how to deal with others anyway.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
over at PerC, I contemplated this a few times, and people just blew me off, so I thought I'd ask here where people have seen a bit more of my combative side. overall, the natural pitfalls of 7 fit me far better than those of 6, but I feel like I'm way too fucking aggressive to be Sexual 7w6. anyway, I'll spare my usual narcissistic, self-descriptive dribble. have at it bitches!
[MENTION=17911]Animal[/MENTION] [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] [MENTION=12223]Viridian[/MENTION] [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]
you know me well. thoughts?

The question is why are you aggressive? Is it to protect what is yours, to find out someone's motives , or just for fun? Or some other reason?

Can you give three recent examples of when you were aggressive and what happened or what might have caused that reaction?

FTR I have always thought of you as 7w6 but I'm willing to give some other types a good think. :)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Overly analytical, yes, but I don't really see you as defensive. You seem more proactive than reactive. That basically takes core 6 off the table.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

I don't really see sx6 in you. You don't seem to have expressed enough Reactive type sentiments, for one thing. However, I am open to discussion.

Questions that might help this discussion:
- In what ways are you aggressive, and what tends to provoke these aggressions?
- How do you related to type 6/not relate to type 6? How about sx6?
- Why not 7w8?
- Tell me why you're not a core 8.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't really see sx6 in you. You don't seem to have expressed enough Reactive type sentiments, for one thing. However, I am open to discussion.
good point

Questions that might help this discussion:
- In what ways are you aggressive, and what tends to provoke these aggressions?
for the most part, it goes unspoken and unacted upon. some urges I have are
- violently abusing my parents (when they're condescending and belligerent)
- beating the shit out of someone just to prove that I can do it. most of the time, I sit there hoping someone will cross the line. trouble is, people can tell, so they don't (my college has a very polite, friendly atmosphere)
- part of me is still a spoiled little boy who wants to throw a tantrum and punch someone when he doesn't get his way

- How do you related to type 6/not relate to type 6? How about sx6?
some 6-ish traits I possess are
- heightened sense of danger
- more prone to self-doubt/self-questioning than a 7w8
- naturally cowardly/avoidant (I used to get beat up and would just curl into a ball)
- desire for safety and predictability (though this is partially out of laziness LOL)
- when I was younger, I lacked courage or assertiveness and was a good little boy because I was afraid of getting in trouble (even compared to other 7w6s, I was pretty compliant)

at the end of the day, I'm still a scared little kid who wants to become a badass

- Why not 7w8?
- Tell me why you're not a core 8.
my 8-ish tendencies didn't develop until around 14 or so.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Overly analytical, yes, but I don't really see you as defensive. You seem more proactive than reactive. That basically takes core 6 off the table.

^my opinion :alttongue:

I never really saw you as aggressive either though. Your energy for me is a lot more calming, but maybe that's because you like me hahah.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i get a 3w4 vibe from you. sx/so.

B

brainheart

I voted for sp/sx 7 but I could also see 3 sx/so, not sexual 7 and especially not sx/sp + 7w6 + ENFP.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i get a 3w4 vibe from you. sx/so.
what about me vibes 3? (I'm like the most non-deceitful person I know)

[MENTION=7140]brainheart[/MENTION]
yeah, that makes sense

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
good point
Yeah, that would be the main thing.

for the most part, it goes unspoken and unacted upon. some urges I have are
- violently abusing my parents (when they're condescending and belligerent)
- beating the shit out of someone just to prove that I can do it. most of the time, I sit there hoping someone will cross the line. trouble is, people can tell, so they don't (my college has a very polite, friendly atmosphere)
- part of me is still a spoiled little boy who wants to throw a tantrum and punch someone when he doesn't get his way
Number one doesn't sound type-related, it sounds like you have an aversion to being treated like shit. Do you yell at them, hit them, or just bitch about them, though?
Number two sounds like some sort of male phenomenon more than a cp6 (or other type-related) thing. Or maybe a human phenomenon in general. Frankly, we're quite repressed in larger society.
Number three sounds like an id type in general.

some 6-ish traits I possess are
- heightened sense of danger
- more prone to self-doubt/self-questioning than a 7w8
- naturally cowardly/avoidant (I used to get beat up and would just curl into a ball)
- desire for safety and predictability (though this is partially out of laziness LOL)
- when I was younger, I lacked courage or assertiveness and was a good little boy because I was afraid of getting in trouble (even compared to other 7w6s, I was pretty compliant)
These things could indicate a number of types, IMO. I don't think the cowardliness you speak of in necessarily correlated to 6--their doubts come from their overthinking, not from being afraid of getting beaten up, per se. I also would have guessed most kids are afraid of getting in trouble--I remember feeling this way, but still marveled at how much everyone else seemed to avoid it more than I did. You'll have to tell me about your self-doubts and self-questioning, though, as well as your sense of danger and desire for predictability. How does this show up in your life?

at the end of the day, I'm still a scared little kid who wants to become a badass
I'd guess that was true for most of us.

my 8-ish tendencies didn't develop until around 14 or so.
When you hit puberty, in other words. All I can say is that other core 8s have reported similar phenomena--they became more warlike around puberty, or else they learned to chill out about things. Changes happen. What would you classify as your "8ish tendencies" right now, though?

EDIT: Also, I'm following what others are saying--why not core 9? You've talked at great length about how you've got a lower energy level than the hyperactivity most 7s seem to encapsulate, how you're more chill and lazy. I'm actually really interested to know your thoughts on this one.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=18576]Sanjuro[/MENTION]
Number one doesn't sound type-related
I agree

it sounds like you have an aversion to being treated like shit. Do you yell at them, hit them, or just bitch about them, though?
I scold them, they ignore me, I scold them again, they ignore me and, finally, I fight the urge to beat the shit out of them because there really isn't a whole lot I can do.

