• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI, Enneagram, and Zodiac correlations (my revision of PTypes correlations)...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Zodiac Sign, MBTI, Enneagram

NF Temperament, Water
Cancer, ENFJ, 2w3
Cancer, INFJ, 4w5
Scorpio, ENFP, 6w5
Pisces, INFP, 4w3

NT Temperament, Air
Gemini, ENTP, 7w6
Gemini, INTP, 5w6
Libra, ENTJ, 1w9
Aquarius, INTJ, 5w4

SJ Temperament, Earth
Taurus, ISTJ, 9w8
Virgo, ESFJ, 2w1
Virgo, ISFJ, 6w5
Capricorn, ESTJ, 1w2

SP Temperament, Fire
Aries, ISTP, 8w9
Leo, ESFP, 3w2
Leo, ISFP, 3w4
Sagittarius, ESTP, 7w8

PTypes.com lists Cancer as an ESFJ, but I found this inaccurate, because while Cancers are conventional and cautious like a J, the sign is also known for having a vivid imagination like an N and for being very loyal like an F.

I typed Virgo as ESFJ and ISFJ instead, because they are considered to be "servants" but as an Earth sign, they're more inclined to serve in more practical ways.

As for the Fire signs, yes, I'm aware that they're often labeled as "Intuitive," but in terms of modern MBTI theory (which is ultimately quite deviant from the original Jungian functions), I think the more correct term is impulsive.

I plan on making another one of these sorts of lists, but only with Zodiac and MBTI correlations, and not based on Temperament, but based on energy direction (E or I) and cognitive preference (S or N). Because fire and air signs tend to be more extraverted, but fire signs said to be more concrete in thinking while air signs are more abstract.

Earth and water signs are more introverted, but earth is more concrete and water is more abstract.

And naturally, this is based on my readings of astrology and what each signs represent. I do not necessarily believe in it, so naturally, it is possible for a Capricorn (which I labeled ESTJ) to be an INFP (which I labeled for Pisces).

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Zodiac...? :thumbdown:

You forgot to include the Chinese Zodiac... you know, where everyone born in the same 365 days has the same personality.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I really like what you have done.

Well what can I say? I have a lot of time on my hands! :D

And Jennifer, the only thing I know about the Chinese Zodiac is that I'm an Ox. I like the Greek Zodiac because it's more precise. And if you actually look up your birth chart and get an interpretation, you'll most likely find that it's not all bullshit.

The first personality assessment tool I was interested in was Western Astrology, then I took this little MBTI questionnaire in high school (it wasn't a real MBTI, more like the boxes of each choices, similar to the one in Do What You Are), so that's when I started to see that connection.

I'm a Pisces Sun, Cancer Moon, and Gemini Rising, by the way.

Alienclock

MBTI Type
infp
I am Cancer Sun, Pisces Rising, and Virgo Moon. Virgo is my only earth sign. I have no fixed signs. My signs are mainly water and fire, which is kind of odd.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel that my personality is more like a Scorpio. Though I'm often funny like a Gemini. I identify with Scorpio because I have an attraction to morbid things and I am really big on loyalty.

But my chart has mostly Cardinal signs. I, too, have mostly water signs; Sun in Pisces, Moon in Cancer, of course, but I also have Mercury in Pisces, Saturn and Pluto in Scorpio. My fire signs: Venus and Mars in Aries, Uranus in Sagittarius. Neptune is in Capricorn, which is my only earth sign. Jupiter is in Aquarius, my only air sign unless you count my Gemini rising.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And Jennifer, the only thing I know about the Chinese Zodiac is that I'm an Ox. I like the Greek Zodiac because it's more precise. And if you actually look up your birth chart and get an interpretation, you'll most likely find that it's not all bullshit.

Actually, it was Forer-Effect bullshit through and through.

But thanks for asking. :)

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
You're right that you have to delve deeper than just a sun sign. Even then, I have my Sun in Gemini by only two degrees and my ascending sign is Aries by only nine degrees.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Cancer
INFJ
Enneagram 5w6 or 5w9&1. *shrug* Don't know about all of the 'rising' stuff, though.
Born in the year of the Monkey.

Last edited:

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a Sagittarius (actually, some places say I'm a Scorpio because I was born on the 22nd), and I'm an 8w9...and if I were to be a Scorpio, then, yes, it would be sort of correct either way.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
It's funny...I'm apparently the most un-Taurus-y Taurus. My boyfriend couldn't believe it, because he's never gotten along with people who are born Taurus...that is, until me! :D

This kind of makes me not really believe it to be true. I'm sure there's some part of my personality in there, but a lot of things in my sign's description are kind of Senorish preferences. (Which I have, just not in any prominant way.)

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
PTypes.com lists Cancer as an ESFJ, but I found this inaccurate, because while Cancers are conventional and cautious like a J, the sign is also known for having a vivid imagination like an N and for being very loyal like an F.
Years ago, I asked Dave Kelly how he correlated his types. At the time, he was a big Socionics fan, which reflects the inverse of enneagram/mbti correlations for introverts. At the time, I figured the ascending sign played into determining correlation, since it is the sign that we show the world until around middle age. I have attempted to paste my information into a post, however I continue to have trouble. Does anyone else have problems that show in preview screen, however when you hit the submit button very little gets posted?

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Here's mine:
Sun-Gemini
Moon-Taurus
Mercury-Gemini
Venus- Taurus
Mars-Aries
Jupiter-Capricorn
Saturn- Capricorn
Uranus-Leo
Neptune-Scorpio
Pluto-Virgo
North Node-Virgo
Chart Area-Keyword-Number of planets per chart area-Proportional Value

FIRE- Physical- 3- 33%
EARTH- Practical- 5- 35%
AIR- Intellectual- 2- 29%
WATER- Emotional- 1- 2%

CARDINAL-Emotional- 4- 39%
FIXED- Reliable- 4- 29%
MUTABLE- Flexible- 3- 31%

NORTH- Sociable- 3- 6%
SOUTH- Individualistic- 7- 43%
EAST- Creative- 6- 43%
WEST- Active- 4- 6%

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
I'm a Sagittarius (actually, some places say I'm a Scorpio because I was born on the 22nd), and I'm an 8w9...and if I were to be a Scorpio, then, yes, it would be sort of correct either way.

Oooooh--me too! 22 Nov, can't recall my natal chart tho.... Year of the Rooster, and yeah, I'm a cocky thing. ;)

meshou

MBTI Type
INXP
As a side note, the traditional NF temperment correlation is choleric-- Fire.

Air'd be SP (sanguine), Earth SJs (melancholic) and NTs Water (phlematic).

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As a side note, the traditional NF temperment correlation is choleric-- Fire.

Air'd be SP (sanguine), Earth SJs (melancholic) and NTs Water (phlematic).

Yes, but then it doesn't make any sense if you correlate them with the Zodiac Signs.

What's said about the SP temperament is more related to the Fire signs, since Fire is impulsive and spontaneous.

The SJ temperament correlates with Earth because it's said to be stable and traditional.

NT correlates with Air because it's said to be intellectual and logical

Finally, NF correlates with Water because it's said to be emotional and intuitive.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
*blinks* My question is do Zodiac signs... western or chinese really mean anything significant? I agree with Jennifer that this is merely Forer's effect.

I'm born in November... a scorpio, by chinese zodiac I'm a rat. Also a 4w5 INFJ... I don't see how any of those things fit together.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Zodiac Sign, MBTI, Enneagram

NF Temperament, Water
Cancer, ENFJ, 2w3
Cancer, INFJ, 4w5
Scorpio, ENFP, 6w5
Pisces, INFP, 4w3

NT Temperament, Air
Gemini, ENTP, 7w6
Gemini, INTP, 5w6
Libra, ENTJ, 1w9
Aquarius, INTJ, 5w4

SJ Temperament, Earth
Taurus, ISTJ, 9w8
Virgo, ESFJ, 2w1
Virgo, ISFJ, 6w7
Capricorn, ESTJ, 1w2

SP Temperament, Fire
Aries, ESTP, 8w7
Leo, ESFP, 3w2
Leo, ISFP, 3w4
Sagittarius, ISTP, 8w9

I typed Virgo as ESFJ and ISFJ instead, because they are considered to be "servants" but as an Earth sign, they're more inclined to serve in more practical ways.

As for the Fire signs, yes, I'm aware that they're often labeled as "Intuitive," but in terms of modern MBTI theory (which is ultimately quite deviant from the original Jungian functions), I think the more correct term is impulsive.

I plan on making another one of these sorts of lists, but only with Zodiac and MBTI correlations, and not based on Temperament, but based on energy direction (E or I) and cognitive preference (S or N). Because fire and air signs tend to be more extraverted, but fire signs said to be more concrete in thinking while air signs are more abstract.

Earth and water signs are more introverted, but earth is more concrete and water is more abstract.

And naturally, this is based on my readings of astrology and what each signs represent. I do not necessarily believe in it, so naturally, it is possible for a Capricorn (which I labeled ESTJ) to be an INFP (which I labeled for Pisces).

Seems to me that the ENTJ is an epitome of an 8. A wingless 8 or a w7. They tend to be somewhat adventurous.

6 is generally correlated with Si. So ENTPs shouldnt have a 6 wing as Si is their inferior function. Wingless 7, or 7w8. W8 because many of them are influence seekers and in effect highly influential. They share the SP need to 'make an impact' to a considerable degree.

INTP shouldnt be a 5w6...Fi is the quintissential 4 function...Ti shares the root in introverted judgment...5w6 generally tend to be ISTPs..as they dont have this penchant for the artistic and alogical that the INTPs have from Ne..

ENFP is definitely not 6... they are not very security conscious...

As Extroverted Intuitors they should be placed as 7s... I am somewhat puzzled as to how you had them at a w5!?

5s are dispassionate problem solvers...5 corresponds with Ti the most...7 with the Ne...

ISTP is defnitely not an 8... Quintissential 8 should be an ENTJ... they have powerful personalities that were born to lead... ISTPs tend to prefer to be in the background...

1 should have nothing to do with 'SJ'...

1s are forceful visionaries....long term thinkers who have a need to live their life in accordance to their internally founded vision...they are definitely averse to the convention..whilst SJs tend to gravitate towards it.

ISTJ can not be 9... Even though SJs have a co-operative as opposed to Utilitarian mindset...they are more concerned with doing good deeds than having good will(like NFs)..

Essentially 9s are the classical mediators... they see the big picture very well and have an intense... feeling-founded need to please others (having good will not the SJish doing good deeds)...so this should be the ENFP or INFP...preferrably ENFP....because they could see the big picture of the external world more proficiently with their dominant extroverted intuition... ISTJs are just the opposite of this with Introverted Sensing being their dominant function..and as Thinkers..they dont have a deep...personal need to make others happy..

ESTPs shouldnt be 8... 8 is basically a Te function... more ENTJ than ESTJ...

3 is more represenative of Extroverted Sensing (ESTP and ESFP)

ISFJs shouldnt have a 7 wing... as they tend to be far from adventurous with their dominant Introverted Sensing..