• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] enneatyping an INTJ

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm trying to enneatype an INTJ, but I don't think he's one of the most common INTJ types (3, 5, 8). How do the different enneatypes manifest themselves in INTJs?

Alea_iacta_est

The most common enneatypes for INTJ are 5,6, and 1. The rarest are 2, 9, and 7, leaving 3, 4, and 8 in the mid-range.

You will probably never meet an INTJ 2, 7, or 9 (except for one of the mods here, who I can't remember how to spell his or her name to mention, he or she is an INTJ 9) due to the increased rarity among the already few (assuming all sample sizes are accurate for the entire population).

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah, got it. Thought I heard somewhere that 3 and 8 were common types for INTJs. But E1 makes sense. :)

Either way, pretty sure he's not a 2, 3, 7, or 8. I could see him maybe being a 4, 6, or 9. It's possible he's a 5 or a 1, but I'm thinking it's more probable it would be a wing or just a part of his type rather than being his main type. I actually mis-typed him at first as an ISFJ in MBTI because he doesn't exude the INTJ confidence that is so often talked about, though I can clearly see his INTJ-ness now.

Alea_iacta_est

Ah, got it. Thought I heard somewhere that 3 and 8 were common types for INTJs. But E1 makes sense. :)

Either way, pretty sure he's not a 2, 3, 7, or 8. I could see him maybe being a 4, 6, or 9. It's possible he's a 5 or a 1, but I'm thinking it's more probable it would be a wing or just a part of his type rather than being his main type. I actually mis-typed him at first as an ISFJ in MBTI because he doesn't exude the INTJ confidence that is so often talked about, though I can clearly see his INTJ-ness now.

Do you know what neurotic emotion rules him the most out of anger, anxiety, and shame?

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm almost positive it's not anger. I've never seen him angry. Ever. Mildly annoyed, yes, but never truly angry. I'd have to say probably anxiety, though I wouldn't rule out shame.