Number two sounds like some sort of male phenomenon more than a cp6 (or other type-related) thing. Or maybe a human phenomenon in general. Frankly, we're quite repressed in larger society.
I can agree with that. more specifically, it's a young male phenomenon. I think some degree of it is healthy. it's there because I have little real power, and, it's a necessary fuel for any ambitious young person because it is what propels us to get REAL power.

Number three sounds like an id type in general.
imo it sounds mostly 7 or 2

When you hit puberty, in other words. All I can say is that other core 8s have reported similar phenomena--they became more warlike around puberty, or else they learned to chill out about things.
this has been my experience with Sexual 6s who type as 8s rather than the real 8s I know, who were mostly delinquent children :laugh:

Changes happen. What would you classify as your "8ish tendencies" right now, though?
- power seeking
- a bit sadistic (though not enough to type as 8 core/fix/wing)
- disdain for taking orders or being controlled (which is not exclusively 8. most 7s would report the same feelings)
- general feeling of "revenge against the world" (as opposed to petty vendettas, which are more 4/6)
- drive to dominate (sometimes, not always)

some things which are blatantly not 8
- a friend brought to my attention that I'm placating when someone comes at me aggressively. most of the time, my thoughts are "they're just pissed. the real issue will be easy to solve once they calm down", then I realize later "that guy was an ass, I should checked his ass WAY harder" (it's no much an unwillingness to use force as much as not realizing when I actually need to. [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] could have a point, because this sounds like a 9 tendency)
- I lay low until I know I can win. I'm not going to lie to you or be sneaky or passive aggressive, but I know when I am outmatched and I lack 8's awareness of
- when someone insults me, my first instinct is "oh dear, I probably did something wrong", which is very 6 (should have mentioned this earlier).
- I daydream about power far more than actually seeking it (working on this one lol)
- it's unnatural for me to act on my aggression without knowing what to do first (mature 8s will wait for the right time to strike and not indulge their impulses, but their first pull is still "smash dis bitch!".

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I scold them, they ignore me, I scold them again, they ignore me and, finally, I fight the urge to beat the shit out of them because there really isn't a whole lot I can do.
Could you be young and hate your parents? Really??

:notype:

I can agree with that. more specifically, it's a young male phenomenon. I think some degree of it is healthy. it's there because I have little real power, and, it's a necessary fuel for any ambitious young person because it is what propels us to get REAL power.
Sure, that's what makes us ambitious enough to leave the home and start our own lives.

imo it sounds mostly 7 or 2
Problem solved.

this has been my experience with Sexual 6s who type as 8s rather than the real 8s I know, who were mostly delinquent children :laugh:
8s are inherently criminals. Sx6s are inherently wannabes. I forgot.

- power seeking
- a bit sadistic (though not enough to type as 8 core/fix/wing)
- disdain for taking orders or being controlled (which is not exclusively 8. most 7s would report the same feelings)
- general feeling of "revenge against the world" (as opposed to petty vendettas, which are more 4/6)
- drive to dominate (sometimes, not always)
Tell me about your sadism and vengeance. Also, your domination. What ways does that manifest? I'd think as a 7 (or 9), you'd share enough access to core 8 to see some of this stuff if you look hard enough, but I'm interested in hearing more.

some things which are blatantly not 8
- a friend brought to my attention that I'm placating when someone comes at me aggressively. most of the time, my thoughts are "they're just pissed. the real issue will be easy to solve once they calm down", then I realize later "that guy was an ass, I should checked his ass WAY harder" (it's no much an unwillingness to use force as much as not realizing when I actually need to. [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] could have a point, because this sounds like a 9 tendency)
- I lay low until I know I can win. I'm not going to lie to you or be sneaky or passive aggressive, but I know when I am outmatched and I lack 8's awareness of
- when someone insults me, my first instinct is "oh dear, I probably did something wrong", which is very 6 (should have mentioned this earlier).
- I daydream about power far more than actually seeking it (working on this one lol)
- it's unnatural for me to act on my aggression without knowing what to do first (mature 8s will wait for the right time to strike and not indulge their impulses, but their first pull is still "smash dis bitch!".
The only thing I'd say is specifically "not 8" is the bolded.

- The first point could simply be a matter of overestimating yourself or just not wanting to bother with something petty. If you avoided for the sake of feeling "less than", then I'd say that ruled out 8, but that isn't what you suggested.
- The second, I'd have guessed that an 8 is capable of laying low, too, if they want an optimal outcome. As I'm learning, 8s are more about SELF INTEREST than about exposing themselves unnecessarily. They are prone to overestimating themselves at times, particularly when unhealthy, but I'd say selfishness and domination (hence, choosing the right moment to strike) is equally 8ish. It would depend on both the individual and the problem in question.
- Third, I dunno if that's indicative of anything.
- Daydreaming is part of your psychological structure, too. Take it for what it's worth.
- The last thing here suggests a head type if anything, because you're relying on the "map" of the terrain, rather than instinct. Still, I wouldn't have said anything ruled out any type specifically.

I think there's just kind of a myth around type 8, that's all. You don't really strike me as an 8, but it's worth going through how much it plays a role in your life.

Everything Is Fire

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

One specific thing that makes me lean away from 7w8 is that particular example of sensitivity you shared with me over Skype (Gentleman Bastard). Honestly, that's something I could never see my 7w8 cousin or uncles ever doing in their life. Frankly, I feel like if they were the same age as you when that happened and witnessed it, they probably would've teased you and called you a pussy. Of course, that doesn't necessarily point away from w8 on its own but just wanted to share my 2 C's.

Personally, I voted for correctly typed based on the small interaction we had with each other. Sx7w6 seems right to me.