• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Once, a man in a bar...

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Once a man in a bar sat down next to me and asked me to punch him in the face. I asked for confirmation, and then punched him in the face. Then he punched me in the face, I was expecting it as part of the deal.

Would you have punched him, relate the answer to your E-type and instinctual stacking. Please additionally speculate on levels of inebriation, testosterone and social classes.

P.S. That was not a normal night for me.

á´…eparted

passages
Wtf? I assume he was really plastered. I know of and hear of people who do this, but thankfully I have never experienced it.

I wouldn't. I would also assume I'd be punched back, and considering I have a low pain tollerance, and would be very concerned of potential long-term cosmetic damage and fees from doctor/hospital visits. It wouldn't make any sense to engage. Even if I were rip-roaring drunk I still wouldn't.

As for how it relates to being 1w2... I'm not sure? I don't like physical confrontations like that. I have no useful experience in self-defense (and quite frankly don't have the interest either). Fighting someone in any regard when there is truly no purpose to it whatsoever makes absolutely no sense. I'm not going to entertain it.

I doubt it has too much to do with it, but I am a guy, I assume my testosterone levels are average, and am middle class for all intents and purposes.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Would you punch him? Yes.

What's your type? IRISH

Cygnus

Only if I could be assured he wouldn't return the favor like he did to you.

I don't give a crap about social classes. There are two classes of people: those whom I know and those I don't know. If he introduced himself to me, I'd gladly do a favor for him.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd maybe do it if it was a guy because I have a secret violent side. Even though I've never gotten in a real fight.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

No thanks, Jeff.

I like the way my face looks.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm not sure if I would do it or not. But I know for a fact that if he punched me back, I'd be surprised and I would consider it as uncalled for as a random punch any other time, and it would lead to a real fight.

I'm a 5, but I'm not sure it's related. Perhaps a 5's emphasis on the abstract makes the return punch a rude surprise because the request was phrased as a favor.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd probably have silly-soft-punched him. In most situations I feel like I could get away with and it would probably make him smile. I'm pretty okay acting intuitively with those sorts of situations. NF feeling around, P flow with the moment, Soc warm friendliness with a little Sx one-on-one openness and playfulness and empathy. Not sure how to relate my enneagram. 6w7 connects to others easily, I guess. And usually has a good sense of how to disarm.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Yes, i would have punched him. I wouldn't have expected a hit to the face back, but i've never had a black eye, so i'd curious as to how that would feel.

Also, i wouldn't tell anyone the truth about the black eye and be all 'uhhh.... i ran into a door... um... i fell down the stairs...uhhhhhrm... the cat kicked me" to make @JivinJeffJones look bad. <3

Oh, wait, there was other stuff to answer.

Okay, the likelihood of me punching goes up exponentially with inebriation state.

I have no idea what my instinctual stacking is. However, as an E9, this does not count as confrontation, so I am more than happy to oblige and punch as hard as I can.

Social class? Uhh. I have no idea. I think I'm better than some people I catch the bus with, for example, some people who don't have all their front teeth. I also think I'm better than people who don't know how to correctly use they're, their and there.

I want to punch THOSE people in the face.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would have gone the other way quickly.

This is actually evidence AGAINST both my supposed type and stacking, not to mention my tritype.

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No. I've been in these situations before and they didn't end well.

I have no idea how this would relate to being a 4.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No. I've been in these situations before and they didn't end well.

I have no idea how this would relate to being a 4.

How it relate could be connected to how you ended up in those situations in the first place? Maybe you appreciate the environment where these types of things happen?

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
How it relate could be connected to how you ended up in those situations in the first place? Maybe you appreciate the environment where these types of things happen?

I don't know. When I agreed to do this in the past, the people that approached seemed really enthusiastic about it and/or had a specific reason for wanting to get hit, and I decided that since they felt so strongly about it that I should do what they asked. And I guess they saw something in me that signaled to them that I be willing to grant their strange request.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Once a man in a bar sat down next to me and asked me to punch him in the face. I asked for confirmation, and then punched him in the face. Then he punched me in the face, I was expecting it as part of the deal.

Would you have punched him, relate the answer to your E-type and instinctual stacking. Please additionally speculate on levels of inebriation, testosterone and social classes.

Well that's just plain weird :) because I've never been asked that.

I don't know if I would have punched him or not, would depend on what I see about the situation - incl. who exactly asks - and probably also on my mood. How that relates to my E-type, good question.

Btw if for some reason I was expecting there would be a punch back in return, I would ensure that I wouldn't get punched in return, I relate to what [MENTION=325]EffEmDoubleyou[/MENTION] thinks about the fairness of it.

I'm female - with likely higher testosterone influence in the womb -, normal middle class I suppose, and I'd be more likely to see it as a fun crazy thing with enough alcohol. (That latter thing, 7-ish influence I think.)

P.S. That was not a normal night for me.

Good you noted that ;)

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He could be lawsuit baiting. Who knows. Some jerks are creative. Try to tell a judge that the he asked for it, and I bet my ass he would not believe it. Chances are he hears rapists saying the same thing on a weekly basis.

Also, what's in for me here? There are risks involved, and I'm not getting any compensation for it.

That's a 5w6 sp-dom answer for you, son.

:drwho:

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If I really liked the guy and I was really drunk, I would've punched him in the face, otherwise probably not. This makes no sense at all.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This reminds me of my friend who used to get drunk and want to play 'Slaps' where you take turns smacking each other across the face. Since I've never punched anyone in the face, slapping is something I'm much more likely to do upon request.

That said, I did slap my friend when she asked me to, and she slapped me back...hard. So I felt like I had underslapped the first time and came back with more force in the second round. I think e7 likes a rush/novel experience, especially in a party situation. I'm not sure if I would have hit a stranger, especially in public, but at a house party with a friend, why not?

EDIT: IMO, punching is significantly more violent than slapping. i'm all for fun and getting a little crazy, but when i think people might start actually getting hurt, i draw a hard line. watching people get whopped in the face and bleeding or getting their noses broken would be a pretty instant buzz kill for me, and i'd probably feel the urge to leave the situation.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Back in childhood, there was a prank in which a person A would challenge person B to a 'whoever hits softer win' duel. Often, B accepted and played accordingly.

In his turn, A would go full power on B and declare 'you win'.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I had spelled out the whole situation, it would've sounded more relatable, but I was kind of interested in reactions to it from different types of people.

We had met at the bar earlier in the night and had a quick chat, the guy is from Leeds, England. Later on, when there was a bit of beer in him, somebody started playing a run of good ol' Manchester bands, New Order, Stone Roses, etc. He was talking to people saying that he felt like he was home again. Then he sat down next to me and asked me to hit him, I got the impression this was what would make it *really* feel like he was in a hometown bar. I used to do some MA, so I'm pretty familiar with what kind of hitting where does what. I figured a little brawling is a totally acceptable bonding experience in his part of the world, so he knew some of that too. So, I trusted the situation.

EDIT: IMO, punching is significantly more violent than slapping. i'm all for fun and getting a little crazy, but when i think people might start actually getting hurt, i draw a hard line. watching people get whopped in the face and bleeding or getting their noses broken would be a pretty instant buzz kill for me, and i'd probably feel the urge to leave the situation.

Yeah, I hit him where and hard enough I knew he would feel it, but any damage would be pretty minimal. He did the same. There was a bit of swelling and tenderness for a while, no full shiner, though. :D

It's not all that different from slapping. I was actually taught a way to slap the holy living shit out of a man, because if find the need to defend yourself and there are witnesses, he 'slapped' him sounds pretty weak in court